Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 04:55 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,547,555 times

Advertisements

What a gift McConnell handed to the Democrats. It's no longer debatable-------they will engage in blatant destruction of truth and democracy in the Senate. And every time they do it, they punch another hole in the bottom of their boat.

Imagine the expressions on their smug, arrogant faces, when they find they're up for re-call in their states. Enough outrage will bring that result.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:56 PM

7,801 posts, read 10,075,803 times
I'm a moderate Republican and I think Warren is a kook but she has a right to speak, even if we hate her message. I think this was a really stupid move ... nobody was going to hear her speech other than the few people who watch CSPAN. Now she has a megaphone, millions will hear her speech. This makes the Senate Republicans look petty and misogynistic. Also, one day ... and sooner than people think ... the Republican Party will be in the same situation as the Democrats currently are. States that are currently GOP strongholds like Texas and Georgia are gradually trending towards the Democrats.

Oh well, they don't call the GOP the stupid party for no reason.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:56 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,491,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What a gift McConnell handed to the Democrats. It's no longer debatable-------they will engage in blatant destruction of truth and democracy in the Senate. And every time they do it, they punch another hole in the bottom of their boat.

Imagine the expressions on their smug, arrogant faces, when they find they're up for re-call in their states. Enough outrage will bring that result.
Want to bet who picks up more seats in 2018?

Old 02-08-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I'm a moderate Republican and I think Warren is a kook but she has a right to speak, even if we hate her message. I think this was a really stupid move ... nobody was going to hear her speech other than the few people who watch CSPAN. Now she has a megaphone, millions will hear her speech. Also, one day ... and sooner than people think ... the Republican Party will be in the same situation as the Democrats currently are. States that are currently GOP strongholds like Texas and Georgia are gradually trending towards the Democrats.

Oh well, they don't call the GOP the stupid party for no reason.
Which party controls more offices in the nation?

Old 02-08-2017, 04:59 PM

56,953 posts, read 25,911,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What she said in her letter is a LIE.

Which is why you refuse to discuss the facts about it.

It doesn't matter if she is purple, Sessions performed his duty as he should have.
Well did the Federal prosecutors also place FBI agents outside polling places and post offices in white districts. Did you read the details on the grand jury hearings?

No investigation of white voter fraud just blacks because we all know that white voters were clean when it came to absentee ballots. Seems like he went after these activists rather vigorously when they started grabbing political power.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:00 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,699,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Warren barred from speaking on Senate floor for rest of Sessions debate | Fox News

McConnell used an arcane Senate rule to muzzle Elizabeth Warren. What is this, Russia? Republicans should be ashamed.
Actually he used a rule that demands they show respect. I know, moobats think that's arcane. We need to send out the military, round up these whacko protestors, build a sheriff Joe camp and toss them in. Maybe sitting in the desert for a year with pink garb on eating peanut butter and jelly will give them time to think about how they respond to life's disappointments.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well did the Federal prosecutors also place FBI agents outside polling places and post offices in white districts. Did you read the details on the grand jury hearings?

No investigation of white voter fraud just blacks because we all know that white voters were clean when it came to absentee ballots. Seems like he went after these activists rather vigorously when they started grabbing political power.
Let's start with the actions of the FBI. Show us the details about their actions. Who ordered the FBI to do what?

Specifics and links.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:02 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,085,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
You have an incredibly warped sense of the world.
Consider me a barometer of the genuine disdain most Americans have for Leftists. There's no turning back!

Old 02-08-2017, 05:04 PM

7,801 posts, read 10,075,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Which party controls more offices in the nation?
Get back to me in 20 years. You will be singing a different tune.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Get back to me in 20 years. You will be singing a different tune.
I'm talking about this last election and the next one.

Political favoritism ebbs and flows. Right now, the tide is rising the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies