Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 02:37 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She lost big by doing....what??? Reading a letter written by Coretta Scott King into the Senate record?
NO, she did much MORE then that.

Read the posts above yours and get in formed instated of making false statements.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 02-08-2017 at 02:52 PM..

Old 02-08-2017, 02:39 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let's add a little reality to your attempts to argue....

From Twila Barnes who ran a group of Cherokee Indian genealogists who attempted to document Warren's lineage.

Cherokee genealogist to Elizabeth Warren: “Your Native American issue has not been put to rest”
Your little link goes to a right wing site, and that was 5 years ago. Not giving it the credibility you want me to

Old 02-08-2017, 02:42 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Trump's opinion was contradicted by every authority in a position to know. EVERY one of them.

King's opinion is informed by the fact that she was one of the people affected. She describes how she and other black people were affected by Sessions' actions at that time.
Quote:
Mrs King was a black person. She had a perspective of how Sessions' handled things and how his actions harmed black people. She is entitled to share that perspective. And Senator Warren is entitled to share Mrs King's perspective.

The debate you and I are engaging in, that's the debate that should have occurred in the Senate. Senator Warren should have been allowed to present her argument, and the Republican Senators should have rebutted that argument. Silencing a Senator in a debate over the confirmation of a Presidential Cabinet appointee only gives credence to that Senator's argument. It doesn't rebut the argument. Senator Sessions was not well-served by Senate Majority Leader McConnell's actions.
Partisan to the end I see.

"She's black so she knows what Sessions did."

That has to be the lamest excuse I've ever read.

You are no different at all from the birthers. You refuse to look at the evidence because the last thing you'd do is contradict this falsehood put forward by King and Warren.

This PROVES facts don't matter to you.

It's so funny how so many of you were going on about the Marion Three prosecution about a dozen pages back. I begin presenting some facts to debate and MOST going running for the hills when they realize they've been duped while you sit her and say King's opinions trump all evidence.

So, basically you have zero credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
Why are Democrats the ones who are able to articulate their arguments and the Conservatives come back with "but we won".

I feel sorry for the conservatives you have transformed from ignorant voters to just plain stupid supporters.

God will punish you.

The top congressional leaders from both parties gathered at the White House for a working discussion over the shape and size of President Barack Obama’s economic stimulus plan. The meeting was designed to promote bipartisanship.

But Obama showed that in an ideological debate, he’s not averse to using a jab.

Challenged by one Republican senator over the contents of the package, the new president, according to participants, replied: “I won.”[/quote]

"Why are Democrats the ones who are able to articulate their arguments"

Thankfully that is only YOUR opinion.

"Conservatives come back with "but we won"."

BECAUSE it is what Obama SAID and we like to remind you of it.

I'd bet you NEVER complained when he said it.

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why are Republicans such delicate snowflakes?
For the same reason democrats were when people disagreed with Obama about anything. Unfortunately this is politics today and the base for each side is all in for their side......being totally hypocritical.

Trash talking sells.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Your little link goes to a right wing site, and that was 5 years ago. Not giving it the credibility you want me to
How about you, do you also refuse to accept facts?

Old 02-08-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
MCCONNELL is winning?? You must also believe Big Coal is coming back, right?

Why can't this "winner" answer his dang phone and talk with his constituents? Is he trying to silence us, too?
"MCCONNELL is winning?? You must also believe Big Coal is coming back,"

Let's see, she was talking and McConnel had her stop and go back to her seat.

Yea, I'd say HE WON.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:46 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How about you, do you also refuse to accept facts?
What facts am I refusing to accept? (And don't say that Elizabeth Warren lied about being part Native American)

Old 02-08-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What facts am I refusing to accept? (And don't say that Elizabeth Warren lied about being part Native American)
That Sessions properly performed his duty.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She should have been allowed to speak.
You do NOT make the rules. Sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies