Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 09:24 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Let's turn it around and ask if all this negative posturing/ tweeting by Trump against the people and media hurts Trump?

Does his incessant protection of Putin hurt Trump? There is a balance between condemning Putin and gushing over him.

It was known going in, regardless of who was elected, he or she was going to have a record low approval rating and no clear mandate.

70% of eligible voters did not vote for Trump. Most of those who did not, 150 million+/- people, are not protesting.
I would say no, because Trump won the election in a landslide in the fashion that US presidential elections are determined. If Trump had not been so outspoken and opinionated, he probably would not have won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 09:26 AM

29,406 posts, read 14,607,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is bad for America because where Obama made us divide between race lines we are now being divided by our politics and thoughts.
The people I know who are for Trump have kept quiet for the most part whereas the Hillary people are angry and seem to enjoy making attacks on social media.

Trump has made some odd announcements that has engaged the Left. People don't like change and the snowflakes are frightened beyond the capacity for rational thought.

Trump could turn out to be just what this country needed but the Left will never admit this. We will always have this divide and those who refuse to get onboard for America.
You don't have to agree with Trump but being divided helps no one.
And also , where we live (coasters, rust belters) and our education levels (degreed or not)

Old 02-07-2017, 09:33 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,692,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
It really is sad to see such a circus surrounding such a truly important position in the world, POTUS. People want to say how Trump will do things so bad and lead this country into some dark period. Others think he's the messiah. But it's everyone but Trump I'm questioning. Instead of trying to give him space to let him make his own mistakes, it's as if the entire world has surrounded him giving him no breathing room.

At the end of the day, do you think all this negativity will be at least partially responsible for whatever the unknown future holds? Is Trump being held to an unfair standard where he might actually make moves based on the sentiment that surrounds him as opposed to what can (or doesn't) work for this country?

Whether I like or trust Trump for our future, which at this time I am on the fence, I blame the entire world less one man (Trump) for the problems of this moment in time.
If the alternative to international upheaval is sitting quietly and acting like Trump's agenda is normal, or good for the United States, then the upheaval is the lesser of the harms.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:34 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,199 times
OP...can't say. I don't have a crystal ball.

If the fascist dems refusal to accept a peaceful transition crashes the stock market, destroys America with thousands of sanctuary cities and millions more illegal aliens, then it looks bad to me. Gov. Brown is using CA as a model for the nation, so there you have it.

If the reps smarten up and they can breakaway the rep states from the dem states and form a two party country with their respective states following their parties ideology, then it may be good...but I just don't know.

I am pretty sure the reps time is getting short. As the fascist dems populate the US with illegal liens, anarchists, dem stooges, Muslims, homosexuals, abortionists, legalized dope fiends... the proverbial writing is on the wall for the reps.

The white conservative reps wont have the vote someday. Look at CA for the example. Mexico and dem stooges can decide any vote in CA. The US is next on the fascist dems agenda.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:38 AM

35,650 posts, read 21,018,276 times
He created this - why not ask him? people just responding to what IS

Old 02-07-2017, 09:40 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,305,854 times
I'm more concerned with #45's negative posturing against America being bad for Americans.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:41 AM

35,650 posts, read 21,018,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayland woman View Post
i'm more concerned with #45's negative posturing against america.

#45??

Old 02-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 19 days ago)

27,622 posts, read 16,104,993 times
The media casts a dark shadow daily. This cannot be good for the American psyche. Understandable when need be but it has been a relentless "assault". Obvious to anyone that isn't hyperpartisain. They are practically endorsing violence in thier lack of reporting and or blind eye to it. Disservice for sure.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:47 AM

1,160 posts, read 712,244 times
of course it is. Other countries look to us as an example and the left is showing that they are incapable of dealing with a transfer of power.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:48 AM

23,521 posts, read 17,199,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Trump supposedly not welcome to speak in the UK; Sanders calling him a fraud; the public's continued protesting; a judge putting putting a stop order on Trump's ban....the list seems endless.

And to a fault I will put some of the blame on the backlash against Trump on Trump himself, not for his actions, but his own continued assault on all he deems negative in this country and world.

It really is sad to see such a circus surrounding such a truly important position in the world, POTUS. People want to say how Trump will do things so bad and lead this country into some dark period. Others think he's the messiah. But it's everyone but Trump I'm questioning. Instead of trying to give him space to let him make his own mistakes, it's as if the entire world has surrounded him giving him no breathing room.

At the end of the day, do you think all this negativity will be at least partially responsible for whatever the unknown future holds? Is Trump being held to an unfair standard where he might actually make moves based on the sentiment that surrounds him as opposed to what can (or doesn't) work for this country?

Whether I like or trust Trump for our future, which at this time I am on the fence, I blame the entire world less one man (Trump) for the problems of this moment in time.
Putin loves it as he plays the dems like a fiddle. Al he has to do is compliment trump and the dems fall all over themselves attacking trump and thus dividing America like obama never could hope to do. Putin is laughing as he plays his useful idiots and weakens America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies