Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Will The Appeals Court Do?
Votes to Reinstate the Executive Order 37 29.84%
Votes to Continue the Stay by the Seattle Court 77 62.10%
Votes to Restrict New Visitors Only 7 5.65%
Votes to Send the Stay Back to Seattle 3 2.42%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:05 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, it was not a travel ban, the visa waiver for those 7 countries was suspended, residents of those countries with a valid visa were allowed entry into the US.
Uh huh... aliens were not allowed to enter the US after traveling abroad to those 7 countries.

How is anyone unaware that a visa/visa waivers do not guarantee entry to the US?

There's this thing called "borders." And according to Federal Law, POTUS has the authority to "suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

Suspend.

Impose entry restrictions.

All aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants.

If you don't like it, work with Congress to change the law. /shrug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 05:06 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
You assume your opinions are facts both about the issue and about me. For both they are not.

You got the memo.

Do your job. Stand up for someone.

I do my job .I assume nothing I base my opinions on facts,real facts not"alternative ones".I know who to stand up for and who to stand up to.People with a back bone usually don't have trouble with that and don't jump on the band wagon.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:15 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I do my job .I assume nothing I base my opinions on facts,real facts not"alternative ones".I know who to stand up for and who to stand up to.People with a back bone usually don't have trouble with that and don't jump on the band wagon.
Well you should know that you are incorrect in your assumptions about me and about the issue here.

It's not the constitution as the 9th could not see that if it hit them in the face. POTUS has the ability to stop immigration from anywhere he deems it is a threat to the citizens.

What's at stake here is your mind. Your ability to rationally think about this issue. Ever had anyone tell you that were dead wrong about something?

Let me be the first if not.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:21 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Well you should know that you are incorrect in your assumptions about me and about the issue here.
I would fully agree with you if I was assuming anything but I am not as was stated before my opinions are based on real facts and not "alternative facts" that you and other Trump supporters go by.I will also ask you to please stick to the original post it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:32 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
[QUOTE you and other Trump supporters[/quote]

uh huh. no assumptions there....

Old 02-11-2017, 07:45 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Find the LAW and read it! There is NO provision in there for any review of any kind!
Here it is for your information and edification:

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

The above is an excerpt from 8 United States Code 1182, the law that the EO was based on. Can you see any provision for a review by any bureaucracy? I can't. I do not think it is there!

Come to think of it, one would think the Court would be aware that the United States is not and never has been a Democracy of any kind. It is a Constitutional Representative Republic. The Representatives of the People passed that law as written, and a former President signed it into law many years ago. No court has seen fit to question it until now.
I wonder why?
How Trumpesque of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by so-called President tweet
The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!
Not how it works. If you or he don't like being subjected to the law of the land, there are options, besides tweeting & whining & other drama queenery. Deal with it.

Reminds of the bright idea of removing the ethic review committee, that went over so well.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:20 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
" If you or he don't like being subjected to the law of the land, there are options,..."

BUT, this IS the "LAW OF THE LAND":

"(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

The President's power to issue a proclamation to suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens for such period as he deems necessary can not be questioned. It IS there in the LAW!

Deal with it!

Old 02-11-2017, 09:24 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Trump can technically just ignore what the courts have ordered, and call them fake judges thereby rendering any decisions they have made as invalid.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:30 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k81689 View Post
That is OK. You are not required to understand. My posting is intended for the people who understand and take advantage of WA AG's scheme to advance their agenda which WA AG is so afraid of.

Or you have some agenda you want to fight, just pass my posting to some other people in your group and hope someone can figure it out.

For example, You are pro life group.
Go through thousands of thousands of Obama executive orders and find something that has anything to do with abortion.

Now go find that judge and ask him to use with same ruling/logic to ban abortion Obama executive order. BAN!! you get an Abortion BAN.
BUT this is only execute order. Twist a little bit one should be able to get State Right against Federal Government. Use you imagination.

Next, because State suffer "Irreparable harm" is won over President Constitution given Power.
So because State suffer "Irreparable harm" of abortion right vs Supreme Court judgement.(weaker than Constitution given Power)
So because State suffer "Irreparable harm" of gay marriage vs Supreme Court judgement.(weaker than Constitution given Power)
This wouldn't work because the binding authority is in favor of abortion.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:13 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Uh huh... aliens were not allowed to enter the US after traveling abroad to those 7 countries.

How is anyone unaware that a visa/visa waivers do not guarantee entry to the US?

There's this thing called "borders." And according to Federal Law, POTUS has the authority to "suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

Suspend.

Impose entry restrictions.

All aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants.

If you don't like it, work with Congress to change the law. /shrug
The "one world" types don't like the idea of borders and want to equalize the U.S. to the rest of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies