Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump our "Fake President?"
Yes, I will refer to Trump as our "Fake President" 33 54.10%
No, I oppose labeling Trump as a "Fake President" regardless of Trump's attempts to delegitimatize his perceived opponents 19 31.15%
I don't care 9 14.75%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 03:23 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
This is a very dumb poll.

you guys say that about all our polls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 04:15 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,517 times
He's not fake, per say, just woefully unprepared.

I'll refer to him as President Tire Fire, a big, blazing, toxic mess with disastrous long-term consequences.

(Credit to Trae Crowder, aka the Liberal Redneck for the term)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22OVZOx8-s

Old 02-15-2017, 04:32 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Oh, he really holds the label 'president' but he's pretending to do the work of a president and he doesn't deserve the respect that goes along with the office he holds. He's clueless at the job and will go up in flames withing a year.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:35 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
I recently heard someone refer to President Trump as the "Fake President," which seemed inevitable given Trump's continued rhetoric about "Fake News" regarding mainstream news organizations and his belittling of sitting federal judges, including most recently of the "so-called judge" who issued the stay on enforcement of Trump's travel ban. Trump, unlike any previous President, seems to use propaganda in an attempt to delegitimize his perceived opponents.

Why Donald Trump is a Fake President

https://mediamatters.org/research/20...hem-are/215326

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ad8d7f77d7e4

I just heard Trump in a news conference today blame "Fake Media" for the resignation of his national security adviser, whom he praised, even though Trump requested Michael Flynn's resignation. So Trump personally succumbed to "Fake News?" You've really got to feel sorry for White House spokesperson Sean Spicer.

<<Flynn quit on Monday after Trump asked for his resignation, and the president hopes to pick a new national security adviser by the end of the week, Spicer said.>>

Trump knew for weeks that aide was being misleading over Russia: White House | Reuters

Trump: Flynn treated badly by 'fake media' | TheHill

Trump seems particularly vulnerable to the "Fake" label, given his several percentage point loss of the nationwide popular vote, and his historically low approval rating for a new President.

<<What’s not in question is that Trump’s approval rating is historically low for a new president. Typically — even following bitter elections — incoming presidents enjoy a honeymoon period after the country rallies around its new leader (and before the opposition begins to coalesce). As Harry Enten wrote last month, every new president since Harry Truman in 19451 has enjoyed an initial net approval rating2 of at least +32 percentage points — until Trump. On average, pre-Trump presidents kicked off their administrations with a 66 percent approval rating and just a 10 percent disapproval rating. Gallup’s first survey on Trump put him at 45 percent approval and 45 percent disapproval.>>

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...icans-in-2018/

Note that Truman was not an elected President in 1945, but assumed office as unknown quantity during World War II succeeding one of the most popular Presidents in American history.

Some mainstream news networks apparently are pushing back against Trump administration officials who engage in the dissemination of "alternative facts."

'Morning Joe' host bars Kellyanne Conway from show - Business Insider

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_facts

As Trump continues to polarize the nation and engages in an unprecedented propaganda campaign against those opposed to his policies or anyone who takes actions or positions that he deems inappropriate, will you begin to refer to Trump as our "Fake President?" Do you think political opponents and perhaps even members of the mainstream media will begin to refer to Trump as our "Fake President?"

Is Trump actually changing the general meaning of the word "Fake?"

Well, this is a fake poll.

Imagine if it was:

A. Hillary is a crook.
B. Hillary is a liar.
C. I don't care.

BTW, do you still beat your wife?

Old 02-15-2017, 04:36 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Oh, he really holds the label 'president' but he's pretending to do the work of a president and he doesn't deserve the respect that goes along with the office he holds. He's clueless at the job and will go up in flames withing a year.
I'm sure you would have bet he was going to lose.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:38 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm sure you would have bet he was going to lose.
Maybe he actually did lose. All those illegal votes he keeps claiming were cast....maybe he hired and paid for them to vote for him.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:45 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
It's only polarizing if you do what liberals don't like.

Go Trump Go!
I didn't realize "living in reality" was a liberal thing.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:57 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Well, this is a fake poll.

Imagine if it was:

A. Hillary is a crook.
B. Hillary is a liar.
C. I don't care.

BTW, do you still beat your wife?
What is your meaning of "fake," as obviously this poll is as real as any C-D poll?

Its goal is to ascertain whether the Trump and Trumpie pervasive use of the word "fake" or similar adjectives to describe anything or anybody that they don't like was about to boomerang on a sitting President, further destroying civic discourse and increasing polarization.

So what do you mean by "fake?" It seems to be that the new meaning is "some thing disliked and not respected."

I'm really surprised that the Trump administration has continued this propaganda assault once in office. It is not conducive to achieving goals IMO.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:21 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Well, my guess is that some people don't know what the word fake means. Geesh, is English the 2nd language of so many?

For those that missed the election:

2016 Presidential Election Actual Results

Try to keep up, Trump won this election and in 2020, he'll win another. 2024, Pence will be elected.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:28 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,580,593 times
Gee I thought this was about Obama, so I voted yes.

My bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies