Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 01:57 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times

Advertisements

-spew hateful stuff
-people respond
-call the left hateful, while ignoring initial statements

the right: the musical

Old 02-08-2017, 02:47 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Bwahahahahahahahahah.

The minister that said god damn America?

Bwahahahahahahahahah

There is no comparison to the Photoshoped images posted here and the violence in the peaceful protests today.

None.
I dare ya to watch the whole sermon.

We did. Twice. Our bunch of mostly old white women agreed with the minister. Of course, one was old enough to have witnessed lynchings. We were all old enough to remember Jim Crow. Several drank from colored water foundations as children, thinking rainbow colored water would come out. I still have my poll tax receipt.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
-spew hateful stuff
-people respond
-call the left hateful, while ignoring initial statements

the right: the musical
It's like the liberals I'm dealing with right now that refuse to accept facts in regards to Jeff Sessions.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:17 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,973,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Yep. There seems to be plenty of older folks talking s*** here on this board from both sides of the isle. I guess when your old, fat, and sloppy with with no stamina a message board is all you got left to talk trash about the other side of the isle.

What 'isle' is that? Hawaii? If it is the supermarket aisle you mean, why didn't you say that?

Speaking of Hawaii, what the heck is wrong with anyone asking for further proof of birthplace, etc. The documents produced were obviously doctored. The reason the whole thing was dropped though was not because Obama actually was born there or even probably 'then', but because he probably was born in the US - just to probably a different father than he stated he was and whose name he took. There is a LOT we still don't know about Obama so kiddies, your desire to see Trump's tax stuff, etc. is going about as far as we got asking for Obama's real background, etc. We know a heck of a lot more about Trump than we ever did about Obama anyway. You are just being arbitrary.

The real issue with the stuff that is going on is that the purpose of it is to send a message to the world that the US is completely screwed up and on the verge of civil war. That is what all the media is putting out and if spies are around and they come here to this forum they might well think it can be confirmed. The problem with that really is that the world is a different place than it was even 8 years ago (and Obama helped to make it that way) .. we have MANY more enemies now than we used to - although most of them belong to a single very large group of people who hate us anyway. Give them the idea that we are a mess right now and they just may decide it is time to strike and strike big at us - in very violent ways.

If they do that, the people to blame for it are not Trump and his administration or those who support him but Soros (who is trying to make this happen believe me - the man is evil but none of you will even talk about him and how you support his intent and actions) and the liberals who are his pawns .. for letting the enemies think that this is a good time to strike.

You really need to calm down, folks. You are putting not just us in danger (and it seems you don't mind that) but you are also putting yourselves in grave danger! Wake up.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:21 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scend57 View Post
.... of a new president as with Trump. For claiming to be "peaceful" and "tolerant", Liberals and leftists sure don't seem to actually PRACTICE what they preach - so many leftists out committing acts of violence, vandalism, property damage, smashing car windows, setting things on fire, hate crimes, etc in just under 3 months

I was speaking with my dad the other day (old-timer pushing 70) and he says he's NEVER seen anything anywhere CLOSE to this election and new president in his whole life. He says he's never seen anything like it, and he's been witness to many presidential elections over the years.

Leftists and liberals: the man hasn't even "officially" been in office for THREE weeks!

Jeez guys

If I recall correctly

Clinton election(s) - peace and "just another year"
Bush election(s) - peace and "just another year"
Obama election(s) - peace and "just another year"
Trump election - over 12k death threat Tweets against him, leftists protesting, rioting, burning things, committing assault/violence, smashing windows, property damage, etc

What animals

America is watching your "protests" liberals, and I'm sure most of them don't approve of your feral conduct. Have you no shame?
Apparently you don't remember when George W Bush was booed at Obama's inauguration, that was one of the most classless acts I have ever seen. Or when W's 1st inauguration had people pelting his limo with eggs.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:36 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,635,093 times
President Trump is an ass who has an hyper-inflated ego and only cares about himself, $$$, and his billionaire friends. He is very much pro-business and very anti-consumer.

When he was elected, I was telling others to "give him a chance" to "see how he can change America". His cabinet picks, loud obnoxious mouth and actions thus far have rendered him to lose every ounce of respect I and many others potentially had for him.

When you're the leader of the world's most powerful nation, you should have more balls and take criticism and learn from it. Trump just spews nonsense on Twitter and to the media without any thought process. He's an immature child who has no real understanding of the world or politics.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
And I've never seen so much hatred and disrespect from the man in the oval office to the people he serves ever in my life (or our country's history).

Maybe more people would give him respect if he gave more people respect? You reap what you sow.

I'll respect him the minute he shows more class and respect towards others, stops lying and obfuscating so frequently, actually puts in the time and effort to be educated about his position, and shows that he is willing to compromise with the desires of the majority of the American people.

The President is supposed to be above all this nonsense, but he continually shows he's just a big petulant whinny baby (i.e. giant snowflake who needs his alternative facts safe space).
Also to the people who work for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTexasGuy View Post
Criticism and perhaps hatred of a president is not unprecedented. Obama had plenty of critics and people that despised him for what he stood for. Same with Bush and Clinton and so on. However, I do not recall the level of protest/riots that have occurred and the overwhelming attention the media gives the people that do these things. From airport protests to UC Berkley to Hollywood celebrities and congressional representatives stirring the pot by calling for impeachment, not even 2 weeks in! So I believe that yes, this is far and beyond like nothing we have ever seen and the biggest display of disrespect in American history; at least by a few knuckleheads don't know when to stop.
Where on earth were you for eight years, especially the first 2-3?
Keep protesting. Photo - Here's how America peacefully responded to Obama's 2008 election | Revelist
Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters | TheHill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68zIx9D3igc
Tens of Thousands Protest Obama Initiatives at Capitol
Anti-Obama

Good Grief!

Old 02-08-2017, 03:52 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
No one wants a train wreck. Even if you'd rather have a different engine driver. We're all on the same train, ending up at the same destination. Even if some wish they were going to a different town.

Rather, I truly do not think he is capable of operating the train. That he has an intended destination with some nice stuff does not help.
I have seen nothing to indicate that Trump is actually operating the train. He's signing XO's he hasn't read and doesn't understand.

Bush wasn't running things, Cheney was.

I don't know who was running the joint with Reagan, but it damn sure wasn't Reagan. I don't care what you say, that man was not hitting on all cylinders.

Bannon and Putin are likely in cahoots. Who knows? But it isn't Trump at the controls.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:57 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Perhaps you were not really paying attention over the last 9 years.

Obama was attacked from the moment he started to campaign. Trump jumped on that bandwagon of lies and hate and built his political credentials on those very lies.

To say otherwise is to simple deny reality. Any simple search will find to be not only true but will show I have grossly understated vile nature of Trump's , GOP , Alt Right , Tea Party attacks on Obama.

You can look forward to 2 years of non stop hassling and lawsuits. We will use LAW and ORDER to defeat the right and frankly your guys are so corrupt it will not even be hard.

2 years , you are on notice. (like that means anything at all)
Did you vote for Obama?

Old 02-08-2017, 04:04 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post

You really need to calm down, folks. You are putting not just us in danger (and it seems you don't mind that) but you are also putting yourselves in grave danger! Wake up.
sorry but nobody is going to take your argument seriously with statements like the above.

You provided no proof at all that Obama's birth docs are out of order, nothing at all. None. Your side spent a fortune trying to find something anything to back up your extraordinary claims. nada. nothing at all.

Years , millions spent , records searched, people bullied, lies told and you came up with nothing.

Now Einstein says.... ""Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.""

yet here you are making the same arguments that have been completely defeated and were patently false or "fake news" ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies