Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 11:35 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

I think they are helping him to a degree. Mostly by making him look good to those Americans who didn't initially like him or who are on the fence about him.

I think they should chill out on a lot of things - some issues I can understand, but I do think they are doing more harm than good. I don't want Trump around in 2021. I think that liberals harping on everything will make independents and moderate conservatives roll their eyes at liberals and choose Trump again in 2020.

I feel liberals need to just "consent" and let the GOP do what they want to do. They feel many of his initiatives will be a catastrophe (as do I) but instead of b**ching and moaning about every single thing, they need to let him fall on his face and let the country be harmed and then when all is said and done say "I told you so" and put forth a very good candidate in 2020.

FWIW, during GW Bush's tenure as president liberals weren't nearly as vocal. I understand he was not as foreign to them as Trump is but I do feel that the lack of intense protesting and liberal focus ledged against him on every issue caused him and the GOP to do damage to the country. That is the main reason why Obama was elected. Liberals need to step back and let Trump and the GOP repeal ACA IMO. They need to let them decide how to build the wall.

IMO they need to step aside on nearly all of his controversial issues except for the Muslim ban and trying to get him to release his taxes. He and the GOP will do some damage. The public should be able to really feel the damage instead of looking at liberals b**ching and moaning. That will take their attention away from the real things that are happening. Most Americans don't care as deeply about things like liberals do. I'm not a liberal and honestly I don't care if if he repeals ACA because I know that people in general won't like it and it will help him not get re-elected. I dont' care about the wall because I know it is stupid. I don't care about him taking away financial protections or EPA regulations, etc., because I know there will be consequences for those actions. Most Americans don't know about consequences until they happen. I keep telling liberals - let it happen.

It will be sweeter when you can point a finger and say "I told you so."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 11:35 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by steven_h
There's a difference between peaceful protest and the riotous destruction that has been going on. Even if it's caused by paid thugs, it's still a poor reflection on the whole.

Oh brother... the deflection army is out. Just Berkeley huh... that's rich!

THESE foolish responses that fly in the face of facts is exactly why the left got hammered. People are tired of BS, so keep right on BS'ing yourselves into oblivion.
Literally millions of people have turned out to protest. Of those millions, a small handful got out of hand. How about talking about the millions of peaceful American protesters?

Nah, that just doesn't play into your narrative, does it?

Old 02-09-2017, 11:36 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump was elected with 26% of the eligible electorate. A large majority didn't even even bother to go to the polls, but of those that did, more than three million voted for his opponent over Trump. Why not talk about that behavior that turned off more voters than it turned on?

Elections absolutely do have consequences. We are seeing them now. Why is it wrong for the party that won the majority of the votes to point out those consequences, so we don't repeat the same mistake of not showing up in large enough numbers when the next election rolls around?
...and a good majority of the people who voted for Hillary didn't do so because they supported her or endorsed her, it was because they wanted to keep Trump out and voting for her was the only way to do that.

Maybe if the left had a platform other than identity politics, political correctness and defending criminal behavior more voters in middle America would be inclined to vote for them

Maybe if the left and the MSM hadn't considered Hillary the anointed one and told us all to basically shut up and accept it, the election would have had a different outcome.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:38 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
... and blocking ambulances?
can you provide a list of the dead, those who lost their lives due to "blocked "ambulances?

Cause I can't find it. In fact I found a bunch of quotes where people are saying that the police were trying to force violence and were hitting random people in order to create chaos and then immediately pointed the media at the upset crowd...

could we have some fake or grossly over stated news here?

as to ambulances, well i found just one a rightwing rag that exaggerates it "bigly", turns out ..nobody died, and protesters there claimed they too being attacked by police more than anything else...

my concern here is that you portraying yourself as the "voiceofreason" and stated you think the left is wrong to protest so strongly, yet you are grossly overstating a single incident in order to create a false impression of a heartless and dangerous Leftwing.

I suggest you are not being frank with us, and in fact a Trump supporter.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:40 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
You aren't saying that marching around in vagina headdresses is a ridiculous spectacle are you????

Quote:
Literally millions of people have turned out to protest. Of those millions, a small handful got out of hand. How about talking about the millions of peaceful American protesters?

Nah, that just doesn't play into your narrative, does it?
...and the left will get all bent out shape and wear vagina hats by the tens of thousands based on a comment he made on a bus several years ago but they will ignore...

-Protesters blocking ambulances.

-Protesters assaulting and preventing Trump supports from attending rallies and exercising THEIR first amendment rights

-Protesters destroying property and trashing the site of their protest

- They will call Trump on his behavior towards women but ignore the fact that Hillary actively sought to
ruin and silence the victims of her husband Bill Clinton who has done FAR worse than what Trump was
bragging about!

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Continuing to shine a bright light on the things this administration is doing is absolutely good for the country.
For the next two years, Trump and the Republicans own it. They have been chomping at the bit to run things their way, so have it.

Democrats are unlikely to roll over and play dead while they repeal Dodd-Frank, fiduciary requirements, ACA, EPA regulations...

The more Trump and the Republicans call for Democrats to shut up and sit down, the less likely this is to happen.

16,068 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quite the opposite - Trump's behavior is helping the left.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
can you provide a list of the dead, those who lost their lives due to "blocked "ambulances?
So it's fine to block an ambulance so long as nobody loses their life?
Holy S H I T!!

Old 02-09-2017, 11:42 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by steven_h
There's a difference between peaceful protest and the riotous destruction that has been going on. Even if it's caused by paid thugs, it's still a poor reflection on the whole.

Oh brother... the deflection army is out. Just Berkeley huh... that's rich!

THESE foolish responses that fly in the face of facts is exactly why the left got hammered. People are tired of BS, so keep right on BS'ing yourselves into oblivion.
Plenty of deflection all over. I look at news feeds every day. I am not seeing it today any more than years past. I'm old and grew up in the 60s. When we get Watts level riots again you might have a point. Until then all I see is a tempest in a teapot.

I really think some people seem to enjoy seeing a bogeyman behind every doorway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies