Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:40 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
$100,000? That's nothing.

Their reputation? The UC Berkeley Police Dept will survive.

Free Speech? Is alive and well at UC Berkeley and that speaker plans to come back. Hopefully the anarchists will stay away.
You were proud of those anarchist last week, now you hope they stay away because they exposed your school's hypocrisy.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:50 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
$100,000? That's nothing.

Their reputation? The UC Berkeley Police Dept will survive.

Free Speech? Is alive and well at UC Berkeley and that speaker plans to come back. Hopefully the anarchists will stay away.
How in the world can you say free speech is alive at well at Berkeley when they just had a riot to stop someone from offering opinions they disagree with, and the school did nothing to stop the riot?

Old 02-07-2017, 05:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
I just love how letigious conservatives suddenly are.

How much should they get? $2, $3, $5 million?

I saw it on television, should I sue them too?

When they the progressive police state has purposely disarmed us from being able to protect ourselves, we have given ourselves a false sense of security the police will be there to keep you from getting harmed by another person, on purpose, with intent.
This is what happens when there is no accountability, for their actions of violence towards others, because they have the wrong message. This will only be tolerated for so long, and real blood will spill to cull those that take the action to harm others because of differing opinions.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
You were proud of those anarchist last week, now you hope they stay away because they exposed your school's hypocrisy.

He is trying like hell to justify it.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:01 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Haha Im still waiting for someone to explain the hypocrisy?

1. He was invited by the school Republican club.

2. The school approved it.

3. Students protested peacefully outside while the event was taking place inside.

4. Black-clad, masked assailants from Occupy Oakland showed up and reaked the havoc you all gasped at on tv.

Here, they took a group selfie afterwards back in Oakland.

5. Because the anarchists penetrated the building and could have caused bodily harm to the speaker and his audience, police shut down the event.

Damage and injury was at a minimum.

The fake outrage that ensued afterwards is what's hypocritical, actually.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When they the progressive police state has purposely disarmed us from being able to protect ourselves, we have given ourselves a false sense of security the police will be there to keep you from getting harmed by another person, on purpose, with intent.
THANK GOD I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA aka civilization

Quote:
This is what happens when there is no accountability, for their actions of violence towards others, because they have the wrong message. This will only be tolerated for so long, and real blood will spill to cull those that take the action to harm others because of differing opinions.
Remember these are YOUR words

Old 02-07-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Haha Im still waiting for someone to explain the hypocrisy?

1. He was invited by the school Republican club.

2. The school approved it.

3. Students protested peacefully outside while the event was taking place inside.

4. Black-clad, masked assailants from Occupy Oakland showed up and reaked the havoc you all gasped at on tv.

Here, they took a group selfie afterwards back in Oakland.

5. Because the anarchists penetrated the building and could have caused bodily harm to the speaker and his audience, police shut down the event.

Damage and injury was at a minimum.

The fake outrage that ensued afterwards is what's hypocritical, actually.

I do not take to threats on my well being, very lightly.
But I refuse to be oppressed.

Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I do not take to threats on my well being, very lightly.
But I refuse to be oppressed.

Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.
Once again, where is the hypocrisy in the school's part?

Old 02-07-2017, 06:19 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
I totally agree with the university police depts' decision.

Property damage wasnt that bad, at the most intense, it was contained to a portable light that was burned and a few windows were smashed, but actual injury to people was very minor for such a large amount of people.

If they engaged protestors, we would have seen people getting hurt on tv and the fake outrage would have been 10x worse.
I totally disagree with the decision of the university police department. I read the article. Disgusting excuses from top to bottom (including the response from the police sgt quoted). Weak. Pathetic. Against the law. And I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for many of those LEOs on the front line who are internally and professionally hard-wired to take control of the out-of-control, but had to stand down under orders.

Arrest, mug shot, finger print, abide by the laws on the books re: penalties. The next time it happens arrest, mug shot, finger print, abide by the laws on the books re: penalties (including whatever increased penalties are on the books for participating in a second riot). Rinse and repeat.

The adults in the room need to start ACTING like the adults in the room. And everyone from the gutless brass in the PD to the gutless administrators at the university are included in that expectation of adult, accountable behavior. Grow a damn spine.

If the situation does not improve, cut off federal funds. Money talks. BS walks. Do the adults in the room want to lose their federal financial support for the sake of a bunch of out-of-control maggot kids?? It's coming.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Sued for what?

Not protecting the windows?
For allowing innocent activity goers to have thier skulls bashed in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies