Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 04:51 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Politically correct gaga. "Dont hurt my feelings", "Should a president say that?" "Treat people with respect". "Dont offend anyone"

Thats the major divide. Conservatives are spending their time trying to really fix issues while we had 8 years of the exact opposite before that.

Ive spent the last hour listening to Wolf Blitzer and every question is, "Should a president be saying that?"

Lets get to work and FIX the country for once shall we??? Thats the important thing isn't it? Not what one person says that may offend someone. For *** sakes. We're all adults here. Not in 6th grade anymore.

Jeesh we finally got a guy into office trying to IMPROVE the situation, domestic and foreign, and all the liberals are whining about is, "Should a president be saying that?"

Wow, dude.

I really really wish you were correct. I really do.

I used to vote big R every time.

It is difficult to even know where to start, your post is so general and clearly avoids telling us how the GOP is helping our economy.

What exactly do you believe Trump is doing? What rules changes has he suggested that will benefit our economy and why? I really mean this and would love some insight as to what you see his core plan is or how he can achieve it.

When I look at Trump and his team I see people who will do very nicely and will likely profit very much. I see a few big egos who's ideas don't stand up.

Navarro is Trump's "big thinker" economically speaking and to be fair Navarro is not a fool, but his ideology is mostly just anti trade at this stage. His focus moved too far and now centers on economic war and actual war with China. He suffers from tunnel vision, and lost his credibility some time ago. But I stil say his early work was very strong .

Bannon, is just a real life racist version of the Joker, in that he wishes to see the world burn.

Rex is great for Oil but offers absolutely nothing else. His CV is that of back room deal maker. And that cedes the moral high ground from where we have dictated terms for decades.

In short, Trump stood on a platform of Promises and fear, so far he has offered us ZERO solutions or even possible solutions. Trump has yet to reveal any sort of plan for anything .

Where is the beef? I ask you in all honesty all frankness, WHERE is the BEEF!

Old 02-08-2017, 04:52 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
Politically correct gaga. "Dont hurt my feelings", "Should a president say that?" "Treat people with respect". "Dont offend anyone"

Thats the major divide. Conservatives are spending their time trying to really fix issues while we had 8 years of the exact opposite before that.

Ive spent the last hour listening to Wolf Blitzer and every question is, "Should a president be saying that?"

Lets get to work and FIX the country for once shall we??? Thats the important thing isn't it? Not what one person says that may offend someone. For *** sakes. We're all adults here. Not in 6th grade anymore.

Jeesh we finally got a guy into office trying to IMPROVE the situation, domestic and foreign, and all the liberals are whining about is, "Should a president be saying that?"
What happens when I think he's going to make things worse AND the Democratic party is a superficial party? Am I left or right?

The answer (since I rarely ask a question on this forum without knowing the answer ahead of time) is the concept of a "left/right" dichotomy is bull**** and people who believe it are either stupid, liars, or victims of a system that has made them stupid (meaning they're capable of being intelligent). There is no "left" and "right." There are no sides. Liberalism is an umbrella term, when used properly, is the main viewpoint expressed in American politics. The Republians party is liberal, not conservative. It has some conservative elements.

Bernie Sanders campaigned on the issues. Occasionally he bought into interest politics. He probably has some campaign strategist begging him to do it. And rather you see it or not, he probably cared a helluva lot more about you or me than Trump does. Trump just used rhetoric. He's a demagogue. Meanwhile, Clinton was prancing around swing states telling everyone how pro-them they were. Doesn't matter who the "them" was; she was going to support neoliberal economics, just like every other Republican (that was not a typo; the difference between the parties in meaningless -- Sanders was really the only candidate who stuck out as different in any meaningful way).

You're right. The Democrats lost because they became a boutique party of false outrage. All talk; nothing else. Trump, however, is really nothing more than a surrogate for the GOP. They're just using him to get what they want, and if the other Republicans were so corrupt that they went with the orange guy with no experience governing, then surely the current situation isn't a good thing.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:54 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Trump is an adult. All the liberal foot stomping/protesting in the world cannot change that fact.

Facts and logic > liberal emotion.
Adults don't act like petulant children when things don't go their way or when someone says something "mean" about them. Nor do adults create false stories/alternative facts to make themselves feel better about their world (what snowflake...looking for his safe space).

Speaking of facts, it'd be cool if Trump would stop lying and/or obfuscating so much: Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

What an embarrassing track record right there.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:55 PM

29,805 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Adults don't act like petulant children when things don't go their way or when someone says something "mean" about them. Or create false stories/alternative facts to make themselves feel better (what snowflake...looking for his safe space).
Really? Have you met every adult on Earth? I think not.

You may not like the guy, but it doesn't take away from the FACT that he is an adult.

I'm glad I could be of some help in sorting out this confusion for you perpetually confused libs.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:00 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Really? Have you met every adult on Earth? I think not.

You may not like the guy, but it doesn't take away from the FACT that he is an adult.

I'm glad I could be of some help in sorting out this confusion for you perpetually confused libs.
Confused libs? You think this is about political affiliation?

In case you don't understand the implication - of course he's LITERALLY an adult. He doesn't act like one, though.

Less time acting like 6 year old calling people that "wronged you" or said something "mean" to you or a family member...

More time actually doing the job that he was elected to do. Is that really such a big thing to ask here? I mean, this is an incredibly low bar I'm setting here.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:25 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Quote:

Trump wants to revive obsolete coal, he wants to **** away billions on a wall that won't do anything, and he's wasting his time trying to ban people from countries who have not once sent terrorists to the USA, claiming that a 2-year waiting period isn't "extreme vetting". Meanwhile, he's taking vacations every weekend and tweeting to help his daughter's clothing line.

I care about the issues and Trump is failing on all of them.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:05 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Trump wants to revive obsolete coal, he wants to **** away billions on a wall that won't do anything, and he's wasting his time trying to ban people from countries who have not once sent terrorists to the USA, claiming that a 2-year waiting period isn't "extreme vetting". Meanwhile, he's taking vacations every weekend and tweeting to help his daughter's clothing line.

I care about the issues and Trump is failing on all of them.
Seriously Trump is thinking in the past on the economy. I don't think he's ever once mentioned automation (someone tell me if I'm wrong).

Old 02-08-2017, 07:25 PM

29,805 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Seriously Trump is thinking in the past on the economy. I don't think he's ever once mentioned automation (someone tell me if I'm wrong).
Why would he need to mention automation? He's no longer running a business. He's running a country. He ran his campaign on promises of bringing jobs back home, and that's what his supporters will come to expect. Otherwise, they won't be so supportive down the road.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:30 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Trump's age is not the issue at all. His maturity and self-control and judgment and intelligence and patience and willingness to listen to opposing opinions without taking personal offense and not be driven by the need to get even and take vengeance are the issues. Among others.

Since you used "like" as you did above, I would guess that you are rather youthful. I am not. Nor is Trump, who is around my own age. The vast majority of my peers do not behave as does Trump. They exhibit self-control, for starters. This has nothing to do with politics - it is about character and maturity, which unfortunately does not always coincide with the number of years an individual has been on this earth.

You may view things quite differently after the passage of a few more years.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:34 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,609 times
Quote:
Why would he need to mention automation? He's no longer running a business. He's running a country. He ran his campaign on promises of bringing jobs back home, and that's what his supporters will come to expect. Otherwise, they won't be so supportive down the road.
Automation is a big reason why we don't have as many jobs that don't require a high school education anymore. Automation is a huge reason why his campaign rhetoric of bringing back huge amount of factory jobs to this country is impossible. By not mentioning it, he's ignoring the elephant in the room and giving people false hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies