Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 09:35 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
WTF do you expect we labeled them karma is a b*tch
This comment is the result of a social construct. In contrast, Christ would say to love your enemies. Why have people abandoned Christ?

Mankind has shown it is incapable of ruling itself without further guidance. Ergodicity suggests that no government we create will last. While our system of checks and balances is an amazing construct, it doesn't have the capability to constrain the bad parts of human nature. Only through faith and perseverance and the belief of consequences can we truly hold ourselves accountable, for there are those that are above mankind's law.

I know of no other way to guide society better than the words of Christ. If anyone else has any other insight on how we can conduct ourselves more humanely and righteously than what was suggested by Christ, please let me know. You see, what separates Christ from anyone else is that what he did is certainly within our capabilities, but only one not of this earth truly has the willpower to live as he spoke up until the day that he died, loving his enemies until the very end.

Can we not love our enemies so that we may not have anymore enemies? We have to turn the system around and concentrate on what we truly need, not what we want. We all want what is unsustainable because we have seen what we can have, but that is not the way to societal preservation. Societal preservation requires laws, but it also requires enough sovereignty so that others with undue influence may not interfere with what a society is trying to accomplish, so long as the goal is sustainability along with peace and harmony.

If the US wants to move forward, we have to reconsider what the American dream is. The American dream is not a huge McMansion and the latest electronic application. The American dream is teaching people to be healthy, mobile, active, and happy, while tending to those who are incapable of experiencing life, as perhaps life was meant to be experienced. Why do we go in the direction of disparity when we could instead move in the direction of prosperity?

It is up to us and this new generation to determine what is truly valuable, but we have got to learn to RESPECT one another for we are all brothers and sisters of this earth. We do not have to hate one another for how we look or even how we perceive the cultural aspects associated with those by how they look. Please, REASSESS what is important and look to love one another. Look to move forward together in harmony.

I know talk is cheap, but we got to start somewhere.

Last edited by Jobster; 02-14-2017 at 09:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 09:37 AM

274 posts, read 120,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
This comment is the result of a social construct. In contrast, Christ would say to love your enemies. Why have people abandoned Christ?
Because christ is apart of religion Life is a b*tch :/

Old 02-14-2017, 09:37 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Black Lives Matter co-founder appears to label white people

Tolerant liberals in action again folks!

The fallacy of composition is when an individual infers that something is true of the whole because it is true of part of the whole. In economics, this reasoning often leads to incorrect conclusions. For example, if you stand up at the baseball game, you can see better.

A fallacy of division

when one reasons logically that something true for the whole must also be true of all or some of its parts. An example: The 2nd grade in Jefferson elementary eats a lot of ice cream.

You presented one persons opinion from one person, from one chapter and from one city. To me, trying to paint the whole organization by the actions of the few is fallacious. Any intelligent person presenting a fallacious argument is doing so to deceive or their bias is constipating their intelligence.

I don't know much about BLM....honestly....but I am sure there are all kinds of people who claim affiliation with the idea, movement or group. You can cherry pick individual quotes.....but that is not demonstration of what is true for the whole.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:46 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Soo... some liberals are nut jobs.

Some conservatives are nut jobs.

Some people are nut jobs.

Let's take it one step further.......

But most nut jobs are liberal people.

CN

Old 02-14-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
Because christ is apart of religion Life is a b*tch :/
You must understand that one day you will be old and weak if you live long enough to be old and weak. Do you assume that you will have the same robustness as you do now, capable of taking on the whole world with your hatred and discontent?

What about those that share your same sentiment, catching you in your weakness, as predators often do to their prey. Are you an animal or are you above the animal kingdom, capable of rationality and thought, and the ability to forgive those who you believe trespass against you.

You must have empathy or when the time comes, empathy will not be given to you. Never think that you can control your destiny. You are but vapor. Here for a moment and gone the next. You don't know what will happen an hour from now, lest 10 or 15 years.

I hope that you can resolve your hatred and learn that we are all in this together.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:49 AM

274 posts, read 120,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Let's take it one step further.......

But most nut jobs are liberal people.

CN
Pfft stereotypes,everyone is a nutjob,the ones who are not nutjobs are the people who do not know they are crazy I know I am crazy so I am not crazy isn't that crazy?

Old 02-14-2017, 09:51 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Soo... some liberals are nut jobs.

Some conservatives are nut jobs.

Some people are nut jobs.
It really is that simple.

I love it when somebody posts a crazy article like this and tries to paint a whole group of people with a broad brush.....as if all liberals agree with this.

Hey OP, dashrendar4454. If you're still around, I want to make sure you know you're embarrassing yourself with this post.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:51 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Is it okay if we take all of our sub-human technology, amenities, products, moral codes, and legal systems back?
Take it back from whom?

Old 02-14-2017, 09:53 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
As soon as us white folks admit to our disgrace, we can "begin to heal", as well as helping our minority superiors do the same. We will all feel better in the long run, and as an added bonus- we can claim the title of being "politically correct"- what more could we ask for!!

Old 02-14-2017, 09:57 AM

It seems like all this forum cares about at times is race. Don't people get tired of judging people based on their race? I'm telling you, people are not that much different. You can love one another, trust me, it is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies