Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 05:46 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just read the articles before commenting.
No, I'll do what I want.

You still haven't explained using "CSK." The article didn't use that abbreviation.

Maybe you should exclude such obscure references from your own comments.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:47 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
She shouldn't have to "prove" it. I mean, what is this, happy hour at the Beer Hall Putsch?

She should absolutely have to prove it. She used the lie to gain admission to for a spot guaranteed to a minority.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:49 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Yep. It's clearly "Make America White Again." You should be proud.

I have no idea about the veracity of Warren's NA claims. I'm also not in agreement with her about several things.

So I'm not trying to defend her, but I would point out that not being on the Dawes roll has little bearing on whether or not she has tribal blood.

My people hail from Oklahoma. My maternal great grandfather was full blood Choctaw, and he married a woman who was half Chickasaw, half Irish. On my father's side, there is Cherokee blood. It is not uncommon for people with mixed NA and Euro heritage to NOT be on the Dawes rolls or have a tribal affiliation.

For one thing, many families fell through the cracks. For another, sadly many people back then were ashamed of their NDN heritage and did not claim to be NA.

The story in the family about my mother's grandpa is that he claimed his parents immigrated from Sicily and that was why he had dark skin.

There are loads of people who actually have native blood but no tribal affiliation and whose families do not appear on the Dawes rolls.

but she has a right to talk- no??

Old 02-08-2017, 05:49 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Really, you wouldn't say this backfired? The letter was read and entered into the record by another senator so what did McConnell accomplish?
He humiliated Lyawatha.

It scored him points with Trump supporters.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:51 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Warren barred from speaking on Senate floor
It sure looks like DC is more corrupt, divided and partisan than ever before in US history.

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,594,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
She should absolutely have to prove it. She used the lie to gain admission to for a spot guaranteed to a minority.
First off, Harvard mentioned her "ethnicity" was not considered in her hire. And second, unless you can prove she lied, then you have no basis to say she did

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Because McConnell decided to go after Pocahontas.

Then he left the floor and wasn't around to listen to more Demo-nonsense.

Yes, he singled Warren out for doing what all the Democrats were doing.

I'm glad he did.

Even if it is "unfair."
why not just burnt the Constitution and make it a fascist state already- your way or the highway- simple- maybe El T- will send out another EO and just abolish the congress- he doesn't like govt anyways- just itching for internal wars unawares-- wake up right-wingers- this will not end well for you either-

Old 02-08-2017, 05:54 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,907 times
It's sad how all these dullards are threatened by a smart independent women. So sad.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:54 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Because McConnell decided to go after Pocahontas.

Then he left the floor and wasn't around to listen to more Demo-nonsense.

Yes, he singled Warren out for doing what all the Democrats were doing.

I'm glad he did.

Even if it is "unfair."
The person I was responding to indicated that this backfired on Warren, that is not true at all.

You have yet to offer a single thing that Warren stated that was slanderous other than childish labels. Maybe you should read CSK's letter and tell me what is at issue, it must be something rather large to be the 2nd senator in history to be rebuked.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:56 AM

585 posts, read 492,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I'm telling you it's like a zombie take over... They no longer represent our democratic system. They pushing their own agenda regardless of the nation's voice. DC has got the crazies - but hope that just empowers Liz more!!

I wonder how stuff like this started? Here's an idea:

The top congressional leaders from both parties gathered at the White House for a working discussion over the shape and size of President Barack Obama’s economic stimulus plan. The meeting was designed to promote bipartisanship.

But Obama showed that in an ideological debate, he’s not averse to using a jab.

Challenged by one Republican senator over the contents of the package, the new president, according to participants, replied: “I won.”

The statement was prompted by Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl of Arizona , who challenged the president and the Democratic leaders over the balance between the package’s spending and tax cuts, bringing up the traditional Republican notion that a tax credit for people who do not earn enough to pay income taxes is not a tax cut but a government check.

Obama noted that such workers pay Social Security and Medicare taxes, property taxes and sales taxes. The issue was widely debated during the presidential campaign, when Sen. John McCain, the Republican nominee, challenged Obama’s tax plan as “welfare.”

With those two words — “I won” — the Democratic president let the Republicans know that debate has been put to rest Nov. 4 .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies