Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2017, 11:52 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

It is a statistically proven fact that Americans are more likely to be killed by a toddler with a gun than by a terrorist attack.
And yet, toddlers still get guns on a daily basis.

I resent the implication being made here. I'll have you know my toddler is a very good shot, when she's sober.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 11:52 AM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Speaking of irrational Guantanamo comes to mind as they want to reopen, couldn't possibly have those dangerous Muslims in stateside prisons. Meanwhile El Chapo is in a Brooklyn Prison and will face trial in Brooklyn court.

Why do those who want to speak about subjects fail to understand even the basic facts?
Needless to say it was never closed, so there is nothing to "reopen".

Old 02-13-2017, 11:55 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
When calling your political opponents racists and deplorables doesn't work, why not try calling them cowards? If that doesn't work, I'm sure you can find another insult to lob at them that will make them go away. Or not.
I'm waiting for doodyhead, bigbutt, and dingaling to make huge comebacks.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:57 AM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Half the US is racist. That's why you supported a racist and Nazis in the government. People who aren't racists usually don't religiously support racists.

You think it's a coincidence how many Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists have come out from under their rocks since Trump gained power? Jews are being told they belong in the oven, Muslims are being attacked and killed, gays are being beat in the middle of the street.

If you're going to support a Nazi regime, suck it up and accept that you're part of that group.
Your post is very warped, but sadly even if I were to point out all the flaws in it, it would likely fall on deaf ears.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:57 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
A snowflake calls for such posts to be banned.

I like your posts like that, which is why I quote them.

The last thing I want is to hide that people on the left are calling nearly half of the US racists.

I encourage you to continuing to do so.

Snowflakes, such as those in Berkeley, look to silence their opposition.

I think perhaps liberals might be on to something about free speech. Their own is a dire threat to expose them.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:58 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,679 times
The title of the thread is, "Is cowardice one of the defining traits of the American right?" My perspective is that the defining traits of the American right are a toss up between irrational fear and a lack of critical thinking. I am about to go into a meeting, so I don't have time to address each of the points in the OP. However, I do see these characteristics reflected in their platform - identify what could be a legitimate issue, over-inflate the severity of the issue, create a boogie man and develop policies that are based upon the hysteria that has been created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I was trying to keep from derailing this thread, but ok.

If it wasn't vague, what was she specifically saying?

Was she agreeing with all that the OP said?

Old 02-13-2017, 11:58 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They did? Where are they?
There is one right here.

Quote:
They voted for him twice and they voted for Hillary Clinton too.
"They" all did? Actually, "they all" didn't. As I was home all day election day. I almost panicked, thinking that you were stalking me to know that. But then I realized you had your broad brush out again repainting the forum.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:02 PM

778 posts, read 339,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
They fixate on guns because they're perpetually scared for their lives. Their obsession with Muslims and terrorism is based on fear. Their white nationalism is based on the fear that is POC became the majority, they would treat white people as poorly as white people have historically treated POC.
How long have you pondered this theory?

Old 02-13-2017, 12:02 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Says the group who constantly insults liberals.
^^^^Says the person who is hateful, out of touch and constantly insults conservatives.

It's too bad that you don't have enough introspection to even know that about yourself

Old 02-13-2017, 12:03 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
The title of the thread is, "Is cowardice one of the defining traits of the American right?" My perspective is that the defining traits of the American right are a toss up between irrational fear and a lack of critical thinking. I am about to go into a meeting, so I don't have time to address each of the points in the OP. However, I do see these characteristics reflected in their platform - identify what could be a legitimate issue, over-inflate the severity of the issue, create a boogie man and develop policies that are based upon the hysteria that has been created.
The OP said the right was perpetually fixated on guns due to fear. So, you agreed with him on that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies