Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 12:15 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You'd be surprised.

I scroll by many movies on TV that I know the actors in. I usually windup on GRIT TV, watching a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood movie.
I agree. Once I start getting preached to by an actor, my interest in anything they do diminishes. They are not relevant to my happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 12:16 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"blue ray movies"? Welcome to our era, time traveler from the past.
Seriously!

Who in the hell watches blu ray anymore??

Old 02-12-2017, 12:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
"Successful." With a half-dozen bankruptcies under hs belt and a lengthy career in fraud, contract-breech, scams and cons. Yes, we should be proud.

How many times have you put it all on the line and took a risk, it may fail?

This all depends, do the failures out weigh the success....
Everyone in business for themselves has failed.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:20 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Yeah, it was either him or hillary.
What, you didn't get a say in the primaries? That's sad.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:20 PM

130,170 posts, read 12,088,000 times
i don't give a rats ass about any celeb opinions, I make up my own mind.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:21 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
OP, you aren't the harbinger of what's or who's current, and relevant. I could be wrong, but I think you are the one who started a thread about declining DVD sales being a result of people turning from Hollywood--instead of, you know, the overwhelming popularity of streaming services.

You certainly don't have your pulse on what's popular.

Ms. Meryl Streep will be just fine.

Ah, I was right!

Sony, has approx. 1 Billion dollar loss due to less demand for DVD's and Blue Ray!

OP, just stop before you further embarrass yourself.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:24 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
"Successful." With a half-dozen bankruptcies under hs belt and a lengthy career in fraud, contract-breech, scams and cons. Yes, we should be proud.
My guess is you have never run over 500 businesses yourself. Some things go well and some things don't. Is everyone 100% satisfied on both sides, doubt it. Lawsuits happen for various reasons. So do bankruptcies.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:25 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Kinda like walking into a Dunkin Donuts and stating that you love donuts. You're not gonna get much intelligent opposition.

Morons dressing up in costumes and playing like they're someone else is not noteworthy or deserving of respect. Anyone can do it. Memorizing lines isn't that hard.

For them, or anyone, to think they have direct political knowledge exceeding that of any well read American is just silly. They are totally consumed with their own sense of self importance.

When someone doesn't know the intent of the word "poor" and thinks it relates only to wealth and doesn't include "pitiful", any words they spew are lacking in intelligent content.

lolol. I haven't heard of a single one of those flops.

Edit: I have heard of The Iron Lady, but I didn't see it. The last thing I want to see is a liberal's take on Mrs. Thatcher.
Actually, The Iron Lady was a really good movie. She did a wonderful job. And I think it was a pretty sympathetic portrayal.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:26 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I watch whatever movie I'm interested in, regardless of the actor.
What, someone let an adult in the thread?

Perhaps it's because I was exposed to artists at an early age that I learned to separate artists from their work. It really has to be an exceptional moral failing on somebody's part for me to avoid their artistic output. If the Israelis can play Wagner, I can enjoy Adam Baldwin in "Firefly" even though he's a complete RWNJ.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:33 PM

31,026 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Yeah, it was either him or hillary. Perhaps if the demostupidcrats had put forth a decent candidate I would have voted for him...her...it.
Actually, his tv show(s) had nothing to do with my vote. I didn't even consider them.
Hillary was the only candidate as we found out. Bernie was doomed by the DNC before he put his hat in the ring. The Dems doubling down on their drive to the far left will assure us of losing more Dem seats in the House, Senate and state offices going forward.

Sam Harris Answers Why TRUMP Won - Nailed It
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA_AxTzBBvI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies