Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 06:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
None of this has anything yo do with anything. Thread was asking if the pats were a racist team. I said no, but the makeup of the team would obviously attract a white supremacist. Y'all need to learn to stop lumping yourselves in with racist if you claim not to be one. I didnt call to team racist just poited something out. Most of this forum is pretty childish.
my point was more of, lets stop the racist bullcrap, had you bothered to use some reading comprehension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 06:35 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,199,589 times
This has to be the stupidest thing ever. The Patriots have had star players who happen to be black come and go.
Who cares? except for the people who hate winners that is who and they will say anything to try and smear anyone who does not see eye to eye with them.

I heard this racist accusation on the radio the other day and said no way is Tom Brady racist.

If anyone noticed at the end of the Superbowl Brady was overcome with emotion and knelt down on the field, a member of the Pats staff came over to console him and Brady didn't respond until Legarrette Blount a star running back came over to him and Brady got up and gave him a big hug.
I don't think a racist individual would wrap his arms around a big black guy and embrace him.

The Patriots are a no nonsense team. They only take the best of the best and if you can't cut it then you get cut regardless of your skin tone.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:39 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Boston is a super liberal city, so what point are you trying to make here? You think they're going to all of a sudden vote Republican...? Seriously? Over this?

You need to get out more.
You don't know many die hard sports fans I guess.

You tell a loyal Patriots that his team and him are racists, you'd be surprised.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:14 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
my point was more of, lets stop the racist bullcrap, had you bothered to use some reading comprehension.
you need reading comprehension. my point was pretty clear. As per usual, people started arguing stuff that wasn't said. Basic fallacy stuff that happens all the time here.

"the pats aren't racist but I can see why a white supremacist would cheer for them, but that doesn't mean all their fans are racist"-my point

WHAT PEOPLE RESPOND WITH

"oh so non-racists cheer for the falcons"-not what I said

I broke it down for you.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:14 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You don't know many die hard sports fans I guess.

You tell a loyal Patriots that his team and him are racists, you'd be surprised.
That would change over to vote republican. Most fans would just roll their eyes, call that person, an A-hole, and walk from an obvious idiot. Granted some fans.........well.....the people who would make these racist claims might wake up one morning to find a baseball bat lodged in their front windshield of their car.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:17 PM

431 posts, read 257,152 times
I agree, Tom Brady is not a racist...nothing close to a racist. I hate that term anyway but since he supports a President that is perceived as one, then he and the franchise must be as well by association. This is really much bigger than football.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:20 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
you need reading comprehension. my point was pretty clear. As per usual, people started arguing stuff that wasn't said. Basic fallacy stuff that happens all the time here.

"the pats aren't racist but I can see why a white supremacist would cheer for them, but that doesn't mean all their fans are racist"-my point

WHAT PEOPLE RESPOND WITH

"oh so non-racists cheer for the falcons"-not what I said

I broke it down for you.
Why would White supremacists support at team with a Jewish guy playing a major role in the teams sucess on the field? And it not like it unknown that he is Jewish.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:04 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Why would White supremacists support at team with a Jewish guy playing a major role in the teams sucess on the field? And it not like it unknown that he is Jewish.
the same reason many white supremacists sleep with people they don't like
the same reason sexist men still sleep with women
the same reason Donald Sterling owned a team full of blacks and paid them millions

point:racism lacks logic.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:11 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Brady needs to retire and run for Crazy Warrens Senate seat.

That would be a win-win for us Cowboy fans.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:11 PM

22,444 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I prefer to root for teams that don't cheat.

I wouldn't say that that the Pats are a racist organization, but their owner, head coach and QB are Trump supporters which means they at least have a high tolerance for racism.
Pure, unadultered BS^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies