Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 04:29 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
McCain has been through things that would have made most of us kill ourselves. While Donnie was living it up because his Daddy got him a deferment, McCain was serving our country, over and over again.

You Trumpees have NO room to discuss anything about war or serving America, after voting for someone who can't even remember what foot got him out of the service.

You guys are pathetic.
Hear, hear. They are rank, stinking hypocrites. McCain could have been released early from POW camp, but refused and stayed with his men.

I disagree with a lot when it comes to McCain, but he's a war hero and Trump is a chickensh-t blowhard coward.

If Obama or Clinton had said anything like this about a war hero, the Trump lemmings would be howling for blood, and they know it.

This is because they are rank, stinking hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 04:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
CD is a cess pool of lies, false facts and misinformation about McCain's time as a prisoner. The truth is easily found in books written by men like General Robbie Risner and Admiral Jim Stockdale who were his fellow POW's. One example of false facts and half-truths is the assertion that McCain was charged with treason and given a pardon. He was never formally charged with treason, high-ranking POW's disputed the claim of treason, and ALL POW's were given a blanket pardon by President Nixon. Who was aware of the degree of torture the POW's were subjected to (day after day for years) before giving statements (many of them false) to the enemy.

But....the First Amendment gives people the right to expose their ignorance. It happens on every McCain thread.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:18 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Once again the CD Trumpettes are proving they know diddly squat about McCain's time as a POW.
Quote:
His fellow POW's, including Col Bud Day who was in the Hanoi Hilton with McCain and was awarded the Medal of Honor for his service and bravery, stated McCain served heroically. You get to call him whatever you want. The men who were being tortured and starved for YEARS, were with McCain in prison, and know what McCain endured and supported him for President... have never called him "scum".
Trumpettes, who are better defined as cult followers of the president are using "alternate facts" again. It's like a virus spreading out of control, the way they try to rewrite history.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:21 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
McCain got caught. Gave up information that got other soldiers killed and aircraft destroyed. Was charged with treason. Later pardoned. He loves illegals and is a RINO snake.

McCain is scum
And a turncoat against his own party. Selected Sarah Palin as his running mate? Perfect. In 2004, he came slithering into Colorado trying to scam folks out of a vote and our water. He got neither.

Y'all can just stick a D after his name.

Wonder if he's in George Soros pocket too.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:23 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
His fellow POW's, including Col Bud Day who was in the Hanoi Hilton with McCain and was awarded the Medal of Honor for his service and bravery, stated McCain served heroically. You get to call him whatever you want. The men who were being tortured and starved for YEARS, were with McCain in prison, and know what McCain endured and supported him for President... have never called him "scum".

He may have served heroically. That doesn't excuse his actions since then.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:28 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
McCain is older than the rust on the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor time for him to hang it up.
He's just slightly less than ten years older than Trump. Unlike trump the cowardly fraud and blowhard, McCain has shown bravery and sacrifice and has accomplishments under his belt beyond fleecing rubes out of money by cheating and lying to them, sleeping around on his wives, declaring bankruptcy and tweeting like a whiny child.

Quote:
It's also time for the era of career politicians to end. 2 term limits max, all positions...
This I agree with 100%.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:41 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Post fail. Extreme lack of information.
What did trump do or say against McCain?
what war is trump starting?
"Sen John McCain should not be talking about the success or failure of a mission to the media. Only emboldens the enemy! He's been losing so long he doesn't know how to win anymore, just look at the mess our country is in- bogged down in conflict all over the place. Our hero Ryan died on a winning mission (according to General Mattis), not a "failure". Time for the U.S. to get smart and start winning again!"

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

Old 02-09-2017, 05:43 PM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
I think McCain has revealed himself to be both incredibly reactionary and quite frankly a warmonger.
In my humble opinion, If McCain was a hero, Stockdale was a deity. Look how James Stockdale was treated.
I have no problems some people put McCain on a pedestal. But, seriously?

I've known, seen, had friendship with a lot of war heroes. I don't think one is particularly greater than the other. I give each one of them the exact same respect. I want to puke every single time I see people yapping about SEAL being the most badass, or a POW cannot even be criticized. The real heroes are those who respect other people's opinion.

If Trump is a showman, then what do you call a person (McCain) who took bribes from the S&L industry? McCain is now viewed as having a high level of integrity for a US congressman? okay, to each his/her own.

well, I was born in 1985 and have the highest respect for ALL military veterans. Maybe I don't have any right to criticize him because I am just a girl next door clueless civilian. But now I have my doubts about John McCain. I don't know what he has done over there. To be frank, if a MAN could callously left behind a wife, I would not be so surprised if somebody told me he has thrown his fellow POWs under the bus. The truth is, I DO NOT KNOW AND I HAVE MY DOUBTS.

All these said, How incredibly unfair of John McCain. Only thing he is capable of doing is criticizing others. He knows the VA has had the problem for decades.... and he knows the cause is an institutional failure...Congress, who funds the nation, of which HE is a major part, not to mention a veteran is the root cause. We need to have the American people speak-up and force our representatives to do what we want...help those who have served our nation to the best extent possible. It could begin with everyone being mad at guys like McCain for their unbelievable hypocrisy.

McCain accused the administration of not responding to the VA problems--many of which have been ongoing under McCain's watch for the past few decades.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:43 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Tell me how you'd do under brutal torture.
Probably terribly but that has no bearing on the war hero being wrong on Syria Russia and Mexicans stealing Americans SS numbers and enjoying America.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:44 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
FIVE time draft dodger Donnie Little Hands, has no standing to denigrate ANY veteran, let along a POW.

Shame on him.

And the ironic thing: this a$$wipe will start an unnecessary war in which thousands of the sons and daughters of his supporters will come home in flag-draped caskets. Will those voters regret their votes then??
Why do you call him a "draft dodger.? Did Obama serve in the military? Did Clinton serve in the military? Did YOU serve in the military?

McCain is a scum bag. That he was a POW is completely irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies