Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:15 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,942,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Not even going to waste my energy typing-- to respond to this one--

You just did! LOL! Good liberal thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 11:15 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,338,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Why am I not surprised that Trumpettes would dismiss this as fake news despite the Republicans admitting this is serious and will mount a full investigation?

We are talking about TREASON here.

There was actual evidence of the conversations and if you don't want to believe that, you can go back to your delusional world where the Dump can do no wrong.

You are correct, there is certainly treasonous activities going on in OUR intelligence community by leaking classified information to the media. Yes, there were conversations between Flynn and the Russian ambassador but NONE of what was said was illegal and the intelligence community even admitted that.

What got Flynn in trouble is that he lied to Pence and other officials by saying he did not discuss sanctions with the ambassador when he did. As a result, he could no longer be trusted by the administration which is why he got booted and rightfully so. Had he just told the truth, this whole story would have been about OUR intelligence community breaking the law by leaking classified information to the media.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:19 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,738,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I want to hear the calls. Not edited. Lets see what we are dealing with.
Otherwise, this is all just fluff to try and take Trump Administration down. After all, nobody in govt, not democrats or republicans, wants him to succeed and be reelected in 2020.
I'd like to see the actual transcripts of the conversations or hear the calls myself. I find it odd that the WaPo has the transcipts and reports this story but doesn't mention what was said. Flynn is said to have contacted over 30 different world leaders/ambassadors and as mentioned, what that in itself is not illegal. If he discussed the specifics of the sanctions or promised what Trump would do, it's a different situation. We've seen so many Trump hit pieces where the truth turned out to be far different from the initial story that it's hard to know what to think until we see the transcripts.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:25 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,229,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Uh huh. And what coup exactly is going on? This administration imploding on itself & the public knowing about it is not a coup. It's simply "news". So, what coup is going on?
Former Obama Officials, Loyalists Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn

Old 02-15-2017, 11:26 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,716,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Agreed- that is the real scandal here.

We have an attempt by non elected officials in the intelligence community, directed by Obama and the dems, to disrupt the elected government.

Such acts, of course, are treasonous, and will be met with arrests and prosecution.
Sedition will be punished with long prison sentences. Barack may be the first to be charged if his moles start to sing when caught.

The NSA needs to be shut down. It was founded in 1952 as a directive by Truman.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:29 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,491,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Obama and Clinton have nothing personally to do with the leaks. But, there are informal networks of career government people and various prior administration members and relationships going back to the first Bush administration or before who are surely in the loop on what is going on in the Trump administration.

Continuing with the general rule of his life, Trump's worst enemy is himself. He thinks that chaos and impromptu management decisions are the best. People are expendable...always....wives, employees, friends, cabinet secretaries, whoever. Relationships last as long as 'the deal' hangs together and there are always scapegoats. 'Yes men/women' are important to massage the ego. Truth is what he says it is. Contradictory information is dismissed. You can't run a government that way for long.

Now, take someone with a little political sense and serious government experience, some notion of national security, and some familiarity with previous presidential administrations and stick them in the middle of the Trump administration and they will be appalled at what is going on (or isn't) behind closed doors and what the public is seeing. That's most likely where leaks are born. These people know that the Trump administration is going over a cliff and they won't be quiet about it. I suspect that there are dozens of Deep Throat folks out there already.
All so damn true.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:30 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,286,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
We all know this stems directly from the Obama administration.

Do you have a source?
Turning up dead at the present moment......

Old 02-15-2017, 11:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,836,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Sedition will be punished with long prison sentences. Barack may be the first to be charged if his moles start to sing when caught.

The NSA needs to be shut down. It was founded in 1952 as a directive by Truman.
Trump supporter shares his wet dreams with us.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:58 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,869,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I'd like to see the actual transcripts of the conversations or hear the calls myself. I find it odd that the WaPo has the transcipts and reports this story but doesn't mention what was said. Flynn is said to have contacted over 30 different world leaders/ambassadors and as mentioned, what that in itself is not illegal. If he discussed the specifics of the sanctions or promised what Trump would do, it's a different situation. We've seen so many Trump hit pieces where the truth turned out to be far different from the initial story that it's hard to know what to think until we see the transcripts.
It's likely the WaPo is sitting on what they have for the time being. It's likely that it will have a greater impact with a later release. This is not going to be a one-day story. I imagine WaPo reporters are digging deep right now, getting their ducks in neat and tidy rows.

Wait for it...

Old 02-15-2017, 12:26 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,727,146 times
Remember when we had to sit through hour upon hour of them drone on and on about Benghazi and how they were going to use it to topple Obama? Each day something "new" would come out that was going to be THE thing that finally did it after all the other things they manufactured couldn't do it. Well, I guess that's coming back to bite them in the a** now. Except this incident has a little more teeth to it. It'll be interesting to see where it leads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies