Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 03:04 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
You just described Obama. Most transparent administration my $!@. Democrats own this mess. Corrupt democrats everywhere.
I'm certain your wrote that just to try and be sarcastically humorous...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 03:29 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Who is responsible for creating or fostering the "rot" in government? As a public service I thumbed through the first five pages of the wing-nut telegraph for this thread just to tally up who seems to be to blame. (no applause)

The results?
Surprisingly, Trump got 10 votes
Intel Agencies got 6 votes
MSM got 4 votes
"the system" got 3 votes
a tie: GOP and "they" got 2 votes
Establishment hacks, Obama, Judicial branch, globalism, "people" and wing-nuts each got 1 vote.

So, once again, Trump is a winner!!!

Old 02-16-2017, 04:07 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Fortunately, I was born with a functional brain. I also have the (apparent) innate ability to get news from multiple sources and understand the possible economic ramifications. I will provide you with a brief summary that you are free to research at your leisure.

(Please revisit my posting history if you are interested in Syria in particular.)

The impending liquidity crises looming on the horizon will be so massive due to the scale of derivatives, that it could potentially centralize all national banking functions into one global entity. Your very sovereignty is threatened. While there are time components associated with derivatives, it is highly unlikely that enough will expire in time for the global economy to survive it.

Furthermore, there is a constant threat of US labor capital being replaced. This is due to the disparity in wages between American workers and foreign workers. Additionally, technology will continue to replace jobs through automation. As machine learning processes become even more advanced, we will continue to approach technological singularity.

Global equity markets are corrupted as central banks have become directly involved in purchasing equities. For example, the Bank of Japan is the largest holder of Japanese equities. Due to this massive conflict of interest, this means that the efficient market hypothesis is no longer viable, as markets have become politicized.

The petro-dollar is the main reason why the US is able to have such tremendous debt without much risk of real inflation. The dollar is utilized for the majority of commodity purchases worldwide which is why it is high demand. This is why the broad dollar index appreciated by roughly the same amount that crude depreciated. Both Russia and China are beginning to de-dollarize and this will be a continuing theme in the future that will cause significant pain in the long term economy.

This is the main reason the US has demonized the Russians and have made attempts to overthrow the Assad regime by any means necessary, even if it includes funding fundamentalists that have been murdering innocent Syrian civilians.

Your tight oil producers are increasingly going bankrupt. The rate of defaults is continuously climbing and expected to climb higher in 2017. Unfortunately, it is not just $500 Billion in high yield debt instruments that are at risk, nor the entire $1.9 Trillion junk bond market, but the TRILLIONS of dollars of derivatives that dwarf these debt instruments. This will likely be the source of your lack of liquidity or to put it simply, there is not enough M3 in circulation to cover the losses on derivatives.

Worse, when your producers are in chapter 7 and the assets are frozen, the supply will not keep up with demand, which will likely result in an "oil shock" with the price of oil far north of $100 a barrel. The US economy is not equipped to deal with this sort of shock and will have significant ramifications that will cause severe pain and suffering, resulting in a collapse of unseen proportions, which will make 2008 look like child's play.

Social security is insolvent. A significant reduction in benefits will take a major toll on this service based economy. Imagine a stack of dominoes falling. That is your future.

Any questions?
I am glad you think so.
I understand the issue with derivatives and the potential of a house of cards effect, thats widely known. So its the fact that US dollar is a global currency since Bretton Woods summit but then you start with the petro dollars word salad. Riddle me this, did US special forces staged the Invasion of Crimea?.
EMH works on paper, there has been bubbles, crashes, manipulations always, the tools change thats all.
Assad had a awful human rights record even by arab dictator standards, you have said a lot but not tied in to syria other than the US and Russia are/were at opposite ends.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:33 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
just how bad the rot is..........just how deep the tentacles of the Deep State extend. Trump is a clown, to be sure. But because of him, everyone is learning just how corrupt The System is. The elected officials and the courts have little power; we have a shadow government that never comes and goes. It should frighten and alarm everyone......now that we know just how far they will go to keep power and run the show.
Very true! I'm glad someone else is noticing this. Trump may be a clown, but he is not nearly as bad as they are making it seem. They are ruining him because he had the gall to run for president and threaten the global world order.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:55 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Very true! I'm glad someone else is noticing this. Trump may be a clown, but he is not nearly as bad as they are making it seem. They are ruining him because he had the gall to run for president and threaten the global world order.

Correction: they are TRYING to ruin him. What is funny is to watch them try and try and try..........and fail.
I hear he cleaned out some more members of the Deep State today.......interesting. They won't go down without a hellacious fight...

Old 02-17-2017, 10:25 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Correction: they are TRYING to ruin him. What is funny is to watch them try and try and try..........and fail.
I hear he cleaned out some more members of the Deep State today.......interesting. They won't go down without a hellacious fight...
Horse pucky!

No one is "trying" to ruin Trump, he's doing that all by himself. The man couldn't make himself look less relevant if he stood on a corner wearing no clothes.

Every time he opens his mouth, those with even a modicum of intelligence cringe at his mangling of cognitive reasoning skills a sixth grader would normally have mastered to pitch his case for a later curfew and higher allowance.

How this character ever managed to sell anything is beyond me other than to surmise those who purchased from him held their noses while doing so, banking heavily on the marquee cachet of the name alone.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:18 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Horse pucky!

No one is "trying" to ruin Trump, he's doing that all by himself. The man couldn't make himself look less relevant if he stood on a corner wearing no clothes.

Every time he opens his mouth, those with even a modicum of intelligence cringe at his mangling of cognitive reasoning skills a sixth grader would normally have mastered to pitch his case for a later curfew and higher allowance.

How this character ever managed to sell anything is beyond me other than to surmise those who purchased from him held their noses while doing so, banking heavily on the marquee cachet of the name alone.

We stayed at his place in Sunny Isles Beach recently. Spectacular place and experience.
He knows what he's doing. Billionaires are usually not too dumb.

"He couldn't make himself look less relevant......." lol!
You DO realize those exact same words have been said nonstop ever since he came down the escalator in the summer of 2015.....don't you?? Meanwhile (throat clearing), he is PRESIDENT OF THE FREAKIN' UNITED STATES as we speak......lol
Disconnect...........disconnect...........disconne ct............

Old 02-18-2017, 02:24 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
They've been making the BR comparison because of Trump, not Obama.

Now, please explain why you describe Obama as corrupt?
Solyndra,

Loretta Lynch meeting Bill Clinton on the airplane,

IRS and other federal agencies targeting conservative groups,

The IRS 501 c (4) director pleading the 5th,

Hillary Clinton destroying 30,000 emails because they show her "pay to play scheme" between the State Department and the Clinton Foundation....

Quote:
"...Political corruption is the use of power by government officials for illegitimate private gain. An illegal act by an officeholder constitutes political corruption only if the act is directly related to their official duties, is done under color of law or involves trading in influence.
Hillary Clinton doing favors as Secretary of State for Clinton Foundation donors.

The Clintons used the foundation to subsidize their luxurious lifestyle.

Quote:
Forms of corruption vary, but include bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and embezzlement..."
Yes, that fits Hillary and the rest of Obama's cronies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
'Flynn was a fat target for the national security state. He has cultivated a reputation as a reformer and a fierce critic of the intelligence community leaders he once served with when he was the director the Defense Intelligence Agency under President Barack Obama. Flynn was working to reform the intelligence-industrial complex, something that threatened the bureaucratic prerogatives of his rivals.'"

The things these agencies are doing is a threat to American democracy and freedom.
The Democrats are now what they used to accuse the Republicans of being --- the neo-con party of the national security state subverting democracy and freedom in the name of profits for a small globalist elite that depends on cheap brown labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
never mind the things being leaked about Trump and his admin are horrifying....
Trump's private phone calls to the Mexican president, to the Austrailian prime minister, and Flynn's discussions with the Russian ambassador are "horrifying"?

How are they "horrifying"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Exactly.

A world order that Democrats used to complain about, but now they suddenly love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Horse pucky!

$2.8 trillion has been added to our national wealth since Trump got elected.

What have you accomplished lately?

Quote:
"He couldn't make himself look less relevant......." lol!
You DO realize those exact same words have been said nonstop ever since he came down the escalator in the summer of 2015.....don't you?? Meanwhile (throat clearing), he is PRESIDENT OF THE FREAKIN' UNITED STATES as we speak......lol
Disconnect...........disconnect...........disconne ct............
Yes, the anti-Trumps have to resort to the most transparently stupid arguments, because they don't have any good ones to make.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:53 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,926 times
I will bite-----it took Trumps emergence to find out that any healing, progress, or growth in social attitudes, justice, and harmony was pretty much destroyed and perhaps was an illusion.
It took Trump to show us how shockingly divided this nation really is----it took Trump to show us how to try to divide and conquer through manipulation, alternative truths, and creating dissension and animosity.
It took Trump to show us how to use the media to establish self adulation as a national pastime. It took Trump to show us how demeaning, denigrating, and bullying can become the norm rather than the exception.
Finally, it took Trump to show how really frightening all this has become and how this can possibly further deteriorate.

Old 02-18-2017, 03:16 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,551,679 times
Quote:
just how bad the rot is..........just how deep the tentacles of the Deep State extend. Trump is a clown, to be sure. But because of him, everyone is learning just how corrupt The System is. The elected officials and the courts have little power; we have a shadow government that never comes and goes. It should frighten and alarm everyone......now that we know just how far they will go to keep power and run the show.
The only "shadow government" is headed by Trump and his billionaire henchmen. Get a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies