Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 05:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
They never can answer that one beyond an "ummm...uhhh....yyyyeahh...uhhhhhhhh.............. ..TRUMP RULES!"
When do you plan on kicking in to pay off the wars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Yeah, how do people take care of others unless by the force of the STATE???

https://www.stvincentcharity.com/giving/

https://www.stjude.org/?sc_cid=kwp21...170217002519:s

https://www.catholiccharitiesdc.org/CCHCN

https://www.freecarepgh.com/

Find a Clinic | National Association of Free and Charitable Clinics

Thank God the government is here to force all of us to give them our income!
Church's are going to build bridges? Also, as has been noted already, Catholic "charities" are largely funded by taxpayers.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:36 PM

778 posts, read 339,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The church? What church? Where is the church that will pick up the tab for people's medical expenses?

Catholic Charities is the largest conduit between government and charities. The vast majority of their funding comes from government grants, not people who attend services. Lutheran Services is the second and they too receive the lion's share of funding from government.

]
Can you support your claim by linking to tax filings of Catholic Charities to prove that claim? If by funding you mean Medicare/Medicaid payments then you are "misreporting" the truth. Please prove your statement that the "vast majority of funding for Catholic Charities and Lutheran Services received most of their funding from government grants." That'd be great!

Old 02-16-2017, 05:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Back when we were a Christian nation people didn't complain about helping out the less fortunate.
Lol. We stopped being a christian nation when Trump started carrying a bible to campaign rallies and quoting Corinthians Two.

That is when it became clear that being a christian was meaningless.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Can you support your claim by linking to tax filings of Catholic Charities to prove that claim? If by funding you mean Medicare/Medicaid payments then you are "misreporting" the truth. Please prove your statement that the "vast majority of funding for Catholic Charities and Lutheran Services received most of their funding from government grants." That'd be great!
Catholic Church collects $1.6 billion in U.S. contracts, grants since 2012 - Washington Times

Lutheran Immigration and Refugee services.

Nearly all provided by the taxpayers.

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocument...065e3bb0-9.pdf

Old 02-16-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol. We stopped being a christian nation when Trump started carrying a bible to campaign rallies and quoting Corinthians Two.

That is when it became clear that being a christian was meaningless.
Bombing hospitals didn't hint at it maybe?

Old 02-16-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Yes we know your situation applies to each and every one of us every minute of every day. All of us have had an incredible streak of good luck not getting sick or hit by a bus, etc. in our 90 days too. So yeah, that's how the world works...according to YOUR lot in life. Thanks for being such a great and lucky guy!
Who said I didn't get sick? I had no insurance at one point in my life when I shattered my ankle and had to undergo two surgeries. I paid for all of it. Growing up, my brother had a staph infection in his arm, starting when he was 3 years old. He was hospitalized multiple times and my parents didn't have health insurance, but my brother was never denied medical help and my parents never declared bankruptcy because they arranged payment plans and we all lived on a budget that excluded things like vacations or dining out or cable TV, etc., until the medical bills got paid. That's how you handle life.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have asked this probably 20 without an answer. How do you plan to pay for bridges and their upkeep?
What does infrastructure have to do with health insurance? Straw men are the arguments of those who cannot debate and defend their position.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah just so you know...taxes aren't theft, no matter how much you righties want them to be.
Yes it is. What I earn from my labor should be MINE and forcing me by penalty of prison to part with the fruits of my labor so that the government can redistribute it for political capital is theft.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
What does infrastructure have to do with health insurance? Straw men are the arguments of those who cannot debate and defend their position.
It has very little to do with that. It deals with the idea that taxes are theft. No answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies