Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 03:17 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,762,755 times

Advertisements

People in UK are just mad immigrants are outperforming British students. Globalization was fine was with British xenophobes until they started getting beat at their own game.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/02...n-our-schools/

Now the rest of Europe is a little different. There are legitimate concerns about integration; far right nationalism will only fuel the fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 03:19 PM

39,003 posts, read 51,008,962 times
Europe has a big problem with immigration from Muslim countries. They need the labor if their economy is to perform adequately and there is not much else but Muslims in the neighborhood to supply that laber. The people coming are mostly poorly educated, unskilled and unsophisticated and that leads to assimilation issues of all sorts. This is quite different from the US so drawing inferences from what Euros think is not wise. US Muslim immigrants and visa holders are generally better educated, have higher level skills and a more tolerant and cosmopolitan view of the world.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:43 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,872,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Frankly, I'm more afraid of some white crazy Christian with an automatic rifle shooting me in a Cracker Barrel.
We Christians aim to rule the world!!! And we are almost there......hehe!

Old 02-07-2017, 03:44 PM

914 posts, read 734,358 times
I have no idea how reliable the study is. I did find the socio-demographic trends quite interesting.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Europe has a big problem with immigration from Muslim countries. They need the labor if their economy is to perform adequately and there is not much else but Muslims in the neighborhood to supply that laber. The people coming are mostly poorly educated, unskilled and unsophisticated and that leads to assimilation issues of all sorts. This is quite different from the US so drawing inferences from what Euros think is not wise. US Muslim immigrants and visa holders are generally better educated, have higher level skills and a more tolerant and cosmopolitan view of the world.
Now THAT is funny.
You could not have intentionally FOUND more backwards, unskilled countries and cohorts of people to bring into my state than the thousands of Muslims who have been brought here by the government (and Catholic Charities).
It's like they were TRYING to lower the level of education, skills, tolerance and cosmopolitanness....

Old 02-07-2017, 03:46 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,315,001 times
I am not singling out muslims. I want to see a cap on all immigration and assimilate the people we have here already.I dont even want alot of European or any more liberal immigration, I worked on boats and bar tended through college and lived on tips, europeans, and really all foreigners Indians, Asians,Canadians,Australians , are the cheapest people you will ever meet. lol

Even at the height of proud of my Charleston french Huguenot heritage days, we had a french student stay with us on exchange program, Rudest guy I have ever met, insulted my mothers cooking, threw mustard on everything, always commenting on the obesity of american people, looked down on so many our backwards american habits , I guess like bathing every day and not smoking in restaurants or the house . I couldnt wait to get that guy to the airport.

Immigration was how the Democrats planned to survive, Donald trump should vett all liberals before they enter the country and deport all the democrats and people with anti social dangerous liberal tendencies lol

Its all about demographics, most immigrants and muslims, hispanics, asians, tend to vote democrat, republicans have a right to survive. If the present immigration policies are kept in place, Americas future would be like California today, one party Democrat rule

Old 02-07-2017, 04:05 PM

914 posts, read 734,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
We Christians aim to rule the world!!! And we are almost there......hehe!

Oh please, Geeo has a point. One of the most chilling terrorist attacks in Europe in the last decade, to me, was the one involving Anders Behring Breivik. White. Christian. 77 people slaughtered, many of them children. He was on a mission to preserve a "Christian Europe".

I have Muslim friends, colleagues, neighbours. They are not terrorists. The majority of Muslims are not terrorists. Such a ban would achieve nothing but divide communities.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
Oh please, Geeo has a point. One of the most chilling terrorist attacks in Europe in the last decade, to me, was the one involving Anders Behring Breivik. White. Christian. 77 people slaughtered, many of them children. He was on a mission to preserve a "Christian Europe".

I have Muslim friends, colleagues, neighbours. They are not terrorists. The majority of Muslims are not terrorists. Such a ban would achieve nothing but divide communities.
I don't know..........killing 3,000 of us on 9/11 certainly "divided some communities"..........some of the people in those communities were moved into cemeteries (when the remains could be found). Some stayed in their homes (with destroyed lives).
That's kind of being "divided"..........

Old 02-07-2017, 04:56 PM

729 posts, read 427,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
No sir they won't bu they will have to report the dutch and french election results and the impending break up of the EU. Right wing populism and anti immigration/anti globalism is surging everywhere but the American left and American media is very provincial

What really angers me is our tech companies, so many of these idiots want to take court action over a freaking 7 country 3 month ban while they cloister themselves in "corporate campuses" in predominantly White and some Asian rich suburbs like mountain view, palo alto, etc, all the while preaching immigration and multiculturalism.

Asian and European cities have much better mass transit, airports and infrastructure and are much nicer than these homeless tent cities, crappy mass transit and aging infrastructure and overpriced ugly cities we have. How are Asian nations able to run great companies like samsung, sony, alibaba etc without having to import an entire engineering workforce from every planet under the sun and turn its cities into modern day Babels

Maybe by encouraging stronger science and engineering education in Asian schools and being more selective on who they allow to immigrate into their country?
Great post. I just listened to something on Your Voice Radio about a woman whose daughter graduated college (engineering major) and can't get a job because all the big companies want H1-B visa immigrants. These big companies that want foreign labor sell out, and shut out, college students, and it's sad. Rejecting all these American graduates is something these companies have gotten away with for too long.

I read or heard somewhere that one of or some of of the rich arab nations are willing to spend billions to build mosques for the "refugees." Now see, if they would spend money like that on educating their citizens (women included), encouraging entrepreneurship, encouraging invention, encouraging innovation, etc. But they don't. And they wonder why nations like the USA, UK, France, Netherlands, etc are so much more advanced and have so many people with such a higher standard of living...

And interesting that you mention Japan. Check out some of the lunacy in this thread:
Why is that European countries and the US get reprimanded for not accepting refugees but Japan does not?

Last edited by Manimuni; 02-07-2017 at 05:31 PM..

Old 02-07-2017, 05:03 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,915,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Where is the proof of this? If this has nothing to do with asylum seekers and refugees but is instead about supplying labor, why not implement a labor supply policy? There are literally billions of people out there in the world, most people are not muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies