Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 01:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
She was sitting in on the FBI interviews, the Grand Jury presentation, Sessions' office and at the trial?

Please share those details.

Obviously, she wasn't.

Sessions conducted himself properly during the Marion Three case, and Mrs King slanders him by trying to present it as him being a racist.

Care to let us know if you believe Sessions acted properly? I'm guessing no.
Coretta Scott King was very much aware of Sessions' actions, and how they impacted the black community. She was in a unique position to share their perspective and their concerns with the Senate. And she did so. You may not like her perspective or her opinions, but, see, that's the thing. In the United States, freedom of speech means respecting her right to share her perspective and opinions. And it means respecting Warren's right to share King's perspective and opinions.

Mrs King's letter was thoughtful and well-written. There was nothing in it that violated the Senate's decorum. Proof of that FACT can be seen in that FOUR other Senators then read Mrs King's letter or portions thereof, and none were accused of violating the Senate's decorum.

Those niggling little facts, eh?

Old 02-08-2017, 01:53 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sources. Warren lied about being Native American for personal financial gain, and Ted Kennedy left a woman to die for personal gain.
I'm not going into this Elizabeth Warren lied about being Native American thing again, especially when I don't think she did lie. And anyways, Kennedys gain was not drowning, I don't see how you equate the two

Old 02-08-2017, 01:54 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
She wanted to read a letter that was essentially a slanderous lie.

The Senate has rules to prevent such attacks on other members.

Does you avoidance of the Marion Three case mean that you concede that Sessions acted appropriately?

The letter was not a lie but I see like other republicans you don't believe in free speech either in the house or the senate.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:57 PM

88,951 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Wrong on both counts
Nope. Both true. I posted the Harvard Crimson link, and everyone knows what happened in Chappaquiddick.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:02 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Coretta Scott King was very much aware of Sessions' actions, and how they impacted the black community. She was in a unique position to share their perspective and their concerns with the Senate. And she did so. You may not like her perspective or her opinions, but, see, that's the thing. In the United States, freedom of speech means respecting her right to share her perspective and opinions. And it means respecting Warren's right to share King's perspective and opinions.

Mrs King's letter was thoughtful and well-written. There was nothing in it that violated the Senate's decorum. Proof of that FACT can be seen in that FOUR other Senators then read Mrs King's letter or portions thereof, and none were accused of violating the Senate's decorum.

Those niggling little facts, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The letter was not a lie but I see like other republicans you don't believe in free speech either in the house or the senate.
Obviously you did not read pages 5 through 6 of her letter.

If you read it and then took the time to read up on the case, you'd understand if you could get past your partisan handcuffs for a short period.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:03 PM

88,951 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I'm not going into this Elizabeth Warren lied about being Native American thing again, especially when I don't think she did lie. And anyways, Kennedys gain was not drowning, I don't see how you equate the two
Warren did lie for personal financial gain (see the Harvard Crimson link I posted), and Ted Kennedy didn't report the accident or seek help for his companion because he was driving while drunk. Ted Kennedy waited 9 hours to report the single car accident.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:04 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
Warren did lie for personal financial gain (see the Harvard Crimson link I posted), and Ted Kennedy didn't report the accident or seek help for his companion because he was driving while drunk. Ted Kennedy waited 9 hours to report the single car accident.
I'm not going to read that, so don't bother trying to convince me. Just like I'm not going to convince you. And round and round we go.....

Old 02-08-2017, 02:04 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Obviously you did not read pages 5 through 6 of her letter.

If you read it and then took the time to read up on the case, you'd understand if you could get past your partisan handcuffs for a short period.

Yes I did and it's not a lie,it's exactly why it was being read .I see you haven't answered my question ,still waiting?

Old 02-08-2017, 02:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Maybe he thought she could hold her breath for an incredibly long time.

It would take years of me holding my breath before a liberal admits Sessions did his duty properly in regards to the Marion Three prosecution.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:08 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,145 times
Tribe Chief say , "squaw Warren speak with forked tongue".....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.