Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 02:25 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That very different outcome would be Trump getting 350+ electoral votes instead of only 304.
And win the popular vote as well, I suspect. Those folks in NY and CA that stayed home because their vote never counts anyway would turn out in droves, just to shut the left up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 02:30 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,531 times
Even if Trump steps down, most people will still be dissatisfied.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I doubt Trump will be forced from office by public outcry, I don't think the he really values any opinions other than his own. but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets so angry at learning how much he really doesn't want to do this job if some mystical 'medical issue' surfaces that 'forces' his resignation.
you could be right: Of course we supported him or should we say voted for him and would do it over again, but we are having trouble figuring out what he is all about. Is it just his ego or does he really not want the job, no one really knows but him? The strange thing: for the most part many think he is doing a lot of things right, it is just his way of doing them that are wrong.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:33 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Look what we have so far: a deeply divided public, demonstrations ranging from mostly peaceful rallies and marches to anarchistic mobs, breakdown of civility, starting in the Oval Office, incompetent and unqualified people being placed in the Cabinet and other positions of power, "alternative facts", deliberate doubt being cast upon long established, respected news media while fake news is disseminated from the White House...mindless insults cast onto some of our best allies, cozying up to Vladimir Putin, who is a supreme sociopathic murderer, lack of transparency in financial affairs (where are those tax records??), an obvious inability to distinguish between private profit and public good (how are those sales going again, Ivanka?) and more.
These things you mentioned are just a lot of "noise" that comes with any Presidency, but ultimately it means very little. It's better to tune it out.

The fact of the matter is that the overall mood in America is very much Republican. The silent majority has spoken.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
These things you mentioned are just a lot of "noise" that comes with any Presidency, but ultimately it means very little. It's better to turn it off.

The fact of the matter is that the mood in America is very much Republican. The silent majority has spoken.
You are totally right and if, for some reason he were not to finish his term, we would all be satisfied with Pence. It is a lot better thought than what we would have if Hillary had to step down and we got stuck with Kaine. She could not have picked a worse running mate.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:37 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That means 95 million are not necessarily in the Trump camp. They did not vote to end ACA, Medicare, or Social Security. They did not vote for his wall nor do they necessarily believe that the best government is one run by billionaires. There is no indication that this 95 million believe the president is not bound by the rule of law.
I agree that the 95 million don't want Trump, but they don't want Hillary Clinton either. Any argument made against Trump, can be made against Clinton.

I'm not concerned whether the 95 million are Trump supporters. The question is whether the 95 million would prefer Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump.

The overwhelmingly-majority of the people who didn't vote, hate Hillary Clinton. Do you really think they are going to force a president out of office, something which has never happened before, so that Hillary Clinton can be president?

Get real.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:05 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
For all you young snowflakes and buttercups who have only seen a democratic president in your time. Likewise, for all the same who have not been taught civics any more in class. You have to understand that there is a republican side as well and as the pendulum swings come voting time, it will eventually swing to the "other side". That's how the country works. Your guy (or hag, or whatever you want to call that beast) lost. Deal with it. Millions of us voted for trump because of what he promised to do. And guess what? Unlike many other presidents of the past (republicans and democrats alike) he is actually trying to do the things he promised.

Millions of us want the illegals deported. Millions of us want better checks and vetting for people from other country's and if those other country's happen to be muslim, so be it. WaWaWa. Not everybody in the world has the right to live here. Or even visit.
Millions of us want that wall built. And by wall, I guarantee it will not be a wall, by exact definition, for the full 2000 miles. trump himself has even stated that. I bet the "wall" will be a combination of actual wall, fencing, and patrolled areas in rugged parts where a wall could not be built. Personally, I'd stock the Rio Grande with the largest and most aggressive breed of crocodiles and call that a wall for that part of the border. But I'm not president.

Give the man a chance. I think hes doing great. And BTW, So what if he isn't a so called great orator like you buttercups hero who needs a teleprompter. Trump speaks real. He speaks like me. Like my friends. like evcery one I know who ever opens their mouth. That is real. Not some stupid pandering to preople who don't belong here while ignoring our own problems. Again, give him a chance as he may well be the best pres we've had in a long time. He's at least got balls, unlike the wimpy apologetic dufis that just left!
First of all, I am not young and am neither a snowflake nor a buttercup. Get that straight.

I can remember the 1950s and we do NOT want to return to anything like that. Senator McCarthy and his henchman who called people "communists" when they didn't like them. Blacklisted people and ruined their careers and their lives. Innocent people like Lucille Ball (I Love Lucy), Albert Eistein, Orson Welles, etc. Segregation so bad we needed people like Rosa Parks to finally get people to do anything.

Looks like we're heading backwards in that direction now. You really want to go there? What if they decide to turn on YOU?

But back then at least each political party was pretty good. It was a Republican who started to put a stop to the stupid witch hunts of McCarthyism. And President Eisenhower was a good man who was a Republican. Before that we had Truman and he was a good Democrat.

Back then we had good people, we had choices. This time both were sadly lacking. Trump doesn't know what he is doing and probably wants O-U-T, whether he can admit it or not. Get the illegals out, YES. But be careful with international issues and be careful with things that affect American citizens and LEGAL immigrants--like our health care and our social security, our environment.

So no need for the name calling. And be vigilant or this great country might return to a very evil time in our history that might become a point of no return.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:43 PM

14,680 posts, read 14,641,413 times
He's already taking his second vacation in three weeks. He didn't realize the scale and 24/7 nature of the job, and will look for some reason to quit while saving face.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:49 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
He's already taking his second vacation in three weeks. He didn't realize the scale and 24/7 nature of the job, and will look for some reason to quit while saving face.
Yes, to save face he will make up some excuse--like his adult kids don't enjoy running his companies so they asked him if he would please resign and go back to running the business. Or Melania is upset that he spends so much time in DC and she has been begging him to come home. Family is important. Either excuse would make him look like a good person and he could step down gracefully. He just did not understand what kind of a job it would be. It's not a job where he can do what he wants. He's not cut out for this.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:10 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,324,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Probably true -- but we could sleep at night and not frantically check the news each morning to see if the republic survives and what damage has been done by the amateur so-called president.
The problem is that the elections were rigged from the start, especially by the Dems. A lot of people were left with no choice but to vote for the lesser of two evils. The alternative to the Muslim Ban and the stupid wall was not rainbows and puppies and unicorns; it was a warmonger who would undoubtedly have involved us in even more bull**** in the Middle East. This was en election between having stupid wars and having stupid walls, and the American people were the loser
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies