Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 01:16 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

I'm not going to say it's right. I'm just going to say this. Violence gets people's attention. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 01:32 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Saw this in Los Angeles last night . Protestors blocked a FREEWAY entrance and police did nothing ... why are the police submitting to these nutjobs ?
Freeways are public grounds which the Constitution and First Amendment rights apply period.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:40 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not going to say it's right. I'm just going to say this. Violence gets people's attention. It is what it is.
It's criminal despite what some seem to think. I have heard some of the dumbest people say that this is covered in their First Amendment rights. Seriously, something must be done about educating people in the USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Freeways are public grounds which the Constitution and First Amendment rights apply period.
https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...r_protests.pdf One should always do some research before joining in with a group. Like I said above, I have seen some of the dumbest people interviewed that feel that have a right to protest anyway they wish, most were college students, what a shame.

http://usa.streetsblog.org/2016/07/1...ient-motoring/

Old 02-10-2017, 02:02 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
It's criminal despite what some seem to think. I have heard some of the dumbest people say that this is covered in their First Amendment rights. Seriously, something must be done about educating people in the USA!
I never said it wasn't criminal acts. I just said it gets people's attention.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:09 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
However its blocking commerce and the right of people to travel without incident. Rights goes both ways not to just liberals.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:16 PM

Default Snow Flakes in NY City.

There was a interview of the students that walked out of their NY City Class rooms to Protest. Not only they did not know exactly what they were protesting and did not even the States of Terror.

One young girl said "we should fight without fist" Apparently she did not like guns violence's!

But in the end she was promoting assault and battery!

The Reality this same girl just may be met with overwhelming force to include lethal force.

Watters' World: NYC student walkout edition | On Air Videos | Fox News

video.foxnews.com/v/5317964951001/

Watters' World: NYC student walkout edition. Feb. 09, 2017 - 5:26 - Jesse Watters asks high school ...

Old 02-10-2017, 02:18 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
look at the author of this one:

Quote:
Juan Prieto is an undocumented student, organizer and former layout designer at The Daily Californian.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
There's just one? "the Anarchist"?

Whether knowingly or not, you are making the mistake of conflating Anarchists and Liberals. The two are not the same at all, and it does not add weight to your opinion when they are confused and the terms are used interchangeably.

I am a moderate Democrat, tilting to the left on some but not all current issues. I am certainly not an anarchist, and I am not a violent person, nor do I encourage or support violence, vandalism, property destruction, arson, theft, injuring others, blocking doorways, interfering with others' freedom of speech or movement, etc. I don't even like graffiti. I condemn all of these things.

That said, peaceful rallies are just fine. And they are 99%+ of what we've experienced recently. Like the one I attended on the courthouse square last weekend. About five or six police officers were there, along with around 1,000 other people. The police were being asked to pose for selfies, sign autographs, and were being approached by members of the public just to chat. We have a very fine police chief at present, and some of those attending the rally spoke to the police who were present in order to voice their admiration for our police chief.

There did not seem to be one bit of litter left after the rally dispersed, despite the many signs, many of them homemade.

I'd encourage you to check out your local events - marches, rallies, public meetings, etc. - in person to get a more accurate idea of what's going on, and to get the facts from those who were there in other places. Incidents such as what occurred in Oakland are very rare, condemned by peaceful people from all sides and POVs, and are quite atypical. In fact, because of its rarity, there are those who are questioning if it might not have been a fifth column/false flag incident? Whatever it was, it should not have happened and I hope we do not see such again.
A good example is the riots in Baltimore when Mosley order the Police force back, while there was wide spread violence and destruction of private and city property.

Ferguson, Guardsmen was help back from clearing the streets once the protest turn in to mass looting and assault.

The Level of violence will be met to secure the streets. Plus protect the peace protestors..

Old 02-10-2017, 02:31 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Especially when you're being taken over by a fascist government. Right wingers want to attack liberals, but liberals are the only ones standing up for this country not turning into Nazi Germany. Right wingers embrace the Nazis.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:36 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Especially when you're being taken over by a fascist government. Right wingers want to attack liberals, but liberals are the only ones standing up for this country not turning into Nazi Germany. Right wingers embrace the Nazis.
Right wingers aren't beating people with flag poles and axe handles for the "crime" of listening to someone speak who they disagree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies