Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 06:51 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,365,607 times

Advertisements

The definition of condone is to disregard or overlook (something illegal or objectionable)
That is EXACTLY what the left is doing in regard to the increasingly violent protests against Trump that we are seeing. They disregard it. They overlook it. They minimize it.

Yet they are motivated to march based on what Trump has done ?!
How is whatever Trump has done worse than beating people, blocking ambulances, destroying property and setting fires??

I realize the vast majority of protesters do not do this but they are motivated to go out and protest Trump but they are not motivated in the slightest to protest the behavior of the rioters who so frequently show up at these protests and behave in such despicable ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 06:55 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,913,330 times
I was taught that the men who participated in the Boston Tea Party were heroes and patriots. I believe that most of the people attacking private property are anti-fascist anarchists, as opposed to liberals. That said, I think that riots can be a valid form of protest.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:57 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,980,673 times
Trump should sign EO outlawing jumping off bridges. Sit back and watch the fun. MSM is disgusting accomplice. The enemy at this point.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:58 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,980,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I was taught that the men who participated in the Boston Tea Party were heroes and patriots. I believe that most of the people attacking private property are anti-fascist anarchists, as opposed to liberals. That said, I think that riots can be a valid form of protest.
Perfect example of op's point.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:00 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,486,065 times
Quote:
Keep the powder dry and pass the ammunition.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:01 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,911,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
The definition of condone is to disregard or overlook (something illegal or objectionable)
That is EXACTLY what the left is doing in regard to the increasingly violent protests against Trump that we are seeing. They disregard it. They overlook it. They minimize it.

Yet they are motivated to march based on what Trump has done ?!
How is whatever Trump has done worse than beating people, blocking ambulances, destroying property and setting fires??

I realize the vast majority of protesters do not do this but they are motivated to go out and protest Trump but they are not motivated in the slightest to protest the behavior of the rioters who so frequently show up at these protests and behave in such despicable ways.
Ummm maybe we don't condone it?

Old 02-07-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I was taught that the men who participated in the Boston Tea Party were heroes and patriots.
Is blocking an ambulance an act of heroism?

Old 02-07-2017, 07:03 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,489,071 times
Ok. I don't condone any violent actions of any protester left or right or anywhere else.

But I'm not into marching period. Boycotts and placing pressure on bussiness not to associate their name with folk you don't like is always a better route. Money talk.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,841,966 times
Quote:
Pick your battles wisely, please.

MLK "played the MSM" well back in the day well and; helped turn the US against Jim Crow and, rightly so.

OTOH: the la raza kind, the BLM kind and other groups ARE making lots of enemies in 2017. Def not real smart there, you DC and Berkeley punks since Trump was sworn in as POTUS. Even tho most were anglo white, their kind still need to be pun in their place.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Ummm maybe we don't condone it?
The protesters speak out against Trump vocally but not the rioters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies