Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 07:40 AM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times

Advertisements

I suspect his disapproval rating has soared past 60% now that the Flynn resignation news is spreading.

Poll: Trump’s Approval Ratings Hits New Low, Harsh Treatment Of Staffers Unseen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 07:45 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
A good approval rating (Obama) seems to
Guarantee your party will be decimated under you so this is good news

Old 02-14-2017, 07:49 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I suspect his disapproval rating has soared past 60% now that the Flynn resignation news is spreading.

Poll: Trump’s Approval Ratings Hits New Low, Harsh Treatment Of Staffers Unseen
Trump needs to clean house or his ratings are going lower. Conway, Bannon and Miller should be banished immediately. They are doing him no favors at all and are more destructive than helpful. Spicer may leave on his own since he's pretty much being treated like crap and is in a no-win position.

Jared is probably the sanest person there and I really don't think he can be officially hired due to the nepostism rule, plus he really has no WH experience.

If he can't do it because he's BFFs with them--then he has real leadership issues and more crises coming down the pike.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:59 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump needs to clean house or his ratings are going lower. Conway, Bannon and Miller should be banished immediately. They are doing him no favors at all and are more destructive than helpful. Spicer may leave on his own since he's pretty much being treated like crap and is in a no-win position.

Jared is probably the sanest person there and I really don't think he can be officially hired due to the nepostism rule, plus he really has no WH experience.

If he can't do it because he's BFFs with them--then he has real leadership issues and more crises coming down the pike.
Miller needs to stay in the background. That guy is flat weird. Reminds me of that Malfoy character from the Harry Potter movies.

Conway is no longer credible and reporters are on to her schtick. "Gotcha" is the game now.

If Spicer had any self-respect, he'd resign.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:00 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
A good approval rating (Obama) seems to
Guarantee your party will be decimated under you so this is good news
Hang on to that. It will help you in the coming months.

Trump is the best thing to happen to the Democrats in decades. He has energized the base like nothing I've seen in my lifetime.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:01 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Approval ratings really don't mean much. If you aren't providing any decent alternatives for voters, I honestly don't see why all these polls are being brought forth. Congress had an abysmal rating in 2016, it had a GOP dominated majority, the majority grew even with that abysmal disapproval rating. Ratings aren't everything.

FWIW, Reagan also had a high disapproval rating in 1984 and went on to win the White House. Dems need to be focused on bringing forth good candidates that can re-invigorate liberals instead of focusing on ratings and polls of Trump and friends IMO.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:04 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Hang on to that. It will help you in the coming months.

Trump is the best thing to happen to the Democrats in decades. He has energized the base like nothing I've seen in my lifetime.

Just like he was energizing the base to vote against him during the election?

Old 02-14-2017, 08:12 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Not another CNN link. CNN is owned by Time Warner who donated almost $1 million to try to get Clinton elected, thus CNN had little choice in the matter when it came to stretching the truth and now continuing with the sour grapes and acting like the election isn't over.

Gallup is liberal leaning to the point of falling over. Here, they speak of Clinton's clear edge which, apparently, did her no good against Trump: Clinton Holds Clear Edge on Having Presidential Qualities | Gallup and looking at around at Gallup, it appears they have problems.

As many of us remember, polling predicted a clear win for the morally, mentally and physically incompetent Hillary Clinton - how did that work for y'all?

Sadly, the liberals continuing to worship the polls that please them and without the understanding that polls say what the pollsters want them to say to please the ones paying for them, will always be on the wrong track.

This is all great since the more delusional they become the longer it will be, if ever, before a Democratic darkens the doorway of the White House!

Old 02-14-2017, 09:31 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Approval ratings really don't mean much. If you aren't providing any decent alternatives for voters, I honestly don't see why all these polls are being brought forth. Congress had an abysmal rating in 2016, it had a GOP dominated majority, the majority grew even with that abysmal disapproval rating. Ratings aren't everything.

FWIW, Reagan also had a high disapproval rating in 1984 and went on to win the White House. Dems need to be focused on bringing forth good candidates that can re-invigorate liberals instead of focusing on ratings and polls of Trump and friends IMO.
That is not comparable--Reagan had already been in office 3 years.

His initial approval ratings were decent and went higher. Trump's have steadily gone in the opposite direction--down.

"..Reagan came into office on a fairly high note, with initial job approval ratings as high as 60% by mid-March 1981..."

Old 02-14-2017, 10:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking "Comment" from tRump's new Education Chief on his 40% approval rating

<lol>

“I was so excited to see the President’s approval rating hit forty,” DeVos, the Secretary of Education, told reporters. “Just knowing that well more than half the country is with him gives us a great sense of confidence moving forward.”

DeVos Says Trump

Just proves that smarts aren't a prerequisite for being born wealthy or holding high office in a GOP admin.

</lol>

I "report". You decide.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies