Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 05:47 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sorry, I DON'T agree with an opinion piece written by a LIBERAL writer from a liberal site.
I believe what Mr. Trump said all along while campaigning. This from his campaign website:

​DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON PREVENTING MUSLIM IMMIGRATION

Quote:
(New York, NY) December 7th, 2015, -- Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on. ...
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-r...im-immigration

I also believe Mr. Giuliani:

Quote:
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) said in an interview on Saturday that President Trump had previously asked him about legally implementing a "Muslim ban."

But Giuliani then disputed the notion that the president's sweeping executive order barring refugees and people from seven predominantly Muslim nations amounts to a ban on Muslims.

"I’ll tell you the whole history of it: When he first announced it, he said ‘Muslim ban,'" Giuliani said on Fox News.

"He called me up, he said, ‘Put a commission together, show me the right way to do it legally.’" ...
Giuliani: Trump asked me how to do a Muslim ban 'legally'
Giuliani: Trump asked me how to do a Muslim ban 'legally' | TheHill

Old 02-13-2017, 05:49 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
[quote=Quick Enough;47184226]OK, I'm confused.

I responded to your post an included, with quotations" what YOU typed, "[quote=ChiGeekGuest;47178483]Why continue the cover up of so-called President's incompetence?"

You responded:

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Please remove these nonsensical statements from my quote:"
Quote:
I am bolding this to show what you typed.

So, what is the problem?
You're being dishonest here. I have the screenshot. I wish I hadn't responded with the above post. I'm not interested in playing games with you. G'night.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:56 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
[quote=ChiGeekGuest;47184475][quote=Quick Enough;47184226]OK, I'm confused.

I responded to your post an included, with quotations" what YOU typed, "
Quote:
Why continue the cover up of so-called President's incompetence?"

You responded:

[b]"

You're being dishonest here. I have the screenshot. I wish I hadn't responded with the above post. I'm not interested in playing games with you. G'night.
"I'm not interested in playing games with you"

I am NOT interested in playing games with you either.

I THOUGHT I had copied what you said DIRECTLY and put it in quotes.

If I failed in doing so I apologize.

Instead of just saying I did so why didn't you post what I did say? And I would have apologized immediately for making my mistake.

I am ALSO sorry you are so sensitive.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:30 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
That's questionable, the 9th circuit is overturned 80% of the time it's challenged.

That percentage is based on the cases that the SCOTUS agrees to hear which is a microscopic percentage of the 9th Appeals Court Rulings average rate for being overturned and the national average for all courts being overturned is 68%.

So 80% would mean that out of around 11,000 rulings each year by the 9th circuit the SCOTUS reviews only around 17 cases on average and overturns 13.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:55 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
This was surprising to me and I think the extremely high rate indicates something wrong. How could the regional courts have such a different opinion than the SCOTUS? Maybe it was set up that way on purpose?

I admit I know nothing about our Judicial branch, something that seems pretty common even among moderately politically involved folks, but this reversal rate is a shock to me.
The Supreme Court takes cases where either the Circuit Courts disagree with each other or where a pressing national question demands their intervention. These are the tough cases, and the Supreme Court often treads new ground in ruling upon them. This is not a random sample of cases from the Circuits--it is cases where a Circuit's use of existing precedent is not a great guide to where the Supreme Court will decide to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"There were several judges"

3 to be exact and 1 FOR from Mass.

If Trump fights this the 9th court WILL be overturned, again.
He won't and it won't. And if he does, he will be embarrassed.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
The Supreme Court takes cases where either the Circuit Courts disagree with each other or where a pressing national question demands their intervention. These are the tough cases, and the Supreme Court often treads new ground in ruling upon them. This is not a random sample of cases from the Circuits--it is cases where a Circuit's use of existing precedent is not a great guide to where the Supreme Court will decide to go.

He won't and it won't. And if he does, he will be embarrassed.
" And if he does, he will be embarrassed"

And what is your record in predictions?

Old 02-14-2017, 02:33 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,598 times
They should be impeached.

Illegals are also collecting a ton of government benefits and that's why the government is always saying medicare and social security are going bankrupt and the retirement age is being raised.

These are must listen to:
Ann Coulter on KSFO Morning Show (2/10/2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA91TZ1kbIk

Ann Coulter on The Sean Hannity Radio Show (2/13/2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wOxS_EcyUk

Ann Coulter - February 8, 2017 - A MANIAC IS RUNNING OUR FOREIGN POLICY! (IT'S NOT TRUMP)

They need to start impeaching judges.

For the liberals who want to defend this:

Civil War will come. We got the military, we got the guns, we have the men.

Chew on that treasonous trash.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
I believe what Mr. Trump said all along while campaigning. This from his campaign website:

​DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON PREVENTING MUSLIM IMMIGRATION

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-r...im-immigration

I also believe Mr. Giuliani:

Giuliani: Trump asked me how to do a Muslim ban 'legally'
Giuliani: Trump asked me how to do a Muslim ban 'legally' | TheHill
I didn't realize Trump and Giuliani counted as "liberals". Who knew!

Old 02-14-2017, 04:12 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
They should be impeached.

Illegals are also collecting a ton of government benefits and that's why the government is always saying medicare and social security are going bankrupt and the retirement age is being raised.

These are must listen to:
Ann Coulter on KSFO Morning Show (2/10/2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA91TZ1kbIk

Ann Coulter on The Sean Hannity Radio Show (2/13/2017)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wOxS_EcyUk

Ann Coulter - February 8, 2017 - A MANIAC IS RUNNING OUR FOREIGN POLICY! (IT'S NOT TRUMP)

They need to start impeaching judges.

For the liberals who want to defend this:

Civil War will come. We got the military, we got the guns, we have the men.

Chew on that treasonous trash.
Did she learn that in law school, emb.arrassing.

By the way many illegal aliens pay social security tax which thy will never see

Old 02-15-2017, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Did she learn that in law school, emb.arrassing.

By the way many illegal aliens pay social security tax which thy will never see
"By the way many illegal aliens pay social security tax which thy will never see"

How are they paying it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies