Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 10:10 AM

17,672 posts, read 13,526,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Rise in the stock market continues unabated under Trump's plans for the economy.

All the doom & gloomers proved wrong yet again.

Everything Is Awesome Again - Stocks Surge To Record Highs | Zero Hedge
It's funny. Obama gets Bin Laden 3 years into his term and all the Right Wingers claim "it was Bush' plan and design. Obama gets no credit".

So now here we are two and a half weeks into Trump's term and he fully owns the stock market. Never mind it more than doubled during Obama's two terms.

And of course we all know the market rose IN SPITE of Obama, and we all know it is going up now BECAUSE of Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 10:11 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,550,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Rise in the stock market continues unabated under Trump's plans for the economy.

All the doom & gloomers proved wrong yet again.

Everything Is Awesome Again - Stocks Surge To Record Highs | Zero Hedge

All the doom and gloom crowd that predicted a bust of the bull run during Obama's 2 terms were also proven wrong. Many argued that it was not a reflection of the economy as a whole.

The continuation is being fueled by intentions to reduce corporate taxes which will increase shareholder value.

Only thing certain is that all tides eventually turn.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:13 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,147,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The Anti-American Left will be here shortly to tell us how bad this is for our country.
And the Trumpies will remain silent when what goes up inevitably goes down.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:17 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,837,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I've heard that a number of billionaires (including Soros) are not happy that their yes man (Hillary) was not installed. I'm starting to heard grumblings that they are making a move against the USD, and the stock market.

I have no idea if this is true, but we know Soros are crashed other currencies, and economies in the past.

It will be interesting to see if the donor class makes a move to crash the economy as the ultimate attack against Trump.

We live in interesting times.
Interesting, indeed. Just where did you hear this interesting bit of information? I'd like to read about it, so please cite some sources. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Under Trump: Dodd-Frank is imperiled, and with it, the savings of small investors. But fear not, bankers! The Big Orange is your man!

Waldokitty's link is an paid advertisement.

The stock market dropped 19 points yesterday. The slow seep is beginning. it will be a wild ride, with ups and downs, but we are on a very dangerous course. I've had modest investments most of my adult life, and this reminds most sharply of the bank crisis and crash of 2006. My portfolio is still recovering from that - or at least, it was recovering. I hung on far too long then, due to the overly optimistic assurances of others that it was a temporary glitch and that my bank stocks - Wachovia - would recover. I've learned my lesson. Dodd-Frank would have limited my losses, had it been around then. Now Trump and his cronies - bankers all - are trying to eliminate it, and with it, protection for small investors.
It's impossible to time a market or catch a falling knife.

Dodd- Frank was substantially watered down legislation necessary to get the votes. It did not go far enough.

Repealing Dodd- Frank without replacing it with something else or compelling big banks to break up is scary stuff in that it once again enourages lenders to abandon all caution. It makes me uncomfortable that Trump Org owes $ billions to domestic and foreign banks and advocates to reduce regulation.

How dare a government/ treasury that guarantees deposits attempt to regulate banks.

Community banks were failing and merging long before Dodd- Frank. They do not however impose the same systemic risks as the big banks do. Holding big banks and community banks to the same standards is worthy of a second look.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:24 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,147,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's funny. Obama gets Bin Laden 3 years into his term and all the Right Wingers claim "it was Bush' plan and design. Obama gets no credit".

So now here we are two and a half weeks into Trump's term and he fully owns the stock market.
Never mind it more than doubled during Obama's two terms.

And of course we all know the market rose IN SPITE of Obama, and we all know it is going up now BECAUSE of Trump.
And he walks down the East River from midtown to get there!

Old 02-07-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I've heard that a number of billionaires (including Soros) are not happy that their yes man (Hillary) was not installed. I'm starting to heard grumblings that they are making a move against the USD, and the stock market.

I have no idea if this is true, but we know Soros are crashed other currencies, and economies in the past.

It will be interesting to see if the donor class makes a move to crash the economy as the ultimate attack against Trump.

We live in interesting times.
Where did you " hear" this?

Old 02-07-2017, 10:28 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,612,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And he walks down the East River from midtown to get there!
Ha ha! That made me laugh! Can't rep you again.

5,658 posts, read 6,254,443 times
All I need to know is this: NVDA is sitting at $120 and earnings come out Thursday.

The day my HTC Vive came in on April 6 2016, I bought 1000 shares of nVidia, at $35.50 / share, because I thought nVidia and VR were a match made in heaven (just like the GeForce and Quake 3 / Unreal Tournament were a great match back in late 1999). That turned out to be an unbelievable bet. I sold off half of my shares just before the end of the year after the Trump Bump for $110 -- so that netted me over $37K in profit (before tax). My remaining 500 shares are up $84.65 per share as of now, or over $42K. I've just been beside myself watching this thing grow. Should have put everything I had in back in April.

Wondering if I should sell before earnings or buy more before earnings.........................

Last edited by Nepenthe; 02-07-2017 at 10:43 AM..

12,390 posts, read 7,062,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Interesting, indeed. Just where did you hear this interesting bit of information? I'd like to read about it, so please cite some sources. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Where did you " hear" this?
It's just some stuff I'm hearing when I stick my ear to the ground.

It's too early to know if this is true or not, so there aren't any good sources to provide as of yet.

In all honesty, I can't vouch for the accuracy of this information, so I'll hold off on providing any sources.

So take it with a grain of salt, I just mentioned it because it seems to be plausible, so people should keeps their eyes, and ears open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies