Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 05:23 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,320,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And non-racist fans are going to look at those Super Bowl appearances and say 'They were too damn white!" ?

Sounds like 'alternate facts' have invaded sports.
Fallacy argument playboy. "If this then that" mess is silly. Again people here debate like children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

33,507 posts, read 18,046,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTexasGuy View Post
The N.E Patriots are now being considered a racist team mostly in part to Tom Brady's support of Donald Trump as well as the lack of black star players and coaches on the team (according to online media sources). So the players boycotting the traditional visit to white house are being hailed as heroes.

What's next??

Bill Belichick has the NFL’s least diverse coaching staff | ProFootballTalk

Shannon Sharpe: The Patriots should choose to skip White House visit as a team | FOX Sports
Ho hum.. the race card... zzzzzz

34,620 posts, read 21,503,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTexasGuy View Post
The N.E Patriots are now being considered a racist team mostly in part to Tom Brady's support of Donald Trump as well as the lack of black star players and coaches on the team (according to online media sources). So the players boycotting the traditional visit to white house are being hailed as heroes.

What's next??

Bill Belichick has the NFL’s least diverse coaching staff | ProFootballTalk

Shannon Sharpe: The Patriots should choose to skip White House visit as a team | FOX Sports
This is TERRIFIC news.

As sports fans in Boston are told they are racists, some may realize what liberalism is about.

Hmmmm, maybe pick up another seat in the northeast.

Nice.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:26 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,340,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I prefer to root for teams that don't cheat.

I wouldn't say that that the Pats are a racist organization, but their owner, head coach and QB are Trump supporters which means they at least have a high tolerance for racism.
No it doesn't mean that, that's nothing more than continuing the same old tired BS lies Hillary, liberals and their media lapdogs have been spewing for months.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:29 PM

15,049 posts, read 10,026,725 times
Lack of diversity doesn't necessarily mean there are racist motivations.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:33 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,503,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Conservatives....

What will they come up with next.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:33 PM

431 posts, read 255,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Well said, and you are so right

Old 02-09-2017, 05:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,876,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
This is TERRIFIC news.

As sports fans in Boston are told they are racists, some may realize what liberalism is about.

Hmmmm, maybe pick up another seat in the northeast.

Nice.
Boston is a super liberal city, so what point are you trying to make here? You think they're going to all of a sudden vote Republican...? Seriously? Over this?

You need to get out more.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:35 PM

15,049 posts, read 10,026,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Conservatives....

What will they come up with next.
LOL... you not too long ago accused me of being liberal.

[edit] ok... may be my memory doesn't serve me... maybe not you.. but I'm often accused of being liberal... lol. I'm actually fairly moderate and identify as independent. I think conservatives and liberals that post here are equally as nutty.

But common sense.... lack of diversity doesn't mean racism is at play... it simply means lack of diversity.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:43 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,491,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's a very GOOD team! And that's coming from a natural enemy, a lifelong Jets fan.

I don't believe there's a team in the league that would give a rat's patootie if they had green players, orange player, polka-dotted players as long as they felt they had the best available at their respective positions.
Sorry Burdell but this patriot fan hate the Giants a lot more because of the more recent Super Bowl losses especially the first one. Worst part is that I lived in New Jersey not but 10-15 mins drive (without traffic) from Jet/Giants stadium.

As to the patriots. The patriots are not a team. They are a fairly complete system of how to play football (successfully) masquerading as a team. And from what I gathered from my past reading. The patriot system is not very easy to learn compared to other teams. So at the end of the day everyone, no matter what their color, earned their spot by willing to commit to the patriot system of playing football 100%. also it a good Idea not to po Belichick by showing up late for practice. Ask Jonas Gray about that.

I'd like to mention that the patriots have one of the few Jewish player ( Julian Edelman) the NFL. And he is damned good.

We also have ONLY known Cro-Magnon man/caveman in the league. Of course that would be Gronk.

So we've done right be the GEICO cave people. What more do you people want?

Last edited by baystater; 02-09-2017 at 05:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies