Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 10:45 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
^^The liberal alternate universe on full display
Oh no, alternate facts was created by kellieann. And now you are just repeating it lol Too funny

Old 02-10-2017, 11:16 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
What promise has he fulfilled?

The Muslim ban got ruled out. The construction of the fence has yet taken place.

It has been 3 weeks and is already proven to be a failed administration.
Yeah...an entire 3 weeks.

What did Obama accomplish in his first 3 weeks?

12 rounds of golf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
LOL even Rudy said it was a muslim ban. But ok, so any other religion from those countries would be allowed entry into our country or not. This is what is confusing. So maybe you can explain it to me.
Why is this confusing?

Muslims are the ones who have a jihad going on.

Muslims are the ones who flew planes in to the twin towers.

Muslims are the Boston "refugee" bombers.

Muslims were behind the "drive a truck" in to a crowd on Bastille Day.

Muslims strap suicide vests on kids.

Muslims were behind Bataclan....

Do you NOT see the trend?

Why not deal with REALITY and call a spade a spade? It's not the Greek Orthodox who have terrorized/are terrorizing the world.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:23 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Yeah...an entire 3 weeks.

What did Obama accomplish in his first 3 weeks?

12 rounds of golf?

Why is this confusing?

Muslims are the ones who have a jihad going on.

Muslims are the ones who flew planes in to the twin towers.

Muslims are the Boston "refugee" bombers.

Muslims were behind the "drive a truck" in to a crowd on Bastille Day.

Muslims strap suicide vests on kids.

Muslims were behind Bataclan....

Do you NOT see the trend?

Why not deal with REALITY and call a spade a spade? It's not the Greek Orthodox who have terrorized/are terrorizing the world.
The poster I was replying to said it wasn't a muslim ban and I argued that point. Thanks for backing me up

Old 02-11-2017, 12:20 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The poster I was replying to said it wasn't a muslim ban and I argued that point. Thanks for backing me up
You didn't argue & I didn't back you up.

You were confused.

This is YOU:

Quote:
LOL even Rudy said it was a muslim ban. But ok, so any other religion from those countries would be allowed entry into our country or not. This is what is confusing. So maybe you can explain it to me.

Did Trump's EO allow Christian or Jewish refugees in? Was is based on religion or countries?

Perhaps I misinterpreted your uninformed and true "confusion" for liberal rhetoric. I apologize for seeing snark, on your part, when it was only lack of education.

So let me help you:

It's not a ban on a specific religion, while it should be, it's a ban on certain countries due to the fact that those countries are unstable & are inundated with radical believers of the worst that the Muslim/Islam religion has to offer.

Obama, Clinton, Carter... did the same while they were in office.

Hope this helps!

/eyeroll

Last edited by Informed Info; 02-11-2017 at 01:03 AM..

Old 02-11-2017, 12:22 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Just reading it I know I couldn't follow it even if I'd seen it.
That was the point of the sketch! The reporter looks completely baffled.

It was very well done. Exaggerated, of course.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:01 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,895,279 times
Not surprised you provide links from two biased conservative publications.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:39 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Making people whine about him 24/7 is good enough for now.
It is a telling sign just how often some variant of this defense is used to justify Trump's actions.

"Well, liberals hate him, so he must be doing the right thing."

"Uh, he's hurting liberals, so I like him."

"I don't care what he's doing, so long as he's making liberals heads explode."

There's so much wrong with this mindset it's not funny.

First of all, "hurting others" is not a valid strategy of governance. Seriously, check your history - that type of crap never works in the long run and literally cannot get a nation's act together and accomplish anything.

Second, the right's sweeping characterization of "liberals" has really gotten out of hand. Aside from the usual nonsense of how "liberals want to destroy America" we've now reached the point where anyone who disagrees with Trump (even after backing that up with facts) is just dismissed as a "liberal." Again, study history. We shouldn't be mindlessly goose-stepping along with Trump, obeying his every whim - that is grossly un-American. And we should be putting facts ahead of "alternate facts," and the facts say that Trump is a terrible choice for president and is doing a lousy job.

Finally, I find the irony of malice as a reason to vote for somebody vs. the right-wingers endless whining about being portrayed as hate-filled thugs that lack empathy rather humorous. If the best you can do to defend the Sleazebag in Chief is brag about how much "he's hurting people you don't like," than you know what? Maybe those hate-filled stereotypes of right-wing extremists are accurate.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Meh, new EO forthcoming that will get around the ninth circus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies