Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 10:29 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The right to own guns shall not be infringed. To me that means unreasonable restrictions like these "smart guns".
It means anything.

These progressives do not care though. They ignore the rules, ignore the laws, lie, cheat and steal because they know we follow the laws. This is why they hope to disarm through attrition, through so many laws and regulations that it doesn't matter, you would never be able to use one. This is how they have been circumventing the American people, and pushing communist influence and corruption. They don't need to subjugate through literal means, they can do it through laws and all of the LAW ABIDING citizens will by their own choice to follow these laws enslave themselves.

Question people need to ask themselves. When does law abiding become self deprecating? Until the American people pull their head out of their collective arses, they will be completely and without a doubt responsible for the absolute loss of all their freedoms. A law that does not increase freedom is just another word for shackle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 10:35 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
First step?

I thought Obama was going to take all your guns. When are you RWNJ's going to understand that nobody (almost nobody) wants to take all guns. No politician can get elected on that, and none could be allowed to do it in office.

Why are you all so against any common sense steps to curb gun violence? And I'm not saying that smart-guns is common sense, but you're against ANYTHING and everything.

Here's an idea: Instead of banning people from countries who have given us exactly ZERO killers, why not look at the #1 killer in America, and see what we could do to all come to the table together, to respect the 2A and still make it a safer place. (Hint: It's not to sign EO's to make it easier for the mentally unstable to get guns, and cheer it on as some sort of victory for the US.)

SMFH.

There's that common sense bilge again. indeed. You mean like all the "common sense" laws CA has enacted? We've seen where this anti firearms common sense leads. The results are less than impressive and have often made criminals of law abiding citizens. We've been wise to these sneak attacks on our rights under the guise of common sense for some time now. You'll forgive our trepidation as to the true motives behind it, I'm sure, given how it's all turned out thus far.

Since weapons stolen from the government make up a huge percentage of weapons hitting the streets, I have to wonder just who is being effected by laws banning hi cap mags, muzzle breaks, requirements for bullet buttons in place of a proper mag release, pistol grips on rifles, welded receivers, and all other manner of inane regulations. The bad guys are still getting the real stuff, in quantity.

Every time we see some big haul of illegal weapons seized, there's hardly a peep as to where those weapons came from. But we see pictures and video of Sigs, Glocks, Berettas, M4s, and other weapons common to the military and LE. Often there's grenades and explosives, complete with initiating devices as well. All this came from legal purchases at gun stores and via civilian thefts? I don't think so.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:24 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
I had actually typed in "non-health related killers", but then deleted it. I didn't want to give the impression that I thought anyone was stupid enough to confuse health risks with accidents and/or murders. I guess that's what I get for assuming.

As for the rest of you: Let me get this strait. When you like something, you are all for "enforce the rules on the books". But when those rules are against your values, then they are just another conspiracy to keep you down. Got it!

Anyway, for all of you who put me in the "gun banner" group, you obviously don't know me. I'd say that you could try to break into my house so you'd stand corrected, but that wouldn't solve anything either.

I own guns, and support 2a. I'm also aware there's a problem, and in my experience NO PROBLEM EVER has been solved by refusing to acknowledge it, which is what the majority of responders in this discussion seem to support. I guess I'll just have to respectfully disagree. Anyway, have fun whining about the smart-guns. Another problem that is not going to happen anyway.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:30 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Hillary's plan, if she was successful in her bid for the Whitehouse, was to convert America to smartguns as a first step to disarm America. She knew as of now she did not have enough states with her to repeal the 2A. So to skirt around the 2A she was planning to work with the 2A to convert the US to smartguns. Once SCOTUS was in her pocket she planned to bankrupt the gun companies with class action suits.

The gun companies will be allowed to stay in biz only if they make smartguns that can be remotely licensed and turned off and on like a cell phone. Traditional guns will be outlawed, only smartguns will be legal. That was how she is getting around the the 2A. All you have to do is to look who is pushing the smartguns...the dems and gun haters. Smartguns are not pushed by gun devotees.

The long-term plan of the dems is to disarm America. (See NRA TV for Hillary considering Australia type gun confiscation for America) We can see how dem run states are run with their gun laws...draconian. Gov. Brown wants to use California as a model for all of America. The dem run states must allow something when it comes to guns so they do not violate the 2A, but the 2A is kept to a token bare minimum when it comes to the dem states. If Calexit is successful and CA secedes, the 2A will be gone and all guns confiscated, make no mistake about it.

Always remember, the 2A is not a right...it is an opinion. If the dems ever gain power of all of America, (which is predicted to be the case in the future.) it will be easy for them to repeal the 2A. Don't believe me? Look at CA for the model. Ever wonder how states can pass what seem to be crazy laws that protect illegal aliens over legitimate citizens? CA and other states can do it for the reason I outline here...they control the vote.

Mexico along with the dem stooges, can control the vote in CA . Once white conservatives are overrun with illegal aliens, dems stooges, Muslims, homosexuals, radicals, abortionists and gun haters it will be all over for the 2A. The conservative rep just wont have the vote any longer. It is stupidity for the reps to think they can get the vote of illegal aliens, dem stooges, Muslims, homosexuals, radicals, abortionists and gun haters...just not going to happen reps.

The reps need to think long and hard about the future of their party. This time, they got in by the skin of their teeth, but their reign will be uncertain down the road. It would be better to save something of America than lose it all. It may be time to think about a 2 party America with dem and rep states going with their respective parties...the Democratic Sates of America and the Republican States of America. Each can have their own prez, their own laws. Sure a waste of resources, but better a divorce than to kill each other off once the marriage is on the rocks.
The second amendment is a description of a birth right. It is not an opinion. An individual receives the right, at birth, to defend themselves. Government doesn't grant rights, they only take them away.
Dist. of Columbia tried some BS on guns and it was overturned, finally.

To be clear it's not that the dems don't want people to have guns, as arming drug cartels in Mexico and Syrian and Libyan rebels in Benghazi has taught us. They just don't want Americans to be armed.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:35 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,704,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
How many more "common sense" laws are needed, there are about 18000 right now?

Here's your problem, or maybe the problem. Every single time gun owners accomodate yet another "common sense" law you gun banners (and that is exactly what you are) within a year or two want "just one more" law that will fix things. And, of course, it's "common sense".

A few years ago Maryland effectively banned so called "assault rifles" (this after banning small caliber handguns in the 1990s). The very next Legislative session after the AR ban went into effect (which caused Beretta to close and move its Maryland manufacturing facility) legislation was introduced to ban "the most dangerous firearms sold in the state", semiautomatic shotguns used for waterfowl and other hunting.

So be honest and admit the end goal is banning followed by confiscation.
And most of the time they are never "common sense" laws. They are knee-jerk reactions out of fear.

Banning assault weapons always seems to be on the table because we hear more and more about mass shootings taking place with them. So once again, the legislation isn't based on facts, but on fear.

But what these gun grabbers don't want to comprehend is that 9 out of 10 gun crimes in the US are committed with cheap handguns with 8rnd magazines that cost less than $300. And those are the guns that are rarely banned.

Liberals say that Conservatives are thickheaded. But good lord jesus can liberals be just as thickheaded.

Sometimes I wonder if the gun laws in Maryland are just cash grabs. They never seem to ban much, just highly control it. You can still buy handguns, but you now have to spend $50 for a permit, $100 for a class, plus another $50 or so for fingerprinting. Then, when you actually go to purchase the firearm, you have to pay another $10 for a Maryland State Police background check because apparently the FBI background check isn't good enough. So everybody has their hand in the pot. The state, the fingerprinting company, the training instructor, and the state police.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:39 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I had actually typed in "non-health related killers", but then deleted it. I didn't want to give the impression that I thought anyone was stupid enough to confuse health risks with accidents and/or murders. I guess that's what I get for assuming.

As for the rest of you: Let me get this strait. When you like something, you are all for "enforce the rules on the books". But when those rules are against your values, then they are just another conspiracy to keep you down. Got it!

Anyway, for all of you who put me in the "gun banner" group, you obviously don't know me. I'd say that you could try to break into my house so you'd stand corrected, but that wouldn't solve anything either.

I own guns, and support 2a. I'm also aware there's a problem, and in my experience NO PROBLEM EVER has been solved by refusing to acknowledge it, which is what the majority of responders in this discussion seem to support. I guess I'll just have to respectfully disagree. Anyway, have fun whining about the smart-guns. Another problem that is not going to happen anyway.

The problem has already been acknowledged. Ghettos have crime issues and guns are used in 77% of any homicide and even higher for gun related crime.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.179d903e9ac2

So, why would any intelligent, legal gun owner be ok with being lumped into those statistics? There are already thousands of gun laws on the books at state, county, city and federal levels.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:50 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
And most of the time they are never "common sense" laws. They are knee-jerk reactions out of fear.

Banning assault weapons always seems to be on the table because we hear more and more about mass shootings taking place with them. So once again, the legislation isn't based on facts, but on fear.

But what these gun grabbers don't want to comprehend is that 9 out of 10 gun crimes in the US are committed with cheap handguns with 8rnd magazines that cost less than $300. And those are the guns that are rarely banned.

Liberals say that Conservatives are thickheaded. But good lord jesus can liberals be just as thickheaded.

Sometimes I wonder if the gun laws in Maryland are just cash grabs. They never seem to ban much, just highly control it. You can still buy handguns, but you now have to spend $50 for a permit, $100 for a class, plus another $50 or so for fingerprinting. Then, when you actually go to purchase the firearm, you have to pay another $10 for a Maryland State Police background check because apparently the FBI background check isn't good enough. So everybody has their hand in the pot. The state, the fingerprinting company, the training instructor, and the state police.
Have you seen the laundry list of CA fear driven crap? It's nothing more than a money grab. Did you know a muzzle brake, pistol grip and adjustable stock make a regular old long gun an "assault weapon". We now have:

pistol exam
rifle exam
ammo back ground check
hunter safety course

the govt gets a cut on everyone one of these. The pistol and rifle tests could be passed by a 5 yr old. They passed another AW ban and stores didn't even skip a beat with a work around. The exact same guns slightly tweeked. Fools these liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies