Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 01:41 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Just popcorn at this point.

Trump is worth a BILLION dollars. Trump is 70 years old. Let me say this real slow for all you educated Lefties that apparently aren't quick enough to realize the "punch you in the face" obvious...
How do you know what he is worth? He has not released his tax returns which would show us his worth. Note he may be a billion dollars or more in debt which may be why he is scrambling to make money for all his companies using the US Presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 01:42 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
I didn't realize there were still any Kmart stores in existence.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:23 PM

11,775 posts, read 5,789,903 times
'Neither Sears nor Kmart carried the Trump Home products in their retail stores, a Sears Holdings Corp spokesman said.' If they dont carry it then why even mention it? Online maybe? Big deal, that stuff is usually drop-shipped from a third party.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:02 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,400,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Just popcorn at this point.

All these Lefties scrambling and organizing these weak "got ya" BS boycotts.

Trump is worth a BILLION dollars. Trump is 70 years old. Let me say this real slow for all you educated Lefties that apparently aren't quick enough to realize the "punch you in the face" obvious...

I...don't...think...he...cares...

Honestly....he...could...less, much less, infinitely less, hope it fails less...

If I was worth a BILLION dollars AND president of the United States, how much GAF do you think I would have concerning anyone buying my Kmart ties???
Here it is for you slow loons of the right , the WHOLE Trump family cares , don't you doubt that.

Had they really cared about MAGA though they would have moved
production to american companies a long time ago. They didn't care and
Trump is now expecting american companies to do as he says
not as he does.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:06 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
KMart is not going to sell in store Ivanka Trump items. The more expensive items are sold on line only. I believe "Grab Your Wallets" are making up some of their actual affects on some stores to get headlines.

"Grab our wallets" is a power play and very stupid . Many people will see how they try to manipulate and bully stores to do what the left wants. It shows immature and irrational behavior for power.

They are killing the democratic party with their push for this " resist" movement of a bunch of powerless unhinged people who lost. They should just keep the stores out of politics.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I didn't realize there were still any Kmart stores in existence.
Actually K Mart sells better casual clothing items than Walmart. All K Marts in my area , 3 are all closing now.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They sold Trump products. Stores die when they try to sell products no one wants.
Have you ever bought Walmarts garbage? they are the worst.. and also Macy's is turning to crap. JC Penney is getting some decent stuff . One has to look at how it is made, the material, some things are just boxed and the same in all stores.

Home Depot sells below grade. If you buy a John Deere Mower , it is not the same quality as a John Deere from their John Deere dealership.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Of course, Ivanka's clothing is made in China, so it is a problem for those who want US made clothing. Trump's own line of clothing is also not made in the US. How about they bring back these jobs first before they go after other manufacturers.

It is selling on eBay at bargain prices though. Maybe her prices were simply too high for most of us.

The Donald's line has been dropped from Macy's as well.

Why we dropped Trump's menswear line: Macy's CEO
When Bill Clinton pushed through NAFTA, this opened the door for all those factories to go elsewhere. No factories are here to make clothing.

Years ago we had quality clothing in the 50's and 60's and even the 70's. But when the factories moved out the material got cheap and the items did not last.

People dressed much better back then. Today one has to spend big money to get any kind of quality unless you have a trained eye for material and how it is made.

I do a crunch test to see if it wrinkles easily. I look at seams and stitching if I am buying something that I am paying more money for.

Some of the patterns I see , most people wouldn't wear it to a dog show.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:29 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,400,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
When Bill Clinton pushed through NAFTA, this opened the door for all those factories to go elsewhere. No factories are here to make clothing.

Years ago we had quality clothing in the 50's and 60's and even the 70's. But when the factories moved out the material got cheap and the items did not last.

People dressed much better back then. Today one has to spend big money to get any kind of quality unless you have a trained eye for material and how it is made.

I do a crunch test to see if it wrinkles easily. I look at seams and stitching if I am buying something that I am paying more money for.

Some of the patterns I see , most people wouldn't wear it to a dog show.
As someone with long ties to the textile industry , I can tell you there
are indeed still places left in the US to get things made.
Trump and Ivanka were just looking at their bottom line , not to make
America great again.
The family certainly claims to have billions so why not encourage our
economy?
As fans of Trump do you guys ever ask yourselves this question;
Why didn't Trump lead by example all these years?

And we get it Tara , you sure do know quality!

Old 02-11-2017, 03:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's a no win situation for any retailer to carry stuff sold by a high ranking politician.

Kind of sad a high ranking politician would seek to put a US retailer in this position.

Even sadder that a POTUS who campaigned on " Make America Great, Again" would continue to sell retail products made everywhere and anywhere other than USA, USA, USA.

Will Trump respond on Twitter?

Will Don Jr pile on and tell the women of America to cut up their Sear's C/C as he did about Nordstoms?

Will FLOTUS pile on and encourage people to boycott Sear's/ Kmart as she did Nordstrom?

Will Kellyanne ignore federal law and give an infomercial for Trump brand products as she did for the Ivanka brand?
Totally agree; it's lose/lose because either way the store could cheese off half their customer base.

And especially THIS POTUS who will not hesitate to publicly demand they stock his stuff or his daughter's stuff and use the WH staff to chime in.

Too much baggage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies