Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 11:39 AM

19,750 posts, read 22,654,259 times

Advertisements

Wait- the alt right loves conspiracies, yet you call this a conspiracy and don't like it?

Laughable. God the alt right wingers are truly a pathetic little bunch.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:42 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This administration is toast.
Oh, sorry, the Left crying loudly does not equate to a major mandate or emergency. In fact, this hysterics are only making it harder for your perceived to-be and desired result to occur. Hypothetically, there would be no air of non-bias or fairness should such a thing actually gain traction. Your hysterics are also galvanizing the Right wing base, which, like it or not, would make it difficult for such an action to go through. Simply, your hyperbole and loud crying is draining your side of all political currency. You're merely fooling yourselves into thinking that it is adding to that currency. Again, volume is not product.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:43 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
No matter what was ACTUALLY going on in that video, it is amazing that you don't know the difference between a seated president and his authority to make international deals and an unelected citizen who does not.

"The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that details the fine and/or imprisonment of unauthorized citizens who negotiate with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. It was intended to prevent the undermining of the government's position.[2] The Act was passed following George Logan's unauthorized negotiations with France in 1798, and was signed into law by President John Adams on January 30, 1799. The Act was last amended in 1994, and violation of the Logan Act is a felony."

Yes we all know how seriously the law is taken :

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/44/3106
(a)Federal Agency Notification.— The head of each Federal agency shall notify the Archivist of any actual, impending, or threatened unlawful removal, defacing, alteration, corruption, deletion, erasure, or other destruction of records in the custody of the agency, and with the assistance of the Archivist shall initiate action through the Attorney General for the recovery of records the head of the Federal agency knows or has reason to believe have been unlawfully removed from that agency, or from another Federal agency whose records have been transferred to the legal custody of that Federal agency.
(b)Archivist Notification.— In any case in which the head of a Federal agency does not initiate an action for such recovery or other redress within a reasonable period of time after being notified of any such unlawful action described in subsection (a), or is participating in, or believed to be participating in any such unlawful action, the Archivist shall request the Attorney General to initiate such an action, and shall notify the Congress when such a request has been made.

So I suppose after resigning, Flynn might run for president in 2020...

however I agree that he should resign even for just appearances. The laws need to be followed.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 02-14-2017 at 12:03 PM..

Old 02-14-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Wait- the alt right loves conspiracies, yet you call this a conspiracy and don't like it?

Are you speaking to me? Try quoting something I wrote first. It's forum etiquette.

I'm not alt-Right. I'm Right. Also, I don't traffic in conspiracy theories. Whereas, the Left has institutionalized them over the past few months.

Do you "love" beating people in the head with bricks? Because that's what the alt-Left does. Should we laugh at your complaint if you take a brick to the head?

Keeping up with the poor logic of the Left on this forum is a full time job.

I called out the laughable degradation of quality of CD threads, such as this one. Usually, I ignore and am fine with that.

However, this thread deserved special attention because it would have been so easy to make the original post a quality post as there is a basis for discussion here. The tragedy was in the lost potential.

Instead, the OP is using his ability to start a thread as a basis for expressing whatever sputtering fit of rage that he had in his mind. This is common here, and is not worthy of comment, except when it is used to start a thread and especially one that would have otherwise had potential.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:54 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Remember four short years ago when Democrats laughed at and mocked Mitt Romney for saying that Russia is America's number one geopolitical foe?

Democrats are shameless hypocrites who simply cannot get over the fact that Hillary was defeated. That's really all there is to it.
Let's me get this straight - - A Republican president (with the IQ of a wet napkin) colludes with Russia... and you think it makes the Democrats look bad?!

The right-wing bubble = where facts and reason go to die.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:59 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Chaffetz has said he intends to continue the investigation of Hillary Clinton. There just isn't going to be time to investigate the current administration when there are more witch hunts to conduct on Clinton.

It's obvious this Congress is going to refuse to investigate one of their own. We need a few real investigative reporters out there on the order of Bernstein and Woodward to conduct a real investigation. Are there any of those left?
I doubt even that will be necessary - - the intel community (particularly the CIA) loathe Trump. They'd love nothing more than to take this circus clown down - - they actively working on that as we speak.

Right-wingers who think Flynn acted alone are in deep deep denial.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:01 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post

They are running to their safe spaces right now. The dream of a western, transnational ethnostate is crumbling before their eyes.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:05 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
They are running to their safe spaces right now. The dream of a western, transnational ethnostate is crumbling before their eyes.
Actually, they're all up in the elections forum reliving the glory days of the election. It's hilarious up there. All they can talk about is what happened three months ago. I guess it's how they intend to NOT talk about what's happening right now. I expect the puddles from all those melting snowflakes to start dripping down into the P&OC forum any time now.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I doubt even that will be necessary - - the intel community (particularly the CIA) loathe Trump. They'd love nothing more than to take this circus clown down - - they actively working on that as we speak.
Nice admission to a seditious conspiracy. The administration may have to take action to quell such treason.

We're a first world democracy for and by the people. The United States will not be run by a shadow government.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Let's me get this straight - - A Republican president (with the IQ of a wet napkin) colludes with Russia... and you think it makes the Democrats look bad?!

The right-wing bubble = where facts and reason go to die.
You underestimate the damage that the liberals did to themselves in the election season and around the inauguration. They may have made recovery to any across-the-isle credibility impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies