Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 01:46 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times

Advertisements

I have heard so much about "Make America Great Again (TM)" over the past 6 months or so and I have got to ask:

What's was so horrible about it before Trump rolled into town with his Made in China hats and told you all that this place was a cesspool?

Come on. America has flaws, like any other country, but it's surely not a terrible country.

Have you see the places that refugees are trying to escape to come here?!?

Even the Rust Belt, angry voters who are upset about jobs have it better than refugees.

Even in Flint, where the water is polluted and dangerous, those people still have warm homes and a roof over their heads. And food to eat.

So, again, I ask you...

What is so terrible that must be made great and can only be done by a lying swindler like Trump?

Old 02-14-2017, 01:48 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Well, look at who we elected. Id say the country is having some issues.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 01:50 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
Fear. tRump preyed on their fears. Hitler did the same in Germany. Hitler blamed the Jews; tRump blamed anyone who isn't white.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:51 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I have heard so much about "Make America Great Again (TM)" over the past 6 months or so and I have got to ask:

What's was so horrible about it before Trump rolled into town with his Made in China hats and told you all that this place was a cesspool?

Come on. America has flaws, like any other country, but it's surely not a terrible country.

Even the Rust Belt, angry voters who are upset about jobs have it better than refugees.

Even in Flint, where the water is polluted and dangerous, those people still have warm homes and a roof over their heads. And food to eat.

So, again, I ask you...

What is so terrible that must be made great and can only be done by a lying swindler like Trump?
Unpatriotic Trump and his followers think our country is a disaster. (Their words, not ours). They have rewritten the narrative to make us look bad as a country, because if they don't, then they don't have a crisis to fix, and if there is no crisis to fix, then he doesn't get elected.

Worst thing for his type is another Obama economy, where the Dow triples, we reach full employment, there are no terrorist attacks, and we gain respect on the world stage. When that happens, they can't distract us while he robs from the poor and gives it to the rich.

It's a sham. A majority of Americans know that. A majority voted that way, and he still one. He knew the rules, and exploited them to win the whitehouse, just like he did to cheat people out of their pay.

According to him, it makes him smart. By the time his followers wake up, it'll be too late for them to realize they are the ones who will pay the biggest price.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:52 PM

833 posts, read 520,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

So, again, I ask you...

First of all, your post is one gigantic logical fallacy. Point me to a monolith of Trump supporters who thinks America is a "terrible" "cesspool."

Second, Rust Belt voters did not vote because their country is squalid and war torn. They voted for Trump because they've seen job-providers escape across the border while job-takers come in illegally and take what's left of the work to do in blue-collar America.

Third, Flint, Michigan is hardly the analogy you'd like to use here since it is ran by Democrats and has absolutely terrible sociological statistics.

If you seek to take down Trump voters, find another argument. This one is dead.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:53 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Trump doesn't think America is awful. He loves this country.

But he's not afraid to admit that the country, in many ways, is in awful shape and it needs to be addressed.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:54 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
It's racism, plain and simple.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:55 PM

833 posts, read 520,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
It's racism, plain and simple.
I thought it was Russia, the FBI, and the Electoral College?

Old 02-14-2017, 01:56 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Lightbulb Why does Trump think our country is so awful? Why do his followers?

It's a two part question...

First, tRump doesn't really think that. It sells well to his base.

Second, Trumplings have shut down their brains in favor of repeating whatever Limbaugh tells them. So much easier than thinking.

And he says, "America sucks and it's all your neighbors' fault!"

What a "hero" for the low-info right.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:56 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
I thought it was Russia, the FBI, and the Electoral College?
No, those are the reasons that Trump followers think America is awful. They think America is awful because they are racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies