Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 07:07 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Cause they crazy lol.

That's all I can think of it. Russia has never really been all that "friendly" nation with the US not even during WWII where they were an ally out of necessity due to the situation in Europe and Asia.
How interesting. Maybe I can not properly translated.
Explain one more time please someone who is friendly and not at the expense of the second world is not quite clear who is there with whom to ally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 07:07 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
I don't think anybody are saying Russia is an ally.

Having a working relationship with the Russians is not the same as "Oh, Russia is a great country." well, The country does not need to be glorified or demonized. It is just a super power we don't need to **** off right now (or never).

This country cannot afford a war with the Russians.

All these said, The US does not trust the Russians because of the legacy of the Cold War and competition over who controls flow of world energy revenues.

Because of this Russia persists in opposing US efforts in the Middle East to solve problems related to Syria and the Israeli/Palestinian situation so they can preserve a foothold in the region.

Both sides bear a lot of blame for the current tense relations between the two. It is everyone’s interests that this relationship be improved before it turns into direct conflict.

Plus, The world would be a safer place if American foreign policy would avoid the notion of democratizing everyone and just stick to the basics. One of these basics, would be to search for common ground and identical security issues that threaten our nation.

Hopefully, the new President will understand that a good working relationship with Russia is the key to global stability.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:11 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Why didn't Hillary/0bama supporters realize Russia is not an ally when she handed them a RESET button (with RESET spelled incorrectly, like the dujmbazz those fools are)?
WTF does this even mean? Why did the SoS and President engage in diplomacy to avoid going to war? Maybe to avoid going to war?

You guys can't keep your excuses and jumbled thinking straight. Which is it... Hillary is a coward who let Putin walk all over her or Hillary is a war hawk that would have gotten us into a war with Russia the first chance that she got?

Old 02-15-2017, 07:12 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think anybody are saying Russia is an ally.

Having a working relationship with the Russians is not the same as "Oh, Russia is a great country." well, The country does not need to be glorified or demonized. It is just a super power we don't need to **** off right now (or never).

This country cannot afford a war with the Russians.

All these said, The US does not trust the Russians because of the legacy of the Cold War and competition over who controls flow of world energy revenues.

Because of this Russia persists in opposing US efforts in the Middle East to solve problems related to Syria and the Israeli/Palestinian situation so they can preserve a foothold in the region.

Both sides bear a lot of blame for the current tense relations between the two. It is everyone’s interests that this relationship be improved before it turns into direct conflict.

Plus, The world would be a safer place if American foreign policy would avoid the notion of democratizing everyone and just stick to the basics. One of these basics, would be to search for common ground and identical security issues that threaten our nation.

Hopefully, the new President will understand that a good working relationship with Russia is the key to global stability.
Would you say that the Trump administration seems to be a little too cozy with a nation that is not an ally? Would you say the Trump administration is alienating long-term allies in attempt to appease a hostile nation with dubious motives?

Old 02-15-2017, 07:12 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why do all the Russia bashers not recognize that Russia is not always the bad guy here either

Syria...had a dictator...a bad guy... but the US supported the 'rebels' who are connected to al-Qaida and isis

eqypt...had a western supporting dictator...the us help throw im out and no the non-western supporting muslim brotherhood runs Egypt

Libya ...had a dictator, that was way in the back ground...yet the US ousted him, and now the muslim brotherhood runs Libya

Iran... a bad country, that supports terrorists, to include in Yemen...and the US lifts the sactions, and gives them money...and Iran continues to say that Israel should be wiped off the earth

Ukraine... the Nazi supporting Ukraine rules with an iron fist, yet the US will support them against the boogie-man of Russia

Crimea... votes to leave the Ukraine and fall under Russia (90% of Crimean's are Russian). yet the US bashes Russia , even though Crimea DEMOCRATICLY voted to leave Ukraine

the Hillary/DNC emails releases....a Bernie supporting DNC insider leaks the emails, and is mysteriously killed, yet the left lies and says its Russia hacking the election

sorry but your boogie-man of Russia is a farce

So is 'our friend' in Russia.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:14 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Why would we expect Trumpettes to concentrate on the problems at hand instead of their paranoia.
The only paranoia I see are people worried about Trump and Russia with no concrete evidence to back it...

Show me proof of "Russia being in bed with Trump", otherwise, that's the classic example of paranoia.

*sips tea*

Old 02-15-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Would you say that the Trump administration seems to be a little too cozy with a nation that is not an ally? Would you say the Trump administration is alienating long-term allies in attempt to appease a hostile nation with dubious motives?
First of all, I would like to know what I have posted that you disagree with.

I didn't mention Trump by the way.

To your first question, no, I don't think Trump administration seems to be a little too cozy with a nation that is not an ally.

To your second question, Yes, I do think Trump administration is alienating long-term allies, but I think the word ally is overrated.

Last but not the least, I don't have a loyalty towards Trump or his administration, if I feel he has dubious motives, then yes, I would support the belief that Trump should be gone.

Got that?

Old 02-15-2017, 07:18 AM

19 posts, read 9,356 times
Exactly. It's the same with Obama. One minute he is letting in all these refugees and then they turn around and say Trump's refugee ban was the same as Obama's. Which is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
WTF does this even mean? Why did the SoS and President engage in diplomacy to avoid going to war? Maybe to avoid going to war?

You guys can't keep your excuses and jumbled thinking straight. Which is it... Hillary is a coward who let Putin walk all over her or Hillary is a war hawk that would have gotten us into a war with Russia the first chance that she got?

Old 02-15-2017, 07:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

I can come up with some more if you like.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:19 AM

OP, your thread is

Why don't Trump supporters recognize that Russia is not an ally?

You need to realize that THIS Trump supporter (me) does not believe Russia is an ally at all.

Some you guys need a little balance, not everybody who believes in a working relationship with other super power = Russian spy LOL

I would even support a working relationship with the Chinese. China is not a threat either. Let the Chinese handling their own problems in South China sea. Nobody cares about the island people they "try to" invade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies