Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 01:33 PM

11,213 posts, read 8,274,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
She lost me at "In two years..."

More Fake News.
LOL. It was posted as an opinion piece. It wasn't even PRESENTED as news. That is like calling Land of the Lost "Fake History".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 01:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,779,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No its not. Its the fault of the people who voted for him, or are you unwilling to accept responsibility for your vote?

Just as the selected not elected thing is nonsense from the OP, your attempt to blame others for the choice of president is as well. If you voted for him, you own the responsibility.
so apparently your team is not willing to accept the responsibility of nominating a candidate that had no energy in her campaign? that she refused to campaign in states that are normally blue, and had she gone to those states and won them she would be president now? no the blame for the loss is squarely on the shoulders of hillary, the media, and their continual lies and constant ad campaign for hillary.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:34 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,625,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I hope she's right! This selected not elected President is a joke.

Trump can't be trusted to lead nation: Column
it may well be an epic battle in 2018. The GOP will not want the senate to fall to the dems, Trump will be panicking if it looks at all likely and will try to suppress votes like never before.

Maybe we need to ask the UN to oversee 2018....

Old 02-13-2017, 01:48 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,622,475 times
Someone repped me and made a ridiculous comment regarding Trump "presiding over" not "leading" the country.

No. Whether you like it or not, he is leading this country with every move he makes, doesn't make, etc.

People need to come to terms with this instead of crying out like a child because they don't like the man.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:49 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,232,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I'm not even Republican, but artilces like this are annoying.

"Wait, some random journalist wrote some column that Trump won't make it? THIS MUST BE TRUE!!!!!"

OP, what in your life has been impacted by Trump being the President this past few weeks? Just curious?
She's not really a 'random journalist.'

She's a highly respected, Pulitzer prize winning very conservative columnist.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:52 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,608,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
She lost me at "In two years..."

More Fake News.

It's not news so it can't be fake.It's an OPINION piece.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:52 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,333,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so apparently your team is not willing to accept the responsibility of nominating a candidate that had no energy in her campaign? that she refused to campaign in states that are normally blue, and had she gone to those states and won them she would be president now? no the blame for the loss is squarely on the shoulders of hillary, the media, and their continual lies and constant ad campaign for hillary.
Please. Want me to say the democrats choose poorly? SURE! I didn't want her as my choice, and voted against her, and if my candidate had won, I would have been responsible for it. If she had won, I would be responsible for that too.

Party of personal responsibility apparently stops once your guy messes up, then its those darn Democrats fault!

Act like a grownup, and accept responsibility for your vote. I did.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:56 PM

18,975 posts, read 14,151,842 times
The president is not the "leader." He is the highest ranking public servant - one step DOWN from the lowest civilian.
The president does not make law, but executes the laws enacted by Congress.
CONGRESS should be your focus, if you want to reform the democracy.
Personally, I prefer the republican form of government.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:57 PM

25,822 posts, read 16,480,941 times
Another snowflake triggered.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:59 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,968,885 times
MikeLee - Someone also repped me with the following comment:

"I believe Bannon and Trump are planning a false flag "terrorist" attack, with which they will grab more power and repeal freedoms. I'd love to see a poll here on CD for which state they will do this to. Probably CA or NY, but I doubt NY, Mel's home."

Why are people wasting their rep points instead of just posting publicly what they think? This (anonymous) comment had nothing to do with my post either or even with this thread in my opinion. This is not the first time this has happened lately either. This does not make sense to me! Use the PM system if you have something to say to me privately. Don't be a coward. Thanks for your consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies