Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 11:57 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,631,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Just read your own posts. I'm not going to quote them for you.

They are wrong, just as all posts by Trump's opponents are wrong.

You want me to refute substantive arguments against Trump.

Neither you -- nor anyone else who opposes him -- have made such arguments in this thread.

But, to make sure, I will quickly review this thread.
Boy did you chug the industrial strength kool aid or what?

Or maybe we shouldn't call it Kool Aid. What's more fitting? Hmmm maybe Tang is the right color..

This administration deals in half truths or flat out bs, can't seem to muster a cogent governing method and is already ripe with ethics violations and investigations.

As an American citizen I'm pretty p*sssd off, and I hope that the media stays on this administration like white on rice- pointing out, no BLOWING OUT the bs at every turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 04:14 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Boy did you chug the industrial strength kool aid or what?

Or maybe we shouldn't call it Kool Aid. What's more fitting? Hmmm maybe Tang is the right color..

This administration deals in half truths or flat out bs, can't seem to muster a cogent governing method and is already ripe with ethics violations and investigations.

As an American citizen I'm pretty p*sssd off, and I hope that the media stays on this administration like white on rice- pointing out, no BLOWING OUT the bs at every turn.
Now we are speaking about the Obama Administration!

Old 02-14-2017, 06:12 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly.

It's like arguing science with someone who has a magnetic sign on the fridge -- "The Bible says it, I believe it, and that settles it."

In this case, it's "Fox News, InfoWars, and Breitbart says it, I believe it, and that settles it."

I worked in a state psychiatric hospital and later in community mental health for some years and learned that arguing with people's delusion is pointless. Logic, reasoning, and facts do not enter into a fixed belief system.
You mean a system like liberal ideology? The left swears allegiance to it and does not respond to logic, reasoning and facts presented. I don't hold it against them. The brainwashing runs deep. Kudos to the mainstream press for their unrelenting propaganda. They are capturing some of the population, but not all, as proved by the election of Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
I think the duping happened first, which eventually led to the ovens.

Either way, read the article if you haven't already. Your guy's unfit for office. Article lays out what the rest of us have known since the 80s. Trump is a lying, egotistical narcissistic clown and y'all just made him leader of the free world. It'd be funny if it weren't so terrifying.
Don't be terrified. Breathe. O2 clears the brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Then show us facts that prove that these immigrants were a terrorist threat to us. Because I have shown that they are not. Not a single American has lost their lives to these refugees with the current vetting procedures in place between 1975 and 2015.
You're so wrong in that, as has been pointed out by other posters. That's basically fake news, not opinion. Just look it up before you post, if you want to present facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
No, of course I'm not speaking for anyone but myself and the folks I know personally.

But, let's be honest, flag burning is a lot less damaging to our country than delegitimizing the judicial branch of government, the free press, and legal residents. I'd rather some random folks burn some symbolic cloth than not have independent judges free from political pressure or a free and robust press to keep our elected officials accountable. You prefer tyranny?
There you go again.
Look into it. You will find that some judges are known to lean left, even be notoriously liberal. Same with the press. There is very little "free and robust press" these days unless you are describing the liberal press that runs amuck, free and robust, propagandizing to fit their purposes.

Liberal idealists are so easily led.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:17 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
It seems to be a growing movement:

Bernie Sanders calls Trump a
Bernie who?

Oh, THAT Bernie, the one who is still trying to be relevant after his own party dissed him.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:14 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,567 times
And now Biden's supporters try to defend his every move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies