Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2017, 09:55 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Back in the day, yes. National Review published intelligent analysis at one time, too.
Hell, even Limbaugh used to be funny before the drugs fried his brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 11:16 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Please!

SNL is a satirical show. It pokes fun at whomever is in the White House.

And Trump's personality is a gift to them.

It's funny. Enjoy it.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:23 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Any criticism of trump is too far for him and his cowardly, hypocritical chickensh-t lemmings.
I haven't seen a single criticism or mockery of Obama on SNL. Is it fair for Trump to get so much? Nope. But they are free to run the skits. Had Hillary won, SNL's ratings would sink with no more materials to run.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:39 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Back in the day, yes. National Review published intelligent analysis at one time, too.
You should like them now. They're strong Never Trumpers.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:49 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You should like them now. They're strong Never Trumpers.
We should be so lucky so as to have right-wingers with principles in the media, but alas. They've realized what side of the bread is buttered.

Sample headlines from today: "Washington is out to get Steve Bannon" and "The paranoid style of anti-Trump politics".

One could power the Eastern Seaboard with a spool of copper wire, a few magnets, and the casket of William F. Buckley.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:54 AM

21,124 posts, read 19,707,707 times
You could do what I do...

Don't Watch It!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2017, 12:12 PM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
We should be so lucky so as to have right-wingers with principles in the media, but alas. They've realized what side of the bread is buttered.

Sample headlines from today: "Washington is out to get Steve Bannon" and "The paranoid style of anti-Trump politics".

One could power the Eastern Seaboard with a spool of copper wire, a few magnets, and the casket of William F. Buckley.
Okay I just spit out my coffee, lol.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:43 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I find it fairly funny - for now. Everything gets old at some point, though. I'd love to see them poke fun at Pelosi, Waters, etc, but... their show.

They made fun of Elizabeth Warren during the nightly news skit - Kate McKinnon played Warren, too.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:52 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
They made fun of Elizabeth Warren during the nightly news skit - Kate McKinnon played Warren, too.
They also made fun of the pro immigrant commercials in the Super Bowl

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=imUigBNF-TE

Old 02-13-2017, 12:56 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Last nights SNL had Alec Baldwin hosting so I tuned in expecting to see him trashing on Trump as usual but instead Melissa Maccarthy opened the show with her stupid Sean Spicer mocking. I have a sense of humour and a bit of it was funny but it went on and on to the point where it was just bashing the Trump administration as nothing but a bunch of buffoons.
The worse came in what SNL calls a digital short since it is filmed off set. It had Kate Mckinnon who I think is usually very talented and funny playing her rendition of Kellyanne Conway in a send up to the "Fatal Attraction" movie.
In the sketch, Conway is played as a deranged woman stalking the CNN anchor Jake Tapper. She breaks into his apartment and waits for him to get home. She then throws a fit and throws a knife at him once and holds one to his throat twice until he agrees to put her on his show again.

So much for promoting positive feminism.

It was so sick, stupid and not at all funny. I couldn't believe what I was watching and it went on and on.

See 'Kellyanne Conway' Go Full 'Fatal Attraction' on 'SNL' - Rolling Stone

I turned off the show after that. We all know that SNL has been struggling with trying to be funny for years now but with sketches like this that border on R rated violence it is not at all funny and sinks to a new level of sickness.

Are they that obsessed with Trump that they are willing to turn their show into one big anti Trump political statement? Have they moved that far Left?

I think they have gone way to far with their Trump bashing.

DONT WATCH IT- if it hurt your little feelings simple-- - watch cartoons instead-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies