Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 12:38 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times

Advertisements

Just before 9/11 happened, Al Gore wrote a book saying that climate change was more of a threat than terrorism. Oops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 12:39 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
In a million years I don't expect a terrorist's bomb to fall on my head.
On the other hand, were you and I not financially impacted by 9/11?
A couple of guys in a beat up Chevy Caprice brought the DC area to its knees for weeks.
If terrorists managed to effect our power grid, would you be effected?
No, I ain't gonna get blowed up. We all can still be effected, bigly.
Not really. You want to know what affected us financially? Horrible leadership. Terrorism should be a big concern but it's down on the list compared to everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
It's a slippery slope. I don't want the US to become Europe, which is not just getting unnecessarily blown up (because of globalist politicians) but they are losing their entire culture.

The reason we haven't had that many terrorist attacks here is because we haven't let MILLIONS of Muslims in... yet! We need to KEEP IT that way so that we don't become Europe!

Here's a reality check....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNu4xU9qOEM
By the way that math in your little study was obviously conveniently massaged to exclude 911. 3,000 people were killed on 911. That's 1 in 100,000 right there. 1 in 9.6 million? That's a crock.
That was never gonna happen here anyway, but I understand the concern. Sorry, but I don't want no go zones here either.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:38 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Muahahhahaa...

But we're already here! I'm a Muslim and so is Busta Rhymes and Ice Cube! We're taken over I tell ya!
I couldn't care less if your a Muslim or a Catholic. I am agnostic,and don't support any Religion other than my own beliefs from what I see. Not all Muslims are Terrorists, but most Terrorists are Muslims. Thats what I see and thats what everyone sees. Thats all that counts. Those people don't impress me at all, and no more than any other Cult that calls itself a Religion.

There is a plus to you already being here, as a Muslim. You would be a lot easier to watch and deal with if you became a radical.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Oh yes we just keep growing and growing and growing!!!!

Soon we'll have Muslim in your car, in your bathrooms, in your very souls! Fear, fear, fear us I tell ya!

*Whisps away back in to the closet with the billion other boogiemen*

Your confusing "Fear" with "Awareness." I don't fear a Snake, but am aware that some are Poisonous, and a threat. I also know there are many Snakes out there, of all kinds. If one poses a threat, you deal with it. Its that simple. I am not going out and hunt Snakes, to rid a place of them, but will do what I need to keep them out of places I go to, since better than trying to identify a harmless one from a Poisonous one, by waiting for it to bite you.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:45 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Your confusing "Fear" with "Awareness." I don't fear a Snake, but am aware that some are Poisonous, and a threat. I also know there are many Snakes out there, of all kinds. If one poses a threat, you deal with it. Its that simple. I am not going out and hunt Snakes, to rid a place of them, but will do what I need to keep them out of places I go to, since better than trying to identify a harmless one from a Poisonous one, by waiting for it to bite you.
yep. agreed 100%

Old 02-15-2017, 01:55 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
Quote:
I couldn't care less if your a Muslim or a Catholic. I am agnostic,and don't support any Religion other than my own beliefs from what I see. Not all Muslims are Terrorists, but most Terrorists are Muslims. Thats what I see and thats what everyone sees. Thats all that counts. Those people don't impress me at all, and no more than any other Cult that calls itself a Religion.

There is a plus to you already being here, as a Muslim. You would be a lot easier to watch and deal with if you became a radical.
And then Muslims or other poor performers teraktov.Kto the same has invested in these projects.
It's only a movie villain villainy that simply because he likes. Yeah, the way it is. Exactly ..)))
It seems to me it's just business. and rather profitable.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure what you're referring to in regards to "other parts of world". Colonialism touched almost every part of the Islamic world...it was nearly 100% colonized at one point. If you mean why acts of terrorism happen in the Western non-Islamic world by Muslims, look to who was doing the colonizing and meddling in the region. This is classic blowback.
We agree here, on "Cause" and "Effect." Much of Terrorism is fueled by our "Exporting" of Democracy, which not everyone wants. So in agreement with that, the "Blowback" from those Terrorism responses to that, is countered by an Assault on the Religion thats responsible. Normal behavior.

I never conquered anyone, nor took over anyones land, but if you expect me to condone the behavior of a Race or Religion seeking restitution from another Generation, then Muslims are badly mistaken. I am all for keeping them out of the Nation, and let them carry their hostility to elsewhere, or if they want to seek revenge here, just kill them. Problem solved.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:03 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Until Issa can be dismantle, then we can begin to trust Muslim Countries.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:09 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,050 times
Quote:
Not all Muslims are Terrorists, but most Terrorists are Muslims. Thats what I see and thats what everyone sees.
Nope.

Here's a list of notable domestic terror attacks:

April 19, 1995: Oklahoma City bombing - White Nationalists
July 27, 1996: Centennial Olympic Park bombing - Right Wing Conservative
October 13, 2000: Firebombing of Temple Beth El (Syracuse) - Palestinian Nationalist
September 2001: anthrax attacks - Right Wing Conservative
May 2002: Mailbox Pipe Bombing – Right Wing Conservative
October 2002: Beltway Sniper Attacks - Revenge Murder of Ex-Wife/Insanity
March 3, 2006: Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar SUV attack - Deviant Islamist
July 28, 2006: Seattle Jewish Federation shooting - Hate Crime/Mental Instability
July 27, 2008: Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting - Right Wing Conservative
May 31, 2009: Assassination of George Tiller- Right Wing Conservative
June 10, 2009: United States Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting - White Nationalists
November 5, 2009: Fort Hood shooting - Deviant Islamist
February 18, 2010: 2010 Austin suicide attack – Right Wing Conservative
September 1, 2010: Discovery Communications headquarters hostage crisis - Environmental Activism
August 5, 2012: Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting- White Nationalists
April 15, 2013: Boston Marathon bombing - Deviant Islamist
June 17, 2015: Charleston church shooting - White Nationalists
November 27, 2015: Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting – Right Wing Conservative
December 2, 2015: San Bernardino attack - Deviant Islamist
June 12, 2016: Orlando nightclub shooting - TBD, Insanity...was gay, gave allegiances to oppossing groups
September 17–19, 2016: New York and New Jersey bombings - Deviant Islamist

Quite the mix if you ask me. Conclusion...go ahead and monitor people like me, but certainly monitor Trump supporters as well.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:39 PM

550 posts, read 368,659 times
Seriously? People fear terrorists because of the number of deaths a terrorist can cause in one incident.

Look at the statistics given in the first post. Yes, people die from bathtub falls but each fall is likely to impact no more than one or two people. (Most don't bathe in group settings.)

9/11 attacks resulted in the deaths of 2,996 people and injured more than 6,000 others. Those numbers could pale if, and when, someone like North Korea or Iran use nuclear weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies