Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 02:31 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Trump is obviously narcissistic just like most successful business people. It is critical that we have a confident and strong leader and Trump has proven that he will be a confident and strong leader. I really don't care about his personal traits and psychological profiles, who cares since he will meet the needs of our country.
I just have to say, a confident and strong leader would not lash out at a retailer that dumps his daughter's brand. Nor would he act like a lap dog to another authoritarian leader, like Putin.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:18 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Do we truly need more employees our tax dollars pay for? Trimming the agencies that duplicate efforts will result in a loss of jobs, but with the activity in the private sector, the unemployed will have a chance to compete for those newly created jobs.

I'd much rather have successful businessmen in positions of power than some political hack that has been feeding at the public trough for years.
Then why did Trump pick Pence?

Try saying that when you are trying to get through to Social Security or call someone with a question about your taxes...
The Republicans did all they could to cut budgets for Federal agencies like the ones that inspect food processing plants or the national parks' service.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:12 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times
Oh come on, he's doing more American stances than even Reagan. I backed Reagan, & Trump had me worried, but the choice was to vote OUT the libs & so he won. Then folks claiming they were gonna leave the USA are still here -- & bitching he won. Ha, they recounted votes & Hillary lost by even more. So get over it & embrace it as its a respite as in 4 yrs, here we go again, & the US will eventually become Venezuela -- if the dems get back in power. Enough said.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:41 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
And, yet, he became President of the United States. Nice rip job, though. LOL!

Not atypical for someone with this diagnoses, trump is in way over his head. He sold out to the "religious right" and now he must pay this unpopular, vocal and demographically dying minority back, although he lives about the most worldly lifestyle of any president ever.

Trump is emotionally fragile and exceedingly thin skinned. He has the LOWEST APPROVAL RATING of ny modern president at this point in his presidency, and his desperation to be well liked is pathetic.

While he argues with a department store and "Saturday Night Live" he is decompesting (losing it) before our eyes.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:42 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX Star View Post
I'm no fan of Trumpy but as a psych professional I have to admit he seems fairly well adjusted and balanced from a psychiatric standpoint.

Sure he has an ego, but this goes with the territory of being a very wealthy business man and a successful Politician. If anything, he may have NPD, but if so he is still very highly functioning and that diagnosis has not seemed to interfere with his lifestyle and productivity, as it does with many others who have it.

I doubt Trump is on any psychotropic medications, either. I do however, have a personally idea, albeit one with zero proof, that he is an occasional cocaine user. I place this DX only on certain mannerism I have seen him exhibit during speeches and debates. I have also worked with many abusers of that drug for several years.
I agree about the cocaine usage. He sniffs like a druggie.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:00 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Not atypical for someone with this diagnoses, trump is in way over his head. He sold out to the "religious right" and now he must pay this unpopular, vocal and demographically dying minority back, although he lives about the most worldly lifestyle of any president ever.

Trump is emotionally fragile and exceedingly thin skinned. He has the LOWEST APPROVAL RATING of ny modern president at this point in his presidency, and his desperation to be well liked is pathetic.

While he argues with a department store and "Saturday Night Live" he is decompesting (losing it) before our eyes.
Just remember this summer before the election that psychologists were cautioned by their professional organization NOT to write about Trump...
American Psychiatric Association explains why it won't psychoanalyse *'unhinged' Donald Trump | The Independent

There are plenty of other stories about making doctors aware of the overall rule that speculating about mental disorders in specific individuals is not professional...
But unfortunately with Trump just put up a check list of narcicissistic personality disorder and see how many qualities he obviously exhibits...
And other ones -- like the inability to see and relate to truth from fact...

Sen Franken says that off the record there are many Republican senators who ARE concerned about Trump's mental situation...
They just don't have the guts to persue the truth...

Old 02-13-2017, 09:05 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,846 times
I am not a professional but I lean toward Bi-Polar basing this on observations of a family member so diagnosed compared to Trump.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:30 AM

838 posts, read 1,119,905 times
And I would remind everyone that, the vicious phenomenon of Adolf Hitler aside, the barbarism which turned Europe into a slaughterhouse for half of the Twentieth Century was a collective action -- and many of those who rant loud and long against Trump tend to look the other way at the actions of Lenin and Stalin.

A little more food for thought?[/quote]

I wasn't born yet when these men were around! So how could I have ranted against them?

Old 02-13-2017, 09:51 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,976,381 times
Yawn...

Old 02-13-2017, 09:55 AM

1,187 posts, read 2,394,296 times
He's a freakin' mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies