Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 08:13 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,447,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I am probably the last, loyal Kmart and Sears shopper and go out of my way to do so. I like KMart's casual clothing very much and buy consistently with the season.

Sears, Kmart Are Latest Retailers Reportedly to Drop Trump Merchandise | Fox News Insider

The list of retailers severing ties with merchandise relating to the Trump family continues to grow, according to a Business Insider report.
The report says there are no longer any traces of the Trump Home line on the websites of Sears and Kmart.
Searches for Trump Home items yielded no results, except from third-party sellers, according to the report....snipped....

edited to add: I may get some blowback on KMART & SEARS, for gosh sakes.......! LOL. It's okay.
At this rate, the "so-called" President will have to renege on his $1 salary. Oh well, nothing new because he changes his mind often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 08:21 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,615,351 times
Quote:
I am probably the last, loyal Kmart and Sears shopper and go out of my way to do so. I like KMart's casual clothing very much and buy consistently with the season.

Sears, Kmart Are Latest Retailers Reportedly to Drop Trump Merchandise | Fox News Insider

The list of retailers severing ties with merchandise relating to the Trump family continues to grow, according to a Business Insider report.
The report says there are no longer any traces of the Trump Home line on the websites of Sears and Kmart.
Searches for Trump Home items yielded no results, except from third-party sellers, according to the report....snipped....

edited to add: I may get some blowback on KMART & SEARS, for gosh sakes.......! LOL. It's okay.
I wouldn't be worried about these two chains as they are on life support and soon will be disconnected. RIP

Trump and his family are such a strong family and even though they get very unfairly bashed, there are many like my friends and I who will support them and even will start looking where and how to show more support.

We will not cut up our Nordstrom credit card as it will hurt our credit score and we're not stupid. We just will not use it as much or not at all!

It is not much of a loss as we already couldn't find much of our likings latterly at the store and never saw the Ivanka like in the local store other than online.
We noticed that most employees don't even wear the clothes from the store but from other chains in the mall.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:49 PM

7,058 posts, read 8,890,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

"Neither Kmart nor Sears had ever carried Trump Home in their physical stores."
I worked at a K-Mart in the area for 2 years until my store closed last August, never had Trump anything but there was a lot of things you could buy online that came from third party suppliers.
Quote:
Of course we all knew KMart was owned by Sears, to the poster who didn't know.
Actually, K-Mart owns Sears, crazy Eddie (Lampert) bought Sears after buying K-Mart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Actually K Mart sells better casual clothing items than Walmart.
That was the one thing we did right, our store always had nice clothing items and way better X-mas items than Wal-Mart.

Margins on clothing were a lot higher than they were on TVs or motor oil.

Offering higher quality seasonal items during the busiest shopping season of the year drove our sales to 40% of the year's volume, the free layaway did not hurt either.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:29 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,923,093 times
We no longer have a K-Mart, and I haven't been in the Sears store in a couple of years, so I don't really care what they do or do not carry.
The only thing I have bought from Sears for a long time was Craftsman tools, and Ace Hardware has them now. That saves me about 10 miles on a round trip!

Old 02-11-2017, 09:33 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,599,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Sears, Kmart Are Latest Retailers Reportedly to Drop Trump Merchandise

In a related development, TG & Y Stores, Inc., Mervyn's, Inc., and Best Products, Inc., announced that they will no longer carry any Trump merchandise, either. So there.
Sarcasm, right......? I thought TG&Y died 100 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Just popcorn at this point.

All these Lefties scrambling and organizing these weak "got ya" BS boycotts.

Trump is worth a BILLION dollars. Trump is 70 years old. Let me say this real slow for all you educated Lefties that apparently aren't quick enough to realize the "punch you in the face" obvious...

I...don't...think...he...cares...

Honestly....he...could...less, much less, infinitely less, hope it fails less...

If I was worth a BILLION dollars AND president of the United States, how much GAF do you think I would have concerning anyone buying my Kmart ties???
Actually, I think he does care but I really loved your post. Good writing, very descriptive, a word picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I refuse to shop anywhere that makes political statements against our President and his family. Nor will I patronize any store that opposes the "travel ban." That tells me that they aren't interested in American security.
An amen here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I didn't realize there were still any Kmart stores in existence.
Waldo Kitty, you must try and keep up......lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
'Neither Sears nor Kmart carried the Trump Home products in their retail stores, a Sears Holdings Corp spokesman said.' If they dont carry it then why even mention it? Online maybe? Big deal, that stuff is usually drop-shipped from a third party.
That is what I heard. I hate what the left is doing and spewing. Ugly.

Quote:
Actually K Mart sells better casual clothing items than Walmart. All K Marts in my area , 3 are all closing now.
What a shame. I think my 15 mile away one will close. I don't know what I will do about summer blouses and shorts.....<s> I'm serious. I buy every color they have in a style and sometimes 2 different sizes as I am at an in-between weight and it fluctuates. Some Thom McCan shoes the same way.

Quote:
Have you ever bought Walmarts garbage? they are the worst.. and also Macy's is turning to crap. JC Penney is getting some decent stuff . One has to look at how it is made, the material, some things are just boxed and the same in all stores. This I know and I could have now, and have in the past, written this line. My mother was a seamstress and worked in a dry goods store back in the 1950's. She knew fabric and quality wear.

Home Depot sells below grade. If you buy a John Deere Mower , it is not the same quality as a John Deere from their John Deere dealership.
Now, I may differ here. I buy some Home Depot and have been happy with quality. I do know I won't buy a lawn mower at WalMart....LOL. I only buy Honda lawnmowers and I did buy one at Home Depot and was happy with the unit for many years.

Quote:
When Bill Clinton pushed through NAFTA, this opened the door for all those factories to go elsewhere. No factories are here to make clothing.

Years ago we had quality clothing in the 50's and 60's and even the 70's. But when the factories moved out the material got cheap and the items did not last.

People dressed much better back then. Today one has to spend big money to get any kind of quality unless you have a trained eye for material and how it is made.

I do a crunch test to see if it wrinkles easily. I look at seams and stitching if I am buying something that I am paying more money for.

Some of the patterns I see , most people wouldn't wear it to a dog show.
Everything you say here, I have written in the past. You sure you aren't me under another nic.....? lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
As someone with long ties to the textile industry , I can tell you there
are indeed still places left in the US to get things made.
Trump and Ivanka were just looking at their bottom line , not to make
America great again.
The family certainly claims to have billions so why not encourage our
economy?
As fans of Trump do you guys ever ask yourselves this question;
Why didn't Trump lead by example all these years?

And we get it Tara , you sure do know quality!
As someone whose oldest daughter worked in outside sales, selling industrial ball bearings, power transmissions, etc. and sold to many textile mills re their machinery. She was at the plant on the day they shipped the rollers, looms, etc to Brazil from the Springs manufacturing plant in NC or SC, I can't remember. The machinery was in rooms the size of football fields and she said she knew she was watching the end of an era. It really shook her. Springs was privately owned and tried to hold out to manufacture here in the US, they were the last to go. Even with a WM contract, with the way WM paid their vendors, (90 days out, if you were lucky) they couldn't make it. She dealt with the head buyer and VP's in the company as her stuff was major purchases. so she knew where of she spoke.

Quote:
Yes I do , I worked in a clothing factory in my teen years in the summers and I do know about quality fabrics and even buttons , button holes, stitching. I saw quality garments being shipped from NJ to the garment districts in NYC. It was quality clothing made back in the 60's for Johnathan Logan.

And the garment districts and factories are ALL gone. The big garment district is gone in NYC as well. There are no more factories opened to make clothing. If there is they are few and far in between. Nafta killed that industry . I do know what I am talking about. Before they were shipped they had to go through a vigorous inspection before shipped.
I had many Johnathan Logan outfits or dresses. It was an excellent brand.

My mother would turn the garment inside out in the dressing room and look at the stitching in the seams, if it hung properly, etc and yes, the scrunch test......lol. I miss her. When she passed at 91 in 2002, she still had stacks of old fabrics that she loved. And, you couldn't buy them anymore because they were not made anymore. Beautiful stuff. Sometimes, she would take them out, lay them on the bed and we would refold them and talk about the different pieces. It was a pleasure. I have quilts made out of the skirt tails of dresses she made me and the fabrics are just as pretty as when they were made in the early '50's, really pretty Dan River cottons. Sorry to wax nostalgic.....quality counted back then.

Good thread, though sad.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:36 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,599,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
...snipped......

That was the one thing we did right, our store always had nice clothing items and way better X-mas items than Wal-Mart.

Margins on clothing were a lot higher than they were on TVs or motor oil.

Offering higher quality seasonal items during the busiest shopping season of the year drove our sales to 40% of the year's volume, the free layaway did not hurt either.
They are still doing it right. And, I always said KMart had the best holiday displays in the area, bar none. I guess we are a dying breed.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:38 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,174,958 times
K-Mart? What's that?

Old 02-11-2017, 10:03 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,096,916 times
Quote:

These two dinosaurs have been dying out for years. This will do them in

Old 02-12-2017, 02:06 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,750,624 times
Thumbs up *

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA
The list of retailers severing ties with merchandise relating to the Trump family continues to grow....
Excellent,the more the merrier!!!

Thank you for this thread Annie!

Old 02-12-2017, 06:16 AM

58,666 posts, read 26,998,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They sold Trump products. Stores die when they try to sell products no one wants.
"They sold Trump products."

They did NOT

"Neither Kmart nor Sears had ever carried Trump Home in their physical stores."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...t-sears-report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies