Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 06:04 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,879,615 times

Advertisements

Considering his Body Mass Index (fat to lean ratio), he probably floats. But so do turds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 06:08 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,967,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Detractors would say - what? He can't swim?

LOL.

Its not worth it. We see all he's doing, trying to do and already did in less then a month in office.
Its actually pretty incredible that he hit the ground running and did what no other politician did - kept all his campaign promises. The court might be blocking, but he's doing what he promised which is why he got elected.

So many closeted fans afraid of being called racist if they come and say - yeah Trump. Go!

It's hysterical really, because the facts, the statistics, the stockmarket - its all showing vast improvement and America is becoming the powerhouse it was - in the eyes of the rest of the World too.

The leaders of the other Countries both respect and fear him - and that's how you want it.
I do not know that I agree with the assertion that President Trump 'kept' all of his campaign promises.

Has he, for instance, 'locked up' Hillary Rodham Clinton? No, and no plans to, seemingly.

Obamacare? Still law. Indeed, Mr. Trump wishes to expand it.

The Wall? Nothing on that front. One cannot claim success for the 770 miles of fencing already up.

Remember when then-candidate Trump promised to never take vacations? I guess we won't count his flying each weekend to Florida to play golf (which he also had blasted Obama for doing).

Remember when Mr. Trump as candidate promised to 'reign in' Wall Street? Lots of Trump supporters herein claimed that due to this promise, he would easily win over the Bernie Sanders supporters. Recall when Mr. Trump blasted Goldman-Sachs? Look at what he is proposing about actually rolling back safeguards imposed on Wall Street in 2010. Look at the number of Goldman-Sachs executives that now make up his cabinet and retained as advisors.

Sure, he is deporting some Mexicans, and tried to ban Muslims from seven countries. I guess, to some people, such constitutes keeping all of his campaign promises.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:09 AM

185 posts, read 168,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Reading the responses on this forum i think you have it backwards as the hate, violent tendencies, and intolerance is coming from rightwing posters.
I have noticed the same thing.

People who don't like Trump start posts that criticize Trump and his policies.

Trump supporters start posts insulting Dems/Liberals/Progressives.

The difference here (for the intellectually challenged) is that Trump critics are criticizing specific people and their policies. Trump supporters are criticizing millions of people they don't know.

This causes me a lot of concern as I think it is a stepping stone towards complete societal failure.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:14 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,879,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenw729 View Post
I have noticed the same thing.

People who don't like Trump start posts that criticize Trump and his policies.

Trump supporters start posts insulting Dems/Liberals/Progressives.

The difference here (for the intellectually challenged) is that Trump critics are criticizing specific people and their policies. Trump supporters are criticizing millions of people they don't know.

This causes me a lot of concern as I think it is a stepping stone towards complete societal failure.

You won't need to lose a lot of sleep over this for long. tRump is on the skids, heading to impeachment. Though most likely he'll take the coward's (Nixon) way out, and resign.

Last edited by dothetwist; 02-14-2017 at 07:14 AM..

Old 02-14-2017, 07:27 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,552,387 times
Walk on water? I'm just hoping he doesn't crap in the pool . . . and I'm not optimistic about that.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:43 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,063,232 times
Quote:
Reading the responses on this forum i think you have it backwards as the hate, violent tendencies, and intolerance is coming from rightwing posters.
Which is exactly the tack that Trump took to inspire his fans to vote for him.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:45 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,063,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So:

There's NOW a wall on the Mexican border?

Hillary's in jail?

America's loved throughout the world?

The 'Deportation Force is well into rounding up/deporting 11,000,000 illegals?

ETc., etc., etc., ..........................................?

Or, you just didn't listen to him during the campaign?
You must not forget to mention that swamp draining thing.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:25 AM

8,378 posts, read 7,341,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Detractors would say - what? He can't swim?
That's actually an old Obama joke.

FWIW, I don't see walking on water as such a big accomplishment - ice fishermen walk on water every winter.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:42 AM

25,744 posts, read 21,897,823 times
Quote:
Are you new here?

Old 02-14-2017, 09:52 AM

274 posts, read 119,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Liberals have such hate, violent tendencies, and intolerance..That it's truly shocking.
back at ya bub..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies