Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 11:04 AM

54,493 posts, read 33,835,309 times

Advertisements

There are other petty crimes that are committed by illegals in Arizona, and I'm sure throughout the United States as well, but you don't hear about them, only those who are affected by such crimes have to suffer the consequences for the poor immigration policies we've seen. I admire President Trump for taking a tough stand on illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 11:06 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,312,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Give me a break. Felony or misdemeanor or little white lie. She broke the FREAKING LAW!!!! If I break the law there is a consequence. What about the word ILLEGAL can you not possibly understand???

How daft can some folks be? (and yes...that is a rhetorical question no need to prove it).......
We should never have allowed a huge population of illegal aliens to establish themselves in the US. But we did. Connivance by government and business was widespread. So to suddenly decide that now they should all disappear is irrational. We should fix the problem and not allow it to occur again.

It is not clear that anything done by this woman was in fact illegal and it is almost certain not a felony. We do not generally deport people of long US presence for violations. We can but don't.

Daft is the belief that there is a possibility of actually deporting the illegal population.

NY Times Editorial this morning...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/o...ed-anyway.html

Last edited by lvmensch; 02-10-2017 at 11:17 AM..

Old 02-10-2017, 11:23 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,494,154 times
If you've lived in the U.S. 10-20 years and still haven't saw fit to get legal then I think you're even MORE worthy of a one-way trip back home. I'm all for legal immigration. Get legal or go home. Period.

That NYT opinion piece is pure crap. The author conveniently leaves out her criminal background in an effort to induce tears at the thought of an innocent little woman randomly plucked from her family and deported. Phhhht.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
If you've lived in the U.S. 10-20 years and still haven't saw fit to get legal then I think you're even MORE worthy of a one-way trip back home. I'm all for legal immigration. Get legal or go home. Period.
I would expect that after the 2008 guilty plea there is no way she could ever have gotten a green card.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:34 AM

206 posts, read 154,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
We should never have allowed a huge population of illegal aliens to establish themselves in the US. But we did. Connivance by government and business was widespread. So to suddenly decide that now they should all disappear is irrational. We should fix the problem and not allow it to occur again.

It is not clear that anything done by this woman was in fact illegal and it is almost certain not a felony. We do not generally deport people of long US presence for violations. We can but don't.

Daft is the belief that there is a possibility of actually deporting the illegal population.
So we should excuse all of Obama's mistakes?

Immigration was EXAGERRATED.

I remember a few years ago when I started college, I began to meet people. Man was I surprised to find out how huge the illegal population was. I'm Hispanic, so naturally these people got comfortable with me. They would earn my trust, and tell me that they didn't have papers. I was like "whaaat. How did they get accepted into the university? I thought they needed a social security number". I don't know how that works. But there were many, many of them. They majored in everything. From premed biology to electrical engineering. Everything.

There were a few who were respectable, they wanted to be capitalist and make it in America. I'm fine with that, if they get their papers straight and pay taxes like the rest of us. But others just talked smack about our country. Or they would brag about how great and much more fun their home state In Mexico was. All I had to say was "look in a map, we're in California, not Sinaloa, or Michoacán, this is my home, born and raised, as far as I know, i'm nothing but an American".

And that's just at a state college in California, in the Los Angeles area. So you get the picture.

I'm "Hispanic", but I voted for Trump. Why? I graduated with a degree in the STEM field. ALL companies abuse the worker visa program. Even small companies with less than 40 employees. These people come in, and they bring their racist attitudes with them. Also, illegal Hispanics make us, legal, hard working Hispanics look bad. I don't care how brown my skin is. I was born and raised in California, and I am an American. For you California secessionist out there, get over it, Hillary lost.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:45 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,602,356 times
Quote:
The name and the ss number do not align. The IRS is more than clever enough to note this. And if it is a small sum on the W2 they are going to do absolutely nothing about it. Such things happen by the millions...not a big deal.

The standard definition of ID theft involves purloining both the number and the name. As far as I know simply using a made up SS number is not a crime in most states. I doubt this lady was actually guilty of anything other than wanting to get out of jail.

And you would expect the police to verify that there was not a connection between the number owner and the illegal user. Simply again points out the charge was a trumped up one with no real basis.
Do you not understand it's the SS number that is the issue? The IRS is looking at the SS number when they flag someone for unreported income.

Quote:

How do people function without at least a little basic knowledge of how taxes work??? When you are employed the first thing you have to fill out is a W-4. Do they just sign it and hope for the best?????
Quote:
You are making every excuse possible for this woman's criminal behavior. It doesn't matter if the IRS didn't catch her. It doesn't matter that SS didn't catch her. She committed a crime. Plain and simple. And if you can't admit that, than you are as big a part of the problem as she is.
Amazing isn't it? Do these people not file taxes?

Quote:
Anyone who actually thinks about it would realize it is actually very unlikely she committed a felony. That many can't simply testifies to their bias.

Deporting illegals is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. But after 16 years and two American citizen children? She should be a very low priority. After we get rid of 8 or 9 million less deserving than her turn might fairly come up.

Given however that the 8 or 9 million are never likely to be deported she probably should have been left alone.
Maybe this analogy will help you.

And I am not condoning drunk driving.

Say someone has one too many drinks and they really shouldn't be driving. But they do it anyway.

a) they run a red light and go over the speed limit

b) they do the speed limit and obey all traffic laws

Which do you think is going to get more attention? If you chose a) than you're correct.

So once again, she drew more attention to herself when she already knew she was doing something illegal in the first place.

That's why she ended up in this situation.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Do you not understand it's the SS number that is the issue? The IRS is looking at the SS number when they flag someone for unreported income.

Amazing isn't it? Do these people not file taxes?

Maybe this analogy will help you.

And I am not condoning drunk driving.

Say someone has one too many drinks and they really shouldn't be driving. But they do it anyway.

a) they run a red light and go over the speed limit

b) they do the speed limit and obey all traffic laws

Which do you think is going to get more attention? If you chose a) than you're correct.

So once again, she drew more attention to herself when she already knew she was doing something illegal in the first place.

That's why she ended up in this situation.
Another nonsense post. Her problem deals with a conviction that was part of one of Arpaios raids. She correctly feared that she might be detained and deported...which was obviously a decision made by ICE before she showed up for her regular session.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:02 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,602,356 times
Quote:
Another nonsense post. Her problem deals with a conviction that was part of one of Arpaios raids. She correctly feared that she might be detained and deported...which was obviously a decision made by ICE before she showed up for her regular session.
LOL...you just contradicted yourself or you're on the thick side.

Had she not used someone else's SS number she wouldn't have drawn attention to herself.

What is so hard to get?

Old 02-10-2017, 01:03 PM

6,724 posts, read 6,457,148 times
This phrase sums it up > There's a new Sheriff in town! so get used to following the Law.

She's already been deported, Adios.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:12 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,324,742 times
Quote:

NY Times Editorial this morning...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/o...ed-anyway.html
How do we fix the problem? Allowing illegals amnesty and changing the entire politics of our country, and shifting more and more power to the left? The Republicans would be committing political suicide to do that, they have been trying to gain minorities votes for 30 years and they never do well.

A place like California used to be a place where democrats and Republicans were both elected , now its pretty much one party rule .What really bothers me is when you see soccer games between the us and mexican national team and way more flags for mexico and mexican flags at these protests. Very little assimilation, seems more like an invasion than immigration and becoming American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies