Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:23 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
What are "people like me?" You mean the majority of people here and abroad? What "people" are these? What's your catch phrase for these new boogeymen of yours?

Oh, I see. So, aside from alienating large portions of the populace with his incessant whining, lies and fraud, there's absolutely nothing of substance he is doing you can point to to support your statement. This is not surprising.

Thank you for proving me right.
I don't need to point to anything he has done or not done.

All I have to point to is the fact that people like you don't like him.

People like you -- who are wrong about everything.

I am simply employing Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 05:30 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I don't need to point to anything he has done or not done.
Of course you'd try that tactic. It means you don't have to A) engage in a thought process, or B) support or defend your baseless, empty claim.

Quote:
All I have to point to is the fact that people like you don't like him.

People like you, who are wrong about everything.
People like me, you mean, who ask direct, honest questions for which you have absolutely no substantive, cogent responses. Tell us, what was I wrong about exactly?

Old 02-11-2017, 05:31 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Agreed. Honestly, if they weren't such @ssholes, I'd feel bad for them.
I do feel bad for them.

Look at their posts on this forum. In lieu of logic, reasoning, and facts, they rely on name calling, boasting, and "misinformation."

How many times have you opened a thread to find the article posted in support of the thread title actually supports the exact opposite? Or posts with links to articles that in no way support the contention of the post. There are clear reading comprehension struggles going on here.

Life has got to be rough for such folks.

To be fair, at least some of those posting appear to have a limited command of English. Judging from the odd grammar, I suspect some are translating their posts from another language.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Of course you'd try that tactic. It means you don't have to A) engage in a thought process, or B) support or defend your baseless, empty claim.

People like me, you mean, who ask direct, honest questions for which you have absolutely no substantive, cogent responses. Tell us, what was I wrong about exactly?
Trump's opponents -- of which you are one -- are wrong about everything.

That is self-evident.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:33 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Quote:
Analogy to what?
That the biggest part of a nation can be duped into believing anything, even when its horribly wrong.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
That the biggest part of a nation can be duped into believing anything, even when its horribly wrong.
That's the same thing as incinerating people in ovens?

Yes, the biggest part of a nation can be duped.

That's how Obama got elected.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:38 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
That's the same thing as incinerating people in ovens?
Analogy: A thing that is significantly comparable to something else.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Analogy: A thing that is significantly comparable to something else.
People being duped is "significantly comparable" to people being incinerated in ovens?

Old 02-11-2017, 05:39 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I do feel bad for them.

Look at their posts on this forum. In lieu of logic, reasoning, and facts, they rely on name calling, boasting, and "misinformation."

How many times have you opened a thread to find the article posted in support of the thread title actually supports the exact opposite? Or posts with links to articles that in no way support the contention of the post. There are clear reading comprehension struggles going on here.

Life has got to be rough for such folks.

To be fair, at least some of those posting appear to have a limited command of English. Judging from the odd grammar, I suspect some are translating their posts from another language.
Excellent points.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:41 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Trying to misdirect and point the finger elsewhere does not excuse Trump. He won. He has to be responsible for his actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies