Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 01:00 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I think the number one reason that Trump could go down is that he doesn't really want the job. Everyone who thought Bush was a figurehead for Cheney - - I get that feeling more this time around.

Yes, Trump should just have fun and let Pence do the grunt work. Anyone bother him tell them see Pence. He can even give shriveled up Ginsberg a job when they get rid of her at SCOTUS robosigning the Prez's executive orders. Trump cannot be bothered screwing round with paperwork. Trump is an idea man. Trump gives the orders and the lackeys will scatter like ants to implement.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:00 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
all of you out there that aren't PROGS, you need to get this.

The left is fully committed to insuring that Donald Trump does not complete his term. By any means necessary.
That doesn't mean impeachment will happen.
I fully expect Trump to quit before things get close to impeachment.

He's like the kid who caught the pig in the greased pig contest and now doesn't know what to do with the greasy pig. It's still just as hard to hang on to as it ever was, and if he lets it go, the pig will tear the joint up on its own.

Watching TV and running to Mar-a-Lago on the weekends won't give him the release from all the pressures he's under for very long. When Trump sees no way out, he bails out and leaves his mess to others. That's what he's done his entire life, and I don't expect he is any different now than he was before he was elected.

He obviously loved the race, but hates the job.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:04 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times
Oh good lord no I don't want this to happen. I say let him stay and continue to make a fool of himself in front of the world. He's doing such a wonderful job at making not only himself look bad but the entire GOP as well!

I can't think of a better way to get him out of office than ro continue letting him do what he does best: make an a** out of himself. Sort of like they did with Hitler toward the end of the war. They decided not to assassinate him because he had become so irrational. He became one of the main reasons Germany lost.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:04 PM

809 posts, read 746,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think mental health professionals should know better. Diagnosing without actually examining someone its actually considered unethical.
Yes, as the article said "This rule stipulates that while it is permissible to answer questions from media about psychological symptoms that typically characterize a disorder, it is unethical to tie that disorder to a person they have not personally examined."

That hasn't stopped over 20,000 medical professionals from signing a petition questioning the sanity of our current president.

Consider rereading the article.

I'm not a mental health professional. But I respect professionals. And if a large number of mental health professionals are willing to go against a basic rule of their profession, I think we shouldn't ignore Trumps behavior.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:05 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I think the number one reason that Trump could go down is that he doesn't really want the job. Everyone who thought Bush was a figurehead for Cheney - - I get that feeling more this time around.
Trump has already declared himself a candidate for 2020.
Trump Already Declares for 2020: Most CLEVER Move in Politics

And why is that important?
Quote:
What does this mean? First, according to AZ Family, it means that 501c3 (non-profit) organizations cannot work or speak negatively about President, who would of course be “candidate” Trump. If they do, it is considered opposition to a candidate, and grounds for losing the group’s tax exempt status.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA..... Now, they can't even attack him!

Old 02-13-2017, 01:06 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Nope. Never called Obama, obummer, not once. I think his given name is derogatory enough given the fact that history will remember him as an eight year blip with few accomplishments. And please don't cite Obama's signature ACA, that Titanic was doomed from the start.
I disagree. I think history will treat him more kindly then you suspect. I don't think he will be considered a great one, but just another guy trying to do his best.

And some respect for not doing the name calling stuff. Far too many fell into name calling rather then rational discussion.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:11 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Liberals talk about impeachment while the stock market hits another record high. Is it just me, or is this narrative not going too well?

LOL.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:52 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
Maybe he'll declare bankruptcy and leave us taxpayers to clean up his mess, as he's done is so many of his business failures.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:59 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
On the Sunday talk shows, there were several instances where both guests and hosts discussed the possibility that tRump is mentally unfit for office. I'm a newshound and this was the first time I've heard this presented in a reasonable manner on three different networks by credible sources.

The amendment does not require impeachment, this is what it says:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.
Interesting - seems highly unlikely and it's not just "libs" that are thinking this way that's for sure. This is more than just empty rhetoric, the man does indeed exhibit behaviors that could at some point make him mentally unfit for office. He is surely trending that way - Congress does need to have a game plan in case it happens.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:00 PM

809 posts, read 746,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Maybe he'll declare bankruptcy and leave us taxpayers to clean up his mess, as he's done is so many of his business failures.
The really sad thing here is that if Trump gets dumped, either due to financial conflicts of interests, or mental instability, we'd be left with Pence.

Pence, and a republican congress. Inequality on steroids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies