Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 05:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

I have no use for either of these people but Beyoncé is downright annoying and can't sing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 05:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
LOL 7th place.

Thats a feel good prize if I have ever seen one. Im not a Trump supporter, but man, if you are going to try to make an argument in support of Trump's America, you might want to find a better subject and end point than 7th place.
It's like a participation trophy.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:03 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Adele won because her music appeals to a wider range of audiences. I know both teenagers and senior citizens who like Adele. Therefore there were more people who were willing to vote for her to win the award.

You really can't objectively say that one deserved to beat the other. It is all about taste. But you can objectively say that people saying Beyoncé lost because of racism every time someone else wins something is getting really old.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:50 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post

I like queen B. But she's overrated and doesn't do much of anything except whip her hair and gyrates. She deserved to lose IMHO.
you know this isn't true. LOL. Sure she maintains an image, like all artists do...even Adele has image consultants and stylists and public relations people, but Beyoncé CAN sing. Beyoncé has multiple songs that aren't just pop dance songs where she just stands there and straight up sings. And at the end of the day, like I said in another posts, there's a reason Adele was on stage gushing over Beyoncé, she's knows who's better.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:56 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Beyonce', the black Susan Lucci.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Beyonce', the black Susan Lucci.
Ok, that's not bad.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:08 PM

381 posts, read 177,265 times
I have only heard 'Hello' from Adele's album so I can't compare the two albums, but Beyonce's had some good songs on it. They're making this into a race issue because according to them, Beyonce's album was an ode to black women and was "too black" to win. Or maybe Adele's 25 was just the better album

Old 02-15-2017, 09:16 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Beyoncé can do everything Adele does.
Adele can't do everything Beyoncé does.

Beyoncé is by far a better singer, she is also a better performer as well. There's a reason Adele was on stage gushing over Beyoncé. Even Adele knows this. I understand people may have whatever little petty political reasons they hate Beyoncé but stop acting like she's not a highly talented singer and performer.
You have a right to believe the Blowancy is better than Adele. The vast majority of everyone else recognizes Adele is a once in a lifetime talent.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:02 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Second most soulful female singing voice on the planet, IMO, behind only the Queen of Soul herself, Aretha Franklin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Instead of educating you on the roots and history of Soul music., I'll just say mimicking soul music and being soul music two different things.
Instead of educating you on reading comprehension, I'll just point out the poster you responded to here never mentioned "soul music". One can have a "soulful voice" and sing something other than "soul music".

Old 02-16-2017, 11:32 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You have a right to believe the Blowancy is better than Adele. The vast majority of everyone else recognizes Adele is a once in a lifetime talent.
In one scene in the movie, Dreamgirls, the character played by Beyonce says of the character played by Jennifer Hudson, "But SHE has the stronger voice!" And it was true of the real actresses/singers.

It's the same here. Adele has a much stronger, richer voice. That's not even a question. Beyonce can sing, no doubt about it. She has a lovely voice, and as people have pointed out, she is more of an entertainer and very much a woman who uses the "sex sells" principle to augment her singing talent and sell herself. That's not a put-down--it's just factual, and she's certainly not the first woman to use her beauty and sexuality to augment a just-good-enough singing talent. She is not relying just on her voice. And judging by her popularity, it works well for her.

So the overall question is not a matter of race at all, but rather a contest between someone who is purely musical and someone who adds a lot of trimmings beyond music, and ultimately, how the people who decide the Grammys view the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies