Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2017, 07:48 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

Even the most unsophisticated investor knows that the market hates instability. This president is mentally unstable and his trade talk bluster coupled with unbinding regulations that protect Americans from predatory banks is going to ultimately sink the economy.

Trump?s trade-war mongering is starting to rattle Wall Street - Business Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 08:23 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Nobody is talking about trade wars except you deranged dems.

Trump has been in office three weeks, no trade wars yet.

The reality is that the US will be in a stronger trade position with Trump as he negotiates trade deals, and creates new ones.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:43 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times
We've been in a trade war with countries (mostly in Asia) that practice what is called "adversarial trade." Classic example is Japan Inc.'s dumping TV sets into the USA to drive out American manufacturers. This is well documented and was aided by none other than Robert Strauss who was the head of the democratic party.

SIC 3651 Household Audio and Video Equipment - Description, Market Prospects, Industry History

Old 02-13-2017, 09:03 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Even the most unsophisticated investor knows that the market hates instability. This president is mentally unstable and his trade talk bluster coupled with unbinding regulations that protect Americans from predatory banks is going to ultimately sink the economy.

Trump?s trade-war mongering is starting to rattle Wall Street - Business Insider
Wrong, a massive and probably inevitable liquidity crises is likely to sink the economy. That combined with the disparity in wages between the US and developing nations and the replacement of labor capital with technology, will result in long term economic consequences.

And instability? Are you kidding me? What was the previous administration doing to stabilize the economy? Do you think doubling the debt was a great idea if you consider that de-dollarization is growing and will eventually lead to a bankrupt economy left behind by your generation and its hypocritical excess?

Oh, that's right. In one of your other threads, you apparently supported the previous administration's disastrous foreign policy of maintaining the petro-dollar as the status quo, resulting in millions of civilians being murdered by fundamentalist regimes.

Additionally, isn't the efficient market hypothesis supposed to apply to equity markets? It's kind of hard to do this when central banks are directly involved in the purchase of equities, don't you think? Is that what you call stability, an equity market that can be gamed?

I'm so happy that my entire future is dependent on a 401k that is subject to the whims of political objectives. Thank you for that. I'm so happy that we won't have social security when I reach "retirement age."

What exactly is it that you support?

Old 02-13-2017, 09:21 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Wrong, a massive and probably inevitable liquidity crises is likely to sink the economy. That combined with the disparity in wages between the US and developing nations and the replacement of labor capital with technology, will result in long term economic consequences.

And instability? Are you kidding me? What was the previous administration doing to stabilize the economy? Do you think doubling the debt was a great idea if you consider that de-dollarization is growing and will eventually lead to a bankrupt economy left behind by your generation and its hypocritical excess?

Oh, that's right. In one of your other threads, you apparently supported the previous administration's disastrous foreign policy of maintaining the petro-dollar as the status quo, resulting in millions of civilians being murdered by fundamentalist regimes.

Additionally, isn't the efficient market hypothesis supposed to apply to equity markets? It's kind of hard to do this when central banks are directly involved in the purchase of equities, don't you think? Is that what you call stability, an equity market that can be gamed?

I'm so happy that my entire future is dependent on a 401k that is subject to the whims of political objectives. Thank you for that. I'm so happy that we won't have social security when I reach "retirement age."

What exactly is it that you support?
You are speaking well over the heads of the people like the OP.

These people actually believe Obama "fixed" the economy. They don't understand that the stock market is a giant bubble that is going to burst (no matter who won the election). They don't understand that globalism is a game that the developed world cannot win, and that it is a race to the bottom. They don't understand that a return of even historic norms in the interest rates would bankrupt the US because of our debt. And they sure don't understand that the USD is not going to remain the world's reserve currency forever, and what that means for our future.

Trying to explain these things to people like the OP is like trying to explain it to your dog, it's a complete waste of time.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:45 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You are speaking well over the heads of the people like the OP.

These people actually believe Obama "fixed" the economy. They don't understand that the stock market is a giant bubble that is going to burst (no matter who won the election). They don't understand that globalism is a game that the developed world cannot win, and that it is a race to the bottom. They don't understand that a return of even historic norms in the interest rates would bankrupt the US because of our debt. And they sure don't understand that the USD is not going to remain the world's reserve currency forever, and what that means for our future.

Trying to explain these things to people like the OP is like trying to explain it to your dog, it's a complete waste of time.

You are the blind correcting the deaf , dumb and blind.

There is no national debt. There is simply printed money that is either interest bearing or non interest bearing. As Marx observed, the "national debt" is for use of the wealthy.
The state-creditors actually give nothing away, for the sum lent is transformed into public bonds, easily negotiable, which go on functioning in their hands just as so much hard cash would.

As stated by me, many years ago, inflation is held in check by taxes receipts, not interest rates.

$1,084,840,000,000: Taxes Set Record Through January; $7,133 Per Worker; Feds Still Run Deficit of $156,939,000,000

The nation debt is simply a growth in the money supply. It is not convertible into any market commodity.

You are correct that Obama did do nothing. Algorithms were running our economy.

What are automatic stabilizers and how do they work? | Tax Policy Center

Old 02-13-2017, 10:36 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
With Mnuchin, the former head of Goldman Sachs, as Sec. of Treasury, I don't think Wall St. is gonna worry all that much about the surly child in the White House. At least, just yet.

But Trump can scare off investors. And if he scares enough of them badly enough, Wall St. could take a dive. It wouldn't last, though, I'm sure, unless everything else is also going to hell in a handcart at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies