Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 12:27 PM

4,903 posts, read 4,189,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Good for these businesses....regardless of whether they dropped items because of their lack of appeal or because the retailer fears lost sales from sane customers. It's a win for democracy. The fact that our fat-a$$ed Emperor Has No Clothes, is becoming more and more apparent. Well, other than to the trumpholes who fell for his crap and voted for the Idiot.
They should have stayed out of politics. While dropping Trump products will go big in the cities it will hurt them in the Red areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 12:34 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,026,170 times
Sears, Kmart Are Latest Retailers Reportedly to Drop Trump Merchandise

In a related development, TG & Y Stores, Inc., Mervyn's, Inc., and Best Products, Inc., announced that they will no longer carry any Trump merchandise, either. So there.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:08 PM

2,949 posts, read 2,886,107 times
Just popcorn at this point.

All these Lefties scrambling and organizing these weak "got ya" BS boycotts.

Trump is worth a BILLION dollars. Trump is 70 years old. Let me say this real slow for all you educated Lefties that apparently aren't quick enough to realize the "punch you in the face" obvious...

I...don't...think...he...cares...

Honestly....he...could...less, much less, infinitely less, hope it fails less...

If I was worth a BILLION dollars AND president of the United States, how much GAF do you think I would have concerning anyone buying my Kmart ties???

Old 02-11-2017, 01:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,498,517 times
It's a no win situation for any retailer to carry stuff sold by a high ranking politician.

Kind of sad a high ranking politician would seek to put a US retailer in this position.

Even sadder that a POTUS who campaigned on " Make America Great, Again" would continue to sell retail products made everywhere and anywhere other than USA, USA, USA.

Will Trump respond on Twitter?

Will Don Jr pile on and tell the women of America to cut up their Sear's C/C as he did about Nordstoms?

Will FLOTUS pile on and encourage people to boycott Sear's/ Kmart as she did Nordstrom?

Will Kellyanne ignore federal law and give an infomercial for Trump brand products as she did for the Ivanka brand?

Old 02-11-2017, 01:33 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,788,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
They should have stayed out of politics. While dropping Trump products will go big in the cities it will hurt them in the Red areas.
Unlikely, because most of the people who voted for Trump don't buy his suits or ties. His line, like Ivanka's is too expensive. His line, like Ivanka's is also not made in the USA for the most part.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:34 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,102,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They sold Trump products. Stores die when they try to sell products no one wants.
They do, indeed.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:35 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,102,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post

Trump is worth a BILLION dollars. Trump is 70 years old. Let me say this real slow for all you educated Lefties that apparently aren't quick enough to realize the "punch you in the face" obvious...

Honestly....he...could...less, much less, infinitely less, hope it fails less...

If I was worth a BILLION dollars AND president of the United States, how much GAF do you think I would have concerning anyone buying my Kmart ties???
So, he has showed you his financials, then? Do tell.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:38 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,210,364 times
I refuse to shop anywhere that makes political statements against our President and his family. Nor will I patronize any store that opposes the "travel ban." That tells me that they aren't interested in American security.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:38 PM

113 posts, read 56,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Good for these businesses....regardless of whether they dropped items because of their lack of appeal or because the retailer fears lost sales from sane customers. It's a win for democracy. The fact that our fat-a$$ed Emperor Has No Clothes, is becoming more and more apparent. Well, other than to the trumpholes who fell for his crap and voted for the Idiot.
I did not care for either candidate, Trump is untested and Hillary came with so much baggage and owes so many favors to her "controllers" and donors. She is a tool for their needs and desires...nothing else. D.C. Is owned by lobbyist.

I am already sick and tired of all the political statements by the Hollywood elite, sports figures and others with a hidden agenda...who may actually be hired and "paid" by those whose ideologies they espouse.

Hired to divide and conquer, and to use race bait, gender bait, religion and cultural bait to get people fighting amoungst each other. Wise up...no one has your best interests at heart. Get real ,use your God given intelligence and see the game being played.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,498,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post

His and Melania's tweets suggest he does care when a retailer drops Trump Org products.

It's a no win for any retailer to carry product bearing the name of POTUS, any POTUS.

There's something a tad off about a POTUS who chooses not to comprehend this.

There's also something off about campaigning on a promise to " Make America Great Again" while hawking made elsewhere retail products.

If Trump really did not care, he would have pulled the product in November and moved on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies