Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:19 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,056,787 times

Advertisements

Most Europeans want immigration ban from Muslim-majority countries, poll reveals

Quote:
An average of 55 per cent of people across the 10 European countries surveyed wanted to stop all future immigration from mainly Muslim countries.
The Chatham House study, conducted before US President Donald Trump signed an executive order banning immigration to the US from seven predominantly Muslim countries, found majorities in all but two of the ten states opposed immigration from mainly Muslim countries.

Only 20 per cent disagreed, while 25 per cent said they did not know.

Most Europeans want immigration ban from Muslim-majority countries, poll reveals | The Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 04:36 AM

44 posts, read 41,963 times
Agreed. As a child I could be out in the park until 7-8pm on a weekend and we never had to lock our doors before bed but kids are always back before the evening and many are accompanied by adults. I have locks and alarms all over the place I have had a Somali try and stab me on a bus because I wouldn't let him pat me down to see what I had on me (which was very little) and luckily I managed to avoid any real harm and a Pakistani tried to pull my wife's clothes off whilst she was returning from work and we called the police who gave her a crime number and seemingly forgot aboutnthe case and my son was also chased by a migrant last year. I think it'd be a lot better if Europe would vet these guys a lot better then we do.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:57 AM

76,967 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Most Europeans want immigration ban from Muslim-majority countries, poll reveals
ISIS wants the same thing, and even celebrated when Trump announced his ban.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:42 AM

21,399 posts, read 10,456,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoccieHobNob View Post
Agreed. As a child I could be out in the park until 7-8pm on a weekend and we never had to lock our doors before bed but kids are always back before the evening and many are accompanied by adults. I have locks and alarms all over the place I have had a Somali try and stab me on a bus because I wouldn't let him pat me down to see what I had on me (which was very little) and luckily I managed to avoid any real harm and a Pakistani tried to pull my wife's clothes off whilst she was returning from work and we called the police who gave her a crime number and seemingly forgot aboutnthe case and my son was also chased by a migrant last year. I think it'd be a lot better if Europe would vet these guys a lot better then we do.
So the police acted like what happened to your wife was no big deal, like they do with property crime? I should not be surprised after Rotherham, but sexual assault isn't something that should just be shrugged off. What is wrong with your police?

Old 02-09-2017, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Oh, the old these people are so nice but if we're not welcoming they'll join ISIS argument. It's really not working. I don't want people here who would join a terror group if we don't welcome them with open arms.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:02 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,214,752 times
Quote:
ISIS wants no access to Europe or America? What are you talking about?!

Old 02-09-2017, 06:39 AM

76,967 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
ISIS wants no access to Europe or America? What are you talking about?!
They celebrated the ban, knowing it will produce a slew of new recruits, and help radicalize muslims already living in US and Europe.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:18 AM

44 posts, read 41,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So the police acted like what happened to your wife was no big deal, like they do with property crime? I should not be surprised after Rotherham, but sexual assault isn't something that should just be shrugged off. What is wrong with your police?
Our police aren't what they used to be. They once commanded respect, now we barely see them in public.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
They celebrated the ban, knowing it will produce a slew of new recruits, and help radicalize muslims already living in US and Europe.
Again, you are making Trump's argument here. If Muslims in America and Europe can become so much easily radicalized, who needs 'em?

Old 02-09-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoccieHobNob View Post
Our police aren't what they used to be. They once commanded respect, now we barely see them in public.
That is sad. People are trying to do that here too. We need police or there is just chaos. At least if that happened here, we would have a right to defend ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies