Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 06:07 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...i agree.

They could do like previous refugees from Europe and spawn children and grandchildren that turn out to be the scourge of this country. Know what i mean? (hint, hint)
Here's a question for you:

When you see a homeless person on the street, do you:

a. Give them a little money, ask if they're ok or need any medical attention, maybe point them in the direction of the nearest shelter?

Or

b. Take them home with you, put them up in one of your kid's bedrooms, give them an allowance and feed them at the dinner table every night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 06:13 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Here's a question for you:

When you see a homeless person on the street, do you:

a. Give them a little money, ask if they're ok or need any medical attention, maybe point them in the direction of the nearest shelter?

Or

b. Take them home with you, put them up in one of your kid's bedrooms, give them an allowance and feed them at the dinner table every night?
While your family is $19 trillion in debt.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:16 PM

14,680 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Refugees, like most immigrants, take advantage of the opportunities afforded here because they know what it's like to have nothing. The people who live for years on welfare and "disability" could take some inspiration from their example.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:35 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I know politicians like Chuck Schumer and DNC etc. want votes but why do regular people like you want refugees?

First of all, this country is $19 trillion in debt. It's not like the refugees are bringing tons of gold to ease our debt or could even pay for their own expenses.

Secondly, I just don't see why we need to uproot the refugees from their own homeland and their culture. Why can't we work out a safe zone in their country? Wouldn't that be easier? And cheaper?

I have worked in a few ME countries and I am familiar with their culture. The vast majority of the people there, even in private conversations, actually believe in their way of life: treat women as properties, overwhelmingly support the execution of LGBT, support Sharia law and honor killing etc. They aren't all jihadists of course and most are nice decent people, but they see our American culture as corrupt and immoral - it's no joke here. If they are the majority in America, we could all be executed for our promiscuity. Yes most Muslim refugees you try to help actually want you dead for your sexual behavior or orientation.

So why do you want refugees?

I get the compassion but I'd suggest you to look at the $19 trillion debt again - we can't afford them even if they were all saints. Wouldn't the money ($60,000 per) be spent on, say, sending our child to college or covering your medical expense?
Because these are human beings who desperately need help. And we don't turn our back on others. Our country used to be compassionate. And that was a part of what made us great. But we have become such a fearful nation which delights Isis because this was their intention. Refugees want jobs. They don't want to be a burden. They want to contribute. You seem to think they have nothing to offer but many are professionals like economists and doctors.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:41 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Because these are human beings who desperately need help. And we don't turn our back on others. Our country used to be compassionate. And that was a part of what made us great. But we have become such a fearful nation which delights Isis because this was their intention. Refugees want jobs. They don't want to be a burden. They want to contribute. You seem to think they have nothing to offer but many are professionals like economists and doctors.
Why do we have to bring them here in order to help them?

Why don't other Muslim majority countries near them take them in?

Don't we have enough Americans who would like those jobs as economists and doctors, etc ?

Economically speaking....we're full.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:41 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Ok. We'll come clean.

We want them for body parts. Organs and whatnot.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:47 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Dude, did you not read the $19 trillion?

Hell the refugees may have nothing, but we are in the negative. If anything, we need the help not them!

Old 02-10-2017, 06:49 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Why do we have to bring them here in order to help them?

Why don't other Muslim majority countries near them take them in?

Don't we have enough Americans who would like those jobs as economists and doctors, etc ?

Economically speaking....we're full.
There are already Muslim countries like Jordan and Turkey that take in far more than us and they did not have one thing to do with their demise but we can't accept 100,000.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:52 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Quote:

A friend of my just asked my this question. Would you as a person open up your home to a complete stranger? Especially a stranger that want's to change your beliefs or kill you.

For me I would not. I would not open up my home to complete stranger. The biggest reason is a matter of trust. Trust is earned and not bestowed. And until someone has earned my trust, I would not open up my home to them.

The same principal applies to the entire country. The entire country is all of our homes. Why would we be letting people in to our country that we can not trust? That is where a better vetting process would come in.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:53 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Quote:
...and our military often creates the conditions for such refugee movements

by destabilizing Iraq
by staying in Afghanistan
by selling advanced weapons to the Saudis and providing them intelligence in Yemen.
by supporting the FSA and other anti-Assad movements
by continuing to stage military operations in Somalia and Libya

and that is just the recent ones.

Why do you think we granted refugee status to so many countries in Central America and also to Cubans ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies