Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 06:55 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ok. We'll come clean.

We want them for body parts. Organs and whatnot.
Nah...too messy and comes with too many iky legal complications.

You just want their ethnic makeup to make conservatives a demographic minority and eventually their votes when you lobby to make them Americans.....or at least keep them here to drop a few anchor babies so you can wail about not separating the parents/kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 06:59 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Nah...too messy and comes with too many iky legal complications.

You just want their ethnic makeup to make conservatives a demographic minority and eventually their votes when you lobby to make them Americans.....or at least keep them here to drop a few anchor babies so you can wail about not separating the parents/kids.
Lol, you don't even know who I am or what I think. You're just shrieking into the air something that you heard somebody else say.

Have another bucket of chicken and ribs, FatBob, and try to think of something of your own to say while you chew.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:00 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are already Muslim countries like Jordan and Turkey that take in far more than us and they did not have one thing to do with their demise but we can't accept 100,000.

How about Iran?

I hear Saudi Arabia is very nice this time of year.....

Read something awhile back about a huge, air conditioned tent city in Saudi Arabia that sits completely empty.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:00 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
They're not white and will require handouts. The 'death to America' stuff is just a bonus for them.
Gee for just a second there I thought you were going to slip up and say "At least they are not white and won't require handouts". Sad

Old 02-10-2017, 07:03 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Why do we have to bring them here in order to help them?

Why don't other Muslim majority countries near them take them in?

Don't we have enough Americans who would like those jobs as economists and doctors, etc ?

Economically speaking....we're full.
No we don't. Why do you think Google, and other companies are so against this ban. They want the expertise that Americans don't have.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:06 PM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
How about Iran?

I hear Saudi Arabia is very nice this time of year.....

Read something awhile back about a huge, air conditioned tent city in Saudi Arabia that sits completely empty.
Moving Sunni's to Shia countries or vice versa?? You know there are different Muslims.

What did Iran have to do with creating this problem, are you going to just build tents in countries and call that a solution.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:07 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No we don't. Why do you think Google, and other companies are so against this ban. They want the expertise that Americans don't have.
I had a CEO client (large company) tell me once " I can import an Indian at half the price I can hire an American kid out of college".

That's why.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:11 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So you've told us. Maybe you could volunteer to save some money by mowing the lawn at Arlington. Trump, in the last ten years, hasn't contributed a dime in federal tax money to take care of that....so I think you should step in and make sure none of the 19 trillion is to fill in for his share. Never mind the BILLIONS of our tax dollars he'll be spending because of his new job. (He's using Air Force one, and all the attendant military aircraft, to jet off to Mar-a-Lago again this weekend. Meanwhile the White House sits empty because he doesn't seem to want to sleep there. Neither does his wife.)
How is it Trump's fault that we have 19 trillion dollars in debt?

Obama added the most to our debt out of all the presidents in history. He even wasted it on his golf trips and social welfare programs but somehow Trump is responsible?

Trump has to fix the mess that Obama left.

Quote:
Meanwhile the White House sits empty because he doesn't seem to want to sleep there. Neither does his wife.)
The White House sat empty while Obama was away on lavish vacations and his golf trips while we the taxpayers have to pay for it.

Quote:
Then you can tell us how to build a "safe space" for people suffering because they have no water.
What about the contaminated water in Flint, Michigan? Idiots in that state can raise millions for a recount (which had a zero chance of changing anything) but when it comes to homelessness, poverty, etc.. no one raises an eyebrow.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So why do you want refugees?

I get the compassion but I'd suggest you to look at the $19 trillion debt again - we can't afford them even if they were all saints. Wouldn't the money ($60,000 per) be spent on, say, sending our child to college or covering your medical expense?
Rather than asking about refugees, you should be asking about immigrants.

Immigrants are needed for jobs - from the very bottom (lettuce picking) to the very top (engineers at google and apple). Immigrants are building our housings and buildings. Economically, they are a net positive to this country.

In terms of both immigrants and refugees - I believe there is a limit of about 100K per year (Trump wants to 1/2 it). That would me it would take 30 years of immigrants to change the country makeup by 1% (birth rates aside)...

I think many multi-generational Americans, white and black, are lazy and unambitious. Sure, they'll got to work in an air conditioned office selling real estate or refi mortgages. But they often won't do the real work in terms of starting companies, working 60+ hours weeks, etc.

Sure, all a generalization - but a lot of truth there.

If we wish to remove the Statue of Liberty and completely revamp - through the Congress - our immigration policies than so be it.

What this liberal doesn't want to do is the historical nightmare of always pointing at "the other" as the sources of all our problems. Our problems.....humanized....probably look like a nice white man sitting in a political office or a lobbying firm. Or, they are in the Pentagon grabbing for as much as possible of a bloated budget sold to the American people through fearmongering.

In other words, I believe in the old America. The only that my ancestors came to and worked hard.....to establish a community and a civilized society. I abhor the whole right wing ideas of "each man is an island" and "each must sink or swim on their own".

We have met the enemy and it is us.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:26 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I know politicians like Chuck Schumer and DNC etc. want votes but why do regular people like you want refugees?

First of all, this country is $19 trillion in debt. It's not like the refugees are bringing tons of gold to ease our debt or could even pay for their own expenses.

Secondly, I just don't see why we need to uproot the refugees from their own homeland and their culture. Why can't we work out a safe zone in their country? Wouldn't that be easier? And cheaper?

I have worked in a few ME countries and I am familiar with their culture. The vast majority of the people there, even in private conversations, actually believe in their way of life: treat women as properties, overwhelmingly support the execution of LGBT, support Sharia law and honor killing etc. They aren't all jihadists of course and most are nice decent people, but they see our American culture as corrupt and immoral - it's no joke here. If they are the majority in America, we could all be executed for our promiscuity. Yes most Muslim refugees you try to help actually want you dead for your sexual behavior or orientation.

So why do you want refugees?

I get the compassion but I'd suggest you to look at the $19 trillion debt again - we can't afford them even if they were all saints. Wouldn't the money ($60,000 per) be spent on, say, sending our child to college or covering your medical expense?
For Christ's Sake, have you ever personally MET a Syrian refugee? I have. These people are shattered. Their families are scattered, everything they knew - gone. They have lived through intense terror, not knowing if their children will live another day. They don't care about how women are treated or whether the U.S. is a friend or foe. They care about their children's survival and the Dream of a life where they are not in fear. No, they don't bring skills or resources to the U.S. and perhaps they will be a drain on taxpayers in the short run. It's about humanity. Trying to save some people from unimaginable terror. It is not their fault that they are the pawns in a senseless war. They are human beings. Their children have the exact same needs as your children. Why is it so hard for people to understand that , as a people, we have an obligation to offer help to those who suffer? Are we, as a nation so concerned about our own well being that we fail to acknowledge we are all people of god???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies