Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 12:58 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,119,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You can say the same about any DUI-related fatality. If all those drunks would stay home instead of drive, a lot fewer people would be killed in car accidents.

Throw the book at her, I'm good with that. I'm also good with throwing the book at drunk citizens, too.

Although the rate has been decreasing, drunk drivers kill around 30 people a day.
https://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/r...ing/index.html
DUI stats would go down more if all the illegals were gotten rid of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 03:53 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,613,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
You want to talk about potatoes or pasta or some other food product ? Would that make you feel better than to address the issue of illegals driving and killing people ?
In terms of sheer numbers, the larger issue to address is drunk citizens driving and killing people.

The person killed is just as dead, and their family is just as devastated, no matter what the drunk's immigration status or driver's license status or insurance status.

It's the ALCOHOL status that matters.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Of course drunk driving is despicable. Even worse, when it is done by someone who has no business being in this country and doesn't have a drivers license. If that illegal wasn't here, the missionary would still be alive.
Lots of illegals are driving, with and without driver's licenses, and never kill a soul. Why? Because they're NOT DRUNK.

It's not the illegality that causes the killing - it's the ALCOHOL.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:58 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,790,855 times
Three times I have been assaulted by native born Americans. Not including my schoolyard fights.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:01 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,062,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
nobody is forgetting anything. this is a real issue - face it.
Let's be real. The drunk driving laws in this country are stupid. Nobody takes them seriously because there is basically no consequence.

But it is a real issue with the illegal aliens from down south because they really think there's nothing wrong with drinking and driving. They've said so repeatedly to my face when I work on the border for three years. They think a lot of our laws are stupid and have zero intention of following them.

Now the fact is that there are plenty of legal citizens of the United States who think our laws are stupid and have zero intention of following them.

That's not an excuse for the illegal aliens. That's a reason not to bring in more of those kind of people.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
By how much? The vast majority of drunk drivers are legal residents.

I'm not defending her - throw the book at her.

I'm just saying that the operative word in this whole sad story is DRUNK.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:02 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,062,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This is a statistically true fact.
But so with the number of people wearing pants.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:04 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,900,877 times
Another casualty of modern American liberalism.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:05 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,696,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Just shown on TV that this illegal alien was arrested for causing an accident by hitting a car from behind that caused the death of the person in the car that was hit.

The illegal alien woman was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI)!

She doesn't have a drivers license!

Another illegal that shouldn't be here that rips apart an US family!

Drunk Illegal Alien Driver Kills a Christian Missionary Near Indianapolis

I wonder how much the mainstream media will report about this case as it doesn't fit their narrative.

I bet mainstream media will have tons of reports today about the so called "immigrant stay at home day".

If they all stay at home and stayed at "home" than this man would be alive today!

I guess the point of your thread is to condemn all illegals because of this one incident ? How about the other 20 people who will die this week caused by white teenagers who are texting while driving ?

Old 02-21-2017, 04:05 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,859,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This is a statistically true fact.
But so with the number of people wearing pants.
It is? I didn't see any statistical data to support said "fact".

I'm not saying it isn't possibly correct - I'm saying I have no idea because there's no data.

"pulled from my butt!!" doesn't count as a valid source - sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies